The Volvo XC40 Recharge Pure Electric EV recently unveiled by Volvo Car Malaysia recently came without an official retail price. But as promised during the unveiling that a price would be announced on 4 April 2022, the company revealed that the company’s first pure electric vehicle (EV) will come with a hassle-free price* of RM262,459.75.
The launch of XC40 Recharge Pure Electric represented a significant milestone for Volvo Car Malaysia as it becomes the first luxury car brand in the country to assemble EVs locally. Assembled at the Volvo plant in Shah Alam, Volvo Car Malaysia will be exporting EVs to other ASEAN countries.
“We are delighted to launch our first pure EV in Malaysia. The launch lays the foundation for us to become the leading electric luxury car brand in the country. To support this, we are committed to launching a new electric vehicle every year for next 5 years. In addition, we have the capabilities to assemble our own pure EVs for the local and other ASEAN markets,” said Charles Frump, Managing Director of Volvo Car Malaysia.
This is in line with Volvo Cars’ global ambition of a 50% contribution from its pure electric line-up by 2025; to be a fully electric car company by 2030; and becoming a climate-neutral company by 2040.
The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is based on the XC40 compact premium SUV which is built on the Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform. This compact EV features a fully electric all-wheel-drive powertrain with a 78 kWh lithium-ion battery pack that offers a driving range of up to 418 km** on a single charge. A pair of electric motors drive each axle and provides 402 hp and 660 Nm of torque. This allows this XC40 to go from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.9 seconds.
The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric also uses Google services in its user interface for a more convenient and hands-free driving experience.
Along with announcing the price of the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric today, Volvo Car Malaysia also introduced a hassle-free price* point which includes:
- a charging cable with the car
- service package (years/km)
- 5 years vehicle warranty
- 8 years EV battery warranty
- 5 years Roadside Assistance
The XC40 Recharge Pure Electric is available with a choice of 5 colour i.e. Black Stone, Crystal White Pearl, Denim Blue, Glacier Silver and Sage Green. You can start placing an order online tonight. Vehicle deliveries are expected to start at the end of April 2022.
You can also request for a test drive through the same order website i.e. www.volvocars.com/my, or by contacting a Volvo authorised dealer.
* Hassle-free price is Volvo Car Malaysia’s recommended retail price for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric and includes the convenience of a charging cable, service package, 5 years vehicle warranty, 8 years HV battery warranty and 5 years roadside assistance. Volvo Car Malaysia does not determine the retail price between customers and authorised Volvo Dealer. The actual drive-away price that a customer pays for the XC40 Recharge Pure Electric will be agreed by the customer with the selected Authorised Volvo Dealer and set out in the vehicle sale agreement between the customer and the selected Authorised Volvo Dealer.
** Range figures as per Worldwide Harmonized Light Vehicles Test Procedure (“WLTP”) derived from laboratory testing. Real world range can differ from the stated figures.