The Renault Megane R.S. hot hatch is back, this time as the Megane R.S. 300 Trophy. Unveiled recently by TC Euro Cars, the facelifted Megane will be available for outright purchase or subscription, depending on what you fancy.
The retail price for the Renault Megane R.S. 300 Trophy is RM326,476.61 (on-the-road without insurance for private registration in Pen. Malaysia), and RM174,888 in Langkawi. These prices are valid until 30 June 2021.
Alternatively, you can choose to enroll in the subscription plan if you decide not to take ownership. Monthly subscription fees start from RM5,200 (for 3 year plan) and go up with the reduction in plan duration i.e. RM6,200 / month for 2-year plan and RM7,200 / month for 1-year plan. The subscription fee will cover insurance, road tax, regular servicing, and allows you up to 20,000 km of usage per year.
The Renault Megane R.S. 300 Trophy gets an updated 1.8L turbocharged direct injection engine offering 300 PS and 420 Nm of torque, courtesy of pioneering technologies that include the ceramic ball-bearing turbocharger and exhaust system. The engine is paired to a 6-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) transmission with paddle shifters, and can propel this hot hatch from standstill to 100 km/h in 5.7 seconds.
Driving performance is determined by the R.S. Drive mode which consists of “My Sense”, “Save”, “Sport” and “Race” modes. In Sport and Race mode, the EDC gearbox offers these functions:
- Multi-Change Down: under braking in manual mode, this feature lets the driver drop several gears simultaneously by pressing and holding down the left-hand paddle. The best gear is then selected to exit the corner as efficiently as possible.
- Launch Control: the clutch and turbo are pre-loaded, enabling a standing start that is just as quick as in a racing car. In Sport mode, traction control provides the driver with additional support in finding the best possible grip in slippery conditions.
Other key features of the Megane R.S. 300 Trophy are:
- Cup chassis with a Torsen® mechanical Limited Slip Differential calibrated for more precise entry into corners and improved traction when exiting.
- New full LED headlamps and revised daytime running lights, as well as new rear LED lighting signature
- Unique R.S. Vision high-performance lighting that combines four functions: sidelights, cornering lights, fog lights and long-range high beam lights.
- Honeycomb radiator grille stamp incorporates R.S. double diamond logo
- Wing-mounted air extractors, which optimise airflow through the wheel arches
- Rear bumper with a built-in diffuser and iconic central exhaust, enhanced by a decorative trim
- Narrower rear spoiler to improve aerodynamic performance. The vertical vents contribute to aerodynamic efficiency by providing improved lateral airflow
- 19″ Jerez wheels inspired by the Renault Sport R.S.01 concept car, featuring a diamond-cut finish with red borders.
- Brembo® brake callipers in striking red paint
- TROPHY stamped F1-style blade
- Exclusive R.S. double-diamond stamped specific leather and Alcantara© steering wheel
- EASYLINK 7” touchscreen with Apple CarPlay® and Android Auto®
- Sportier dashboard with 7” customisable TFT driver’s information display
The Megane R.S. 300 Trophy is also equipped with 4CONTROL which is a four-wheel steering system that improves cornering agility and stability. At low speeds, the rear wheels turn in the opposite direction to the front wheels, while higher speeds, the front and rear wheels turn in the same direction for increased stability.
It is also equipped with bi-material brake discs that shave off 1.8 kg of unsprung mass in each corner. In addition, it uses rally-inspired hydraulic compression stops to the four shock absorbers allowing the car to tackle bumpy roads and optimise tyre-ground contact.
“The new Renault MEGANE R.S. 300 TROPHY stays true to our commitment to performance, living up to Renault’s rich racing heritage. Furthermore, we have made it more accessible by offering both purchase and subscription options for those that appreciate performance in their everyday drive.” said Wong Hoe Mun, Chief Executive Officer of TCEC.
The new Renault Megane R.S. 300 Trophy comes with a three-year or 100,000 km warranty (whichever comes first).
Besides the new Flame Red colour, the Megane R.S. 300 Trophy is also available in four other colour options i.e. Diamond Black, Pearl White and the signature Liquid Yellow (additional RM9,000) and Orange Tonic (additional RM9,000).
Test drives are available at selected Renault showrooms by appointment only and can be requested via the Renault Malaysia E-Store (www.renault.com.my).
For more information, please visit www.renault.com.my or call 1800-18-8663 (Monday – Sunday, 8 am – 8 pm).