Kuala Lumpur, 30 April 2019 – TC Euro Cars has introduced the upgraded Renault Captur. Europe’s best-selling crossover now has a new and more powerful turbocharged EURO 6-compliant engine for reduced emissions, stop-start function. It is also now fitted with a new 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system complete with connectivity and navigation functions.
The upgraded Renault TCe 120 turbocharged engine the same 120 PS as before but gets an additional 15 Nm of torque (205 Nm) for extra pulling power. This 1.2 litre engine is paired with a six-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) gearbox and Renault says that it is capable of delivering the performance and acceleration of a normally-aspirated 1.8 litre engine. Fuel efficiency is 5.9L/100km (NEDC test method).
For entertainment, the new 7-inch infotainment system has support for apps like JOOX, Waze and other, and also has offline and online navigation as well as Bluetooth connectivity.
Standard features include:
- Keyless entry and engine start, with walkaway door lock function
- LED fog lights
- Auto door lock
- Auto headlights and rain sensing wipers
- Reverse camera
- ECO Mode for up to 10% additional fuel savings
- A versatile multi-position boot floor (boot space of 377 litres expands to 1,235 litres)
- Sliding rear bench seat for space flexibility
- Front door bins that can accommodate 1.5-litre drinks bottles
- Four high efficiency airbags – dual frontal and dual head/thorax side
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)
- Hill Start Assist (HSA)
- ABS with Electronic Brake Assist (EBA) and Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
A special edition of the Captur was also announced by TC Euro Cars – the Renault Captur+. The Captur+ features silver/black two-tone front and rear bumpers to complement the dual-tone body colour. “Captur” kick plates have also been added to the front and rear door sills to protect the lower door section while the trunk entry guard protects the bumper from scrapes during loading and unloading of items.
But there is more than just cosmetic enhancements as the Captur+ also features a first-in-class hands-free power tailgate which lets you access the boot with a simple swipe of the foot underneath the rear bumper. The tailgate opening height can also be programmed for those with height restrictions in their parking spot.
The Captur+ is also fitted with a driving video recorder (DVR) which is a necessity these days. The DVR can record up to 136 minutes of footage in 1080p high resolution with a 16GB microSD card. It also has an impact sensing function as well as good low light performance. The DVR can be accessed through its smartphone app to easily retrieve the videos.
Inside, the Captur+ comes with distinctive maroon combination leather seats with finishing that extends to the door trims and the driver armrest, which is a new addition. The adjustable armrest features stitch detailing and offers additional storage space.
The Renault Captur+ comes with an on-the-road price of RM113,300, without insurance, while the Renault Captur is priced at RM107,980.
5-in-Captur aftersales promise
Both the Captur and Captur+ also benefits from the 5-in-Captur aftersales service which offers more cost savings and hassle-free servicing. The package includes:
- Free service and maintenance (parts and labour) for five years or up to 100,000km, whichever comes first
- A five-year manufacturer’s warranty with unlimited mileage
- Complimentary 24 hours roadside assistance
- Pick-up and delivery during scheduled maintenance at Renault service centres
- Mobility service of a replacement car in the event any part is not available for over 48 hours at authorised service centres, subject to availability
Attractive French experience offers with a trip for two to Paris
TCEC is also running ‘The French Experience’ sales campaign, which will end on 30 May 2019. This promotion offers a trip for two to Paris to any customer who purchases a Renault within the campaign period.
Both Captur variants are also eligible for the ‘French Experience’ sales campaign.
Check out the video review of the previous Captur. It is largely similar to the upgraded version except for the engine, armrest and infotainment unit: