Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Unser - Q & A

• Please log in to reply

aryfs

Posted 28 June 2001 - 11:54 AM

aryfs

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts
fellas - as suggested by chips, i`m opening a new thread.
anybody have any questions on the unser shd post here and
we, as the unserian, will try to give answers/solutions based on
our own experience.
can or not like that - we help each other, okey
thanks a lots.

newunser

Posted 02 July 2001 - 12:48 AM

newunser

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Anyone install a VCD player in an Unser? If so, where do you mount your LCD? Saw one on the road that mount just in front of the rear view mirror....don`t this obstruct the drivers view of what is behind him? The salesman suggest mounting it under the rear air cond blower but then if there`re not careful, then it will cause more problem then good. Thanks in advance.

makangin

Posted 02 July 2001 - 01:21 PM

makangin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
I suggest to embed it into the driver`s headrest. That is for the passenger cabin, since Unser`s seating level is like in an auditorium, therefore doesn`t pose much viewing hindrance.
As for the cockpit - no need lar.. Nuisance for the driver. Co-pilot try enjoy the audio part or just jump into passenger cabin.

makangin

Posted 02 July 2001 - 01:36 PM

makangin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
On Sunday,
My left tyre kena paku 2" sideway towards the wall and it causes the wall to bulge. My 13th day of possession.
I don`t feel safe to use the tyre anymore. Can I claim the tyre warranty? or do I have to fork out another RM200 for a new Hankook tyre that I am using. (size 15 205x60)

newunser

Posted 03 July 2001 - 12:38 AM

newunser

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts
Makangin, well for this case you can`t claim warranty...I see that you change your rim and tyre size as well. What rim you`re using and how much you have to pay to change for all tyre and rim? My salesman told me it will cost me RM1300 to trade in and get 15" rim.
Well, after 6 weeks no sign of my new unser but was told to wait for another 2 weeks. Can`t wait to get it.

Saw one Unser with two tone and also with body kit...real beauty...look like prado in fact.

rocker

Posted 03 July 2001 - 07:58 AM

rocker

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
I am a bit confused with the comparisons made in the previous thread between the Unser and MPVs and Kenari. Isn`t the Unser technically a SUV? The Serena and Spectron are MPVs and the Kenari I believe is a car.

makangin

Posted 03 July 2001 - 09:20 AM

makangin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
Newunser,

I changed my wheel on the 2nd day of possession in Sg.Chua Kajang.

Trade in `old` tyres at RM110 each
4 JRD Rims RM750
Hankook tyre RM210 each
Amount RM1150
But when I send to patch the puncture in Semabok on Sunday, that shop was willing to sell RM190 for the same type but has to order first, because he didn`t keep stock.

Anyway, now my cost of tyres has risen to another RM200 for that punctured tyre.(rugi) Hasn`t replace yet. Got to go back to the same shop,- to offer that price.

It think the sales of the new unsers is picking up quite fast therefore the delivery period could be 2 months by now. Mine was exactly 6 weeks on the dot...21st wedding anniversary. just a coincidence..

Experience: Like Aryfs said " No regret and very satisfied" and of course no turning back, cause already tanggung hutang another RM45K.

ibni

Posted 03 July 2001 - 03:38 PM

ibni

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Hello friends
I just got my unser last week. Overall i satisfy with it.
I`m thinking of putting seat covers. What kind of materials do you recommend me. Of course not the leather type one coz. I can`t afford for it. Does anyone know where to get it and how much is the cost??

makangin

Posted 03 July 2001 - 05:38 PM

makangin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
Seen few Unsers with lace type of covers but that is for the back and head rest.

Seat covers for 8 seaters? I don`t think you can find it in any accessory shops. Correct me if I am wrong.

Got to be tailored made. Heard Banting shop is cheap and fast, ready within a day. Can get advise from them according to taste and budget.

But why want to cover because the original material is easily cleaned and looks OK like `songket`.

makangin

Posted 03 July 2001 - 06:35 PM

makangin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 573 posts
Rocker,
layman observation:
Unser is not a SUV. coz there is no 4x4 option gear.
Unser is a `rojak` vehicle.
Front - looks like 4x4
Rear - van
Comfort -like car...he.. he .he....at least better than van.

Serena & Spectron are `high class van` because engine is below seat.