Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors (HSDM) is proactively providing a financial buffer to its dealers and sales consultants to ease their financial burden. Offering these subsidies will help alleviate some financial constraints and safeguard the welfare of employees by preventing job loss during this period.
HSDM is providing a special monthly Hardship Allowance to sales consultants from April to June 2020, via their respective dealerships. This subsidy is only applicable to sales consultants who have been in service for three months or longer, but not for those serving notice.
Concurrently, dealers are offered financial subsidies for online marketing expenses and purchase of hand sanitisers, disinfectants and thermometers for use at their sales and service outlets, to reassure the visiting public of a hygienic environment.
“The pandemic has badly affected the auto sector. We understand the hardship of our dealers and sales consultants, and we hope the subsidy will help ease their financial burden and help with the cost of health and safety measures at all authorised Hyundai sales and service outlets,” said Mr Low Yuan Lung, Managing Director of HSDM.
HSDM also wants to assure everyone that health and safety measures are already in place for service outlets that have reopened. The other sales and service outlets which will resume operations soon will also be taking the following health and safety measures:
- Hand sanitisation and temperature checks for all visitors and staff at all showroom entry points
- Sanitisers at all customer touchpoints (e.g. Reception, Washroom, Sales & Service Consultation Area)
- Regular disinfection of the outlet (especially at heavy touchpoint areas)
- Periodic disinfection of all customer / prospect related vehicles (e.g. Showroom Display, Demo, New Car Handover, Repaired Cars). Test drive vehicles will be disinfected before and after every test drive in the presence of the customer for assurance.
- Promotion of good hygiene practices (e.g. display of safety and health information on table standee, leaflets and posters)
Watch Hyundai Malaysia’s health and safety procedure video below.