The Honda Dreams Fund 2011 is about to close applications for its 20 spots, as the combined team of Honda Malaysia and United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) concluded its three-month road tour at Bangunan Cahaya Suria earlier today. Since January, when applications opened, the HDF team has traveled to 13 separate locations spanning six states in the country – Sabah, Negri Sembilan, Malacca, Sarawak, Johor, and Perlis.
These road shows are organized with the sole purpose of reaching out to underprivileged Malaysian youths to give them a fighting chance to achieve their dreams. Aimed solely at the hard core poor, the Honda Dreams Fund is a full and non-binding scholarship in which Honda Malaysia fully pays for the scholar’s tuition fees, accommodation and tops it with a monthly allowance for their day-to-day expenses. Grades are not an assessment criteria, although scholars are required to pass all subjects each semester. Note that it’s just PASS and not EXCEL.
Last year, Honda received 1,700 applicants for the 20 allocated spots, and response this year has been similarly good. On it’s first road tour, the HDF team already interviewed 100 youths in various parts of Sabah. In the weeks that followed, 50 were then interviewed in Malacca, 140 in Sarawak, 186 in Johor, and 86 in Perlis. To date, HDF has received 700 applicants for the 2011 scholarship, though this does not include the scores they must have undoubtedly picked up at Bangunan Cahaya Suria today.
If you know of anyone who meet the criteria below, get them to log onto to www.honda.com.my/hdf and download the HDF application forms. Applications close on 31 March 2011, so there’s still time.
– Aged between 17 and 24 years old.
– Have completed and passed SPM or STPM examinations.
– Combined household income no higher than RM1,500 per month.
– Medically fit
– Not currently receiving other scholarships or financial aid from other organizations.
– Honda Dreams Fund goes into 4th Year
– Honda Dreams Fund presents rare opportunity for under-privileged 20
– Honda Dreams Fund scholarship open for application
– Honda Dreams Fund road tour for Klang Valley on 15 Mar 2011