AIA General Berhad (a subsidiary of AIA Berhad) has launched the AIA Family Drive car insurance package. As its first flagship product, Family Drive provides all-round, on-the-road protection as well as convenience and savings for Malaysian drivers and their families through several industry-first benefits. This is the first car insurance in Malaysia to offer a family discount if two or more cars in the family are insured under the same household (and up to four cars per household).
AIA Family Drive is a comprehensive car insurance that provides the usual protection for third party and own loss and damages. However, it also comes with a range of unique features that are designed with customers in mind:
- Personal Accident Protection which ensures that anyone travelling in the insured car is automatically covered with up to RM250,000 personal accident coverage in total (limited to seven occupants per car).
- Protection against legal liability to third party injury, death and property loss or damage for everyone travelling in the car.
- Automatic coverage for all authorised drivers without additional cost.
- Customers will receive the Inconvenience Allowance of RM600 per accident if their car is being repaired in the workshop.
- AIA Roadside Assist provides customers with an array of value-added services such as battery and tyre replacement, vehicle towing, 24/7. Customers can request for assistance with their police report and will be provided with e-hailing vouchers to help them and their family get home safely after the accident.
- A Family Discount of 5% if customers insure two or more cars with Family Drive (up to four cars per household).
- Excess waiver is granted if customers repair their car at an AIA panel workshop, with the total repair cost borne by AIA.
“We are very excited to be able to bring Family Drive and its various innovative and customer-centric features to the motor insurance market. Our market research identified various customer concerns where we saw the growing trend of expanding families who were worried about their family’s safety and the inconveniences caused by car accidents. With these insights, we developed Family Drive as a way to meet the protection needs of our customers on the road – ultimately providing them with a worry-free driving experience for the entire family.” said Eric Chang, Chief Executive Officer of AIA General Berhad at the media launch of Family Drive.
Road safety continues to be a concern in Malaysia, with recent statistics showing that road accidents are the fourth highest cause of mortality in Malaysia (Statistics on Causes of Death 2019, Department of Statistics Malaysia). The same study showed that in 2018, traffic accidents were the principal cause of death among Malaysians aged 15 to 40 years. These statistics suggest a need for reinforced plans that extend beyond traditional car insurance – one that addresses the concerns of Malaysians through features that provide enhanced protection and value-added services.
Family Drive also comes with a variety of optional add-on benefits that allow customers to further enhance their coverage. With the Agreed Value feature, customers can protect themselves against the depreciation value of their car by setting an agreed coverage amount when purchasing the policy. The Waiver of Betterment Cost feature ensures that customers are covered for the full cost of new original parts for their car with no extra procedure or paperwork upon claims. Additionally, customers can opt for the Natural Disaster (Special Perils) feature that protects their cars against loss or damage caused by flood, storm, landslide or other acts of nature.
“Family Drive is the first of many innovative insurance plans and policies that will be rolled out by AIA General Berhad. We are continuously challenging ourselves to innovate and develop products that meet the various protection needs of our customers. As a new entity, we are excited about our future and I am fully confident in our ability to bring revolutionary solutions and contribute to the General Insurance industry,” added Eric.
To find out more about the terms and conditions of AIA Family Drive as well as other AIA General Berhad products and services, visit www.aia.com.my