S40 2.4 Questions
Posted 22 September 2005 - 11:37 AM
Company looking at the S40 as a replacement for the current car. After
reading the threads related to the S40, I'm fielding these questions for
1. Air-cond leakage-someone mentioned it to be a known defect. Has it been
rectified by Volvo worldwide or do we wait for it to leak before repairing?
2. Insulation-is the insulation that bad or just comparable to other makes?
3. Engine vibration-Anyone experiencing this within 6 months?
4. Jerky gearbox-are the new cars' software already updated?
Your feedback is appreciated cos the management is also looking at the
Accord 2.4 which is much cheaper but not as powerful as the S40.
Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:39 PM
1) aircond leakage - resolved
2) insulation - for me just comparable
3) engine vibration - no
4) jerky gearbox - updated
Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:20 PM
1. Air-cond leakage had been rectified locally. Some re-taping is done
for all new cars coming out of the showrooms. Best is to check with sales
person attending to you to explain the process.
2. Insulation is so-so only, with wind noise by the time you get up to
100km/h. But then, I don't mind, coz the feel of the car at the speed (or
higher) just puts a permanent grin on my face!
3. I have the engine vibration problem but hv not seen any other
concurring responses to my posting in this forum. I have seen 2 or 3
other posts of similar problems on the American sites but no news of
resolution yet. Will be sending my car to have it checked soon and update
4. Jerky gearbox eliminated. I got my car from SM and they've had the
software patch since end-Aug '05.
Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:35 PM
Posted 30 September 2005 - 11:43 PM
Posted 01 October 2005 - 03:43 PM
Just curious. Does your company pay for traffic saman?
Posted 02 October 2005 - 01:05 AM
Posted 02 October 2005 - 05:09 PM
That is news to me. Yours is the first company I know of which pays for
How do you ensure accountability and responsibility? What if the manager
consistently returns 10 samans (or more)a month?
Just curious. Because in my opinion, this practice is "not right". It
takes away the element of care and responsibility.
Posted 02 October 2005 - 08:04 PM
So far no noise yet, but will feel a bit embarassed when presented the saman by the admin.
Posted 03 October 2005 - 11:31 AM
have any of u tried before?