Volvo Trucks Malaysia has launched its Uptime Promise to support its customers and enhance ownership experience. Uptime Promise is a newly added service to its Gold Service Agreement for aftermarket support. This ‘Promise’ is the first-of-its-kind in the market with the unique feature of providing monetary compensation to customers who has a truck on a breakdown time that exceeds Volvo Trucks’ committed time to put the truck back on the road.
The customer-centric Uptime Promise is designed to give customers extra protection against unplanned standstills and is offered as part of Volvo Trucks’ continuous customer satisfaction enhancement effort. More than financial compensation for truck downtime, Uptime Promise offers other benefits including safe and dependable repairs carried out by highly skilled Volvo technicians, minimal loss of income due to downtime, and maximum truck uptime.
“We understand how important uptime is to our customers in securing their profitability. At Volvo Trucks, our main priority is to minimise the risk of a breakdown and, should one occur, to get the truck back on the road as quickly as possible. Through our Gold Service Agreement and Uptime Promise, our customers can now maximise uptime driving, increase maintenance efficiency, and protect their trucks with protection plans customised to their business needs,” said Mitch Peden, Managing Director, Volvo Trucks Malaysia.
Volvo Truck customers who subscribe to the Gold Service Agreement will now be automatically entitled to enjoy the benefits of Uptime Promise. They will receive monetary compensation of RM300 per day for any breakdown exceeding 12 hours from the time of telephone call to Volvo’s Customer Care Centre hotline to request for Volvo Action Service support (subject to terms and conditions).
“Volvo Trucks is very proud to be the first truck brand in Malaysia to introduce this unique compensation benefit to our customers. Uptime is an important parameter to drive customer satisfaction because unexpected downtime affects business profitability. We are confident that with this newly added service, we will be able to reward our customers for their trust and support in us, whilst further elevating their level of satisfaction with Volvo Trucks,” Peden added.
In addition to the launch of Volvo Uptime Promise, Volvo Trucks is also featuring its new Active Safety Package at its booth here at the Malaysia Commercial Vehicle Expo 2019 (MCVE). “The Active Safety Package is our safety support solution that can streamline the planning and execution of safe driving on the road to the benefit of the drivers of our trucks and the wider community. Safety is our core value; this enhanced feature introduction is part of our continuous effort in driving progress towards achieving our goal of zero accidents involving Volvo Trucks,” commented Peden.
The Active Safety Package includes advanced and innovative safety features aimed at assisting truck drivers to retain their attention while driving under the fast-changing traffic condition. The Active Safety Package consists such features as:
- Volvo Dynamic Steering with Stability Assist which enables the truck’s sensor to monitor the truck’s rotational speed and activate the system to help the driver steer and stabilise the vehicle if any skidding tendency is detected.
- Back-up Monitor offers excellent visual supervision behind the truck during reversing or when coupling the trailer to the truck.
- Lane Keeping Support alerts the driver when unintentional deviations from the lane is detected.
- Depart Warning System with Lane Keeping Assist works with Lane Keeping Support to alert the driver and automatically make the necessary correction when the truck continues to deviate from the driving lane.
- Driver Alert Support is an extension package to Lane Keeping Support. If the driver shows signs on inattention, the system activates an audio-visual alert.
- Lane Changing Support helps to prevent accidents while changing lanes. When the turn signal is engaged the Lane Changing Support will alert the driver if there is a vehicle in the blind spot.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Forward Collision Warning and Emergency Brake maintains the truck at a safe distance to the vehicle in front. The driver will be alerted if the distance between the vehicle in front is at a critical range and the truck will apply emergency braking when it senses no reaction from driver.