Scania Receives Training Accreditation From Ministry Of Human Resources

Scania Receives Training Accreditation From Ministry Of Human Resources

Jabatan Pembangunan Kemahiran (JPK / Department of Skills Development), of the Ministry of Human Resources, has awarded Scania Malaysia accreditation as a centre for Sistem Latihan Dual Nasional (SLDN) a.k.a. National Dual Training System (NDTS). In effect, this makes Scania Malaysia the only one in the heavy commercial vehicle industry in Malaysia to be accredited for this training programme.

The key objective of SLDN / NDTS is to produce knowledge workers who are competent in the technical, social, and methodological sense. It is meant to be an industry driven training programme which involves cooperation between industry players and related training institutions.

Scania_Diesel Engine_Truck_MalaysiaHence Scania is collaborating with Institut Kemahiran Tinggi Belia Negara, Dusun Tua (IKTBNDT) which offers a commercial vehicle maintenance course. The Scania SLDN Apprenticeship Programme is a training programme that is designed for individuals from the Commercial / Heavy Automotive Engineering background who are seeking to further a career in a technical role (technician) within Scania. The year-long apprenticeship programme focuses on developing technical and interpersonal skills via formal trainings, coaching as well as on-the-job experiences.

At the end of the apprenticeship programme, candidates who have successfully completed the programme and assessment will be offered a permanent role as a full-time qualified technician within Scania. They will also receive a Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia Tahap 2 from JPK, Ministry of Human Resources. In this apprenticeship, the candidates are expected to hold true to the core values of Scania, and be functionally competent to perform maintenance works on commercial vehicles according to Scania’s Dealer Operating Standards.Scania_Institut Kemahiran Tinggi Belia Negara Dusun Tua_Apprentice Programme

“I consider myself very fortunate to be selected as one of the many applicants for this SLDN Apprenticeship Programme and fulfil the high demand for skilled workers in the heavy commercial vehicle industry. The prospect of being able to work with Scania was also the driving factor for me to apply to be part of this collaborative effort between Scania and IKTBNDT,” said Mohd Nor Zairqh Muhamad.

Apprenticeship Programme_Workshop_Practical Training_TechniciansSLDN / NDTS is based on industry-driven training concept through collaboration between companies and training institutions. The ‘dual’ in its name refers to the 2 methods of training. The SLDN Accredited Centre in Scania Malaysia will cover 70% – 80% of the training with practical work (hands-on experience), while the IKTBNDT will cover the remaining 20% – 30% via theoretical / academic sessions.

“As one of the Scania technicians accepted into the SLDN Apprenticeship Programme, I look forward to upgrading my skills, qualifying me to a more challenging position in Scania. I am keen to do well and get my Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia Tahap 2 by end 2022,” commented Khairul Hanifah, a Maintenance Technician at the Bukit Jelutong Workshop of Scania Malaysia.

The SLDN Accredited Centre is responsible for offering, administering and ensuring the quality of the NDTS Commercial Vehicles – Repair Service Programme (Kenderaan Perdagangan – Program Servis Pembaikan). Scania has also been acknowledged by the Ministry of Youth and Sports for the collaboration.

Dalila Sharingat_Director_Institut Kemahiran Tinggi Belia Negara Dusun Tua“We are very pleased that Scania is collaborating with IKTBNDT in training the first 10 Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia Tahap 2 candidates. They are excited with the prospect of receiving the invaluable training and coaching that Scania will give to them and look forward to the transfer of Scania sustainable practices that will benefit them in their careers in future,” said Dalila Sharingat, Director of IKTBNDT.

Navindran Rajendran_People and Culture Business Partner_Scania Southeast Asia“Scania is proud to be in a sustainable partnership with IKTBNDT by building future leaders in sustainable transport systems. It is hoped that the candidates will excel and continue to drive real change with Scania and for the industry,” stated Navindran Rajendran, People and Culture Business Partner, Scania Southeast Asia.


Leave a Reply