Daihatsu (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd, which distributes Daihatsu compact commercial vehicles, has launched its Daihatsu Business Fleet Program to provide innovative solutions and extensive end-to-end aftersales service tailored to small and medium businesses as well as large fleet customers.
“The program puts a renewed focus on automotive service to better meet the requirements of today’s growing fleets. With the explosive growth of transportation network companies and last mile delivery services, our aim is to drive value through innovation by being the preferred partner of fleet companies to provide them with the service, vehicles and fleet management they need”, said Arman Mahadi, Managing Director of Daihatsu (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd.
The Business Fleet Program was launched at the Malaysia Commercial Vehicle Expo (MCVE) 2019 and includes:
- Range of Vehicle Solutions – From panel vans to pick-ups with 17 body applications and other medium to heavy segment models.
- Sales & Service incentives – Special rebates with new purchase of Daihatsu fleets and special discounts on parts purchases.
- Daihatsu Mobile Service – Dedicated on-site vehicle service exclusively for Daihatsu fleet customers without additional charges.
- Extended Vehicle Warranty Service – 5 Years / 150,000Km* standard manufacturer warranty for better protection and peace of mind.
- Maintenance Service Contract – Personalized service maintenance plan with additional value-added services.
- Service Credit Term Facilities – Up to RM10,000 with 30 days credit term for vehicle maintenance.
- Drivers Safety Training Program – To improve personal driving skills, road safety culture, vehicle upkeep and ensure longer uptime.
- Accident Repair & Insurance Claim Service – One stop automotive repair centre and insurance claims to ensure total customer satisfaction and confidence.
Daihatsu Malaysia is also showcasing the Gran Max Panel Van (AT) at the MCVE 2019 (Malaysia Commercial Vehicle Expo), the first automatic transmission light commercial vehicle available in Malaysia. This first-in-class vehicle is designed to specifically cater to the requirements of delivery-based businesses, SMEs, fleet businesses and government agencies, delivering strong performance and economical fuel consumption.
This lightweight and compact commercial vehicle runs on a 1.5L DVVT engine with electronic fuel injection (EFI) and is equipped with rear-wheel drive (RWD) and can accommodate up to 2,000 kg of gross weight (with load). The rear-wheel drive configuration ensures better grip when the vehicle is loaded. The automatic transmission is suited for driving in urban and heavy traffic, and helps reduce driver fatigue. Other features include Anti-lock Braking System (ABS), dual front SRS airbags as well as power steering features to ensure easy manouevering in narrow spaces.
In addition to the company’s aim of driving value through innovation, DMSB has also partnered with the Free Tree Society to create the ‘Rewilding Roadshow’, a community project sponsored by DMSB to encourage urban conservation and the greening of urban spaces. On display at the MCVE 2019 is the Gran Max Green Van, custom built for the roadshow complete with body wrap and additional body kit accessories such as Daytime Running Lights, Bull Bar, Body Side Molding, Side Mirror Cover, Sun Visor, Scuff Plate and 15″ sport rims.
Arman explained, “Daihatsu Malaysia believes in environmental sustainability and the ‘Rewilding Roadshow’ will an ongoing long-term collaboration with Free Tree Society. As with the concept of ‘rewilding’ small spaces, the versatility of our custom-built Gran Max Green Van reflects how cargo space and body application can be maximized through innovative customization to allow for plant transport”.
Another concept on display at the MCVE 2019 is a Gran Max mobile clinic based on the ever-reliable pick-up variant. This is part of DMSB’s support of Columbia Asia Hospital’s initiative to continuously engage with the community to create awareness and foster preventive healthcare management. The mobile clinic offers complimentary health screening throughout the three days of the expo, including a blood donation drive administrated by the National Blood Centre on the second day of the expo.
“The transportation industry is changing rapidly, and the future of transportation will involve future-proof products and services. With our range of extremely versatile and highly adaptable vehicles as well as our innovative solutions, we are confident we are well positioned to help our customers successfully navigate the future of transportation in Malaysia”, said Arman.