Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford S-max In Malaysia 2010 ?

• Please log in to reply

DC18

Posted 17 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (cruzeon @ Jun 17 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
maybe it is time to change a new dealer/distributor smile_tongue.gif

In terms of marketing and car pricing, SDAC is doing alright. After sales n part price , now that need much improvement

ymfoo

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:55 AM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Jun 15 2011, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just pray the price is not out of range.....

The Mondeo is going to be about RM190K. S-Max is sold about 10% higher than Mondeo in other markets, so it should be RM200-210K.

If a Titanium spec with Sat-Nav and reverse camera and bells and whistles is brought in, the price is just right. For people looking for a new premium MPV, it is the only one available.

A 2-year old Estima G spec is about RM255K OTR but a size larger. Mitsu Grandis and Mazda 8 is outdated in term of technology and specs.

Cars, Oh cars......

V406198

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:29 PM

V406198

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Jun 18 2011, 08:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Mondeo is going to be about RM190K. S-Max is sold about 10% higher than Mondeo in other markets, so it should be RM200-210K.

If a Titanium spec with Sat-Nav and reverse camera and bells and whistles is brought in, the price is just right. For people looking for a new premium MPV, it is the only one available.

A 2-year old Estima G spec is about RM255K OTR but a size larger. Mitsu Grandis and Mazda 8 is outdated in term of technology and specs.

Really ?? S-Max will price around rm200k -210K ?? that's will make me think more than twice before i decided which MPV should i go after...
2004 S60R. AT. Tit Grey. Nordkap. 18" Pegs. TME SportCat Exhaust DP & Cat Back System. TME Lower Spring. Garrett GT3071R. RC 750cc Injectors. FMIC. K&N Filter. Pegasus 3" CAI. IPD HD TCV. IPD HD Ignition Coil, IPD 25mm Front Sway Bar. UR Custom 23mm Rear Sway Bar. UR Front & Rear Strut Bars. Stainless Steel Brake Hoses. Audi TT DV, Saab 900 ATF Cooler. TkiMotorSportRacing & IPD HD Link Rod. H&R 5mm Front Wheel Spacer. Endless Sport 0-400 Front Brake Pad. ScangaugeII Diagnostic Gauge. Stages 2 Snow Performance methanol Injection.

ymfoo

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:51 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (V406198 @ Jun 23 2011, 12:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really ?? S-Max will price around rm200k -210K ?? that's will make me think more than twice before i decided which MPV should i go after...

This is a guess. No one knows until the car is revealed.

But you cannot expect it to be lower than the Mondeo. Similar size MPV like Grandis is already RM170K, and that is a very old car (no offence Grandis owners). S-Max has the latest technology.....

Cars, Oh cars......

daffo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:19 AM

daffo

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
I am also looking for a MPV.
Certainly S-Max is bigger than grandis (at least externally).
If price between 180K-210K then a comparison would be with Mazda 8.
In terms of the engine performance S-Max would certainly beat Mazda 8, there is no question about this.
I actually like Grandis but as some others highlighted it needs to be given a lifeline.

I am certainly awaiting the S-Max with anticipation: turbocharge 2.0 Ti-VCT coupled with 6-speed powershift transmission dual-clucth gearbox and it is a wet clutch.

DC18

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (daffo @ Jun 24 2011, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am also looking for a MPV.
Certainly S-Max is bigger than grandis (at least externally).
If price between 180K-210K then a comparison would be with Mazda 8.
In terms of the engine performance S-Max would certainly beat Mazda 8, there is no question about this.
I actually like Grandis but as some others highlighted it needs to be given a lifeline.

I am certainly awaiting the S-Max with anticipation: turbocharge 2.0 Ti-VCT coupled with 6-speed powershift transmission dual-clucth gearbox and it is a wet clutch.

From what i heard, they are trying to price it below RM180k.

daffo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:55 AM

daffo

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Jun 24 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what i heard, they are trying to price it below RM180k.

That would certainly a big plus point to consumers because decision would be then strongly inclined towards S-Max.
However still there would be other big concerns such as the maintenance cost, spare parts, after sale services and the fact that there are not many service center around. Malaysian are still not really into Ford and perhaps Conti as a whole. So certainly entering this new territory would be a change management challenge for SADC. Good car but skepticism around.

ymfoo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:55 PM

ymfoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts
QUOTE (daffo @ Jun 24 2011, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would certainly a big plus point to consumers because decision would be then strongly inclined towards S-Max.
However still there would be other big concerns such as the maintenance cost, spare parts, after sale services and the fact that there are not many service center around. Malaysian are still not really into Ford and perhaps Conti as a whole. So certainly entering this new territory would be a change management challenge for SADC. Good car but skepticism around.

If it is really around RM180K then it should sell rather well. There are no other MPVs that offer so much for so little money.

As for servicing and parts, Ford has been around for a long time, so it should not be too bad. Anyway none of the after sales sevices except the 3 Japanese giants are up to mark. Even then, there are many ppl not happy with the 3 giants.

Cars, Oh cars......

daffo

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:44 PM

daffo

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (ymfoo @ Jun 24 2011, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it is really around RM180K then it should sell rather well. There are no other MPVs that offer so much for so little money.

As for servicing and parts, Ford has been around for a long time, so it should not be too bad. Anyway none of the after sales sevices except the 3 Japanese giants are up to mark. Even then, there are many ppl not happy with the 3 giants.

Let's hope so. I have been looking for MPV. Have considered Mazda 5, Pug 5008, Grandis, the recond Estima. I was attracted to Grandis the most. If S-Max enter that price segment, I think my search is done. So there is a lot of anticipation from me. I have to read the ford forum more to accustom myself with this new taste of conti. Patiently waiting.

scenic

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:51 PM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
What's wet clutch and dry clutch ? Thanks.
director's choice