Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Depollution System Faulty

• Please log in to reply

Breadman

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:51 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
I drove the 308 THP on Saturday night. Ten minutes into the drive the central display shows "Depollution System Faulty." The engine icon lights up continuously.

The car starts to jerk and slows down. It can't be diven fast. I returned to the house. I am sending the car in this morning.

I googled this and find that it is pretty much across the range. 207, 307, 308 and 407. Hmm..........

Some of you have the same problem before. What did they do? And was the problem fixed satisfactorily? Did the problem return?

Cheers smile.gif
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

sengseng

Posted 05 September 2011 - 08:16 AM

sengseng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Sep 5 2011, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drove the 308 THP on Saturday night. Ten minutes into the drive the central display shows "Depollution System Faulty." The engine icon lights up continuously.

The car starts to jerk and slows down. It can't be diven fast. I returned to the house. I am sending the car in this morning.

I googled this and find that it is pretty much across the range. 207, 307, 308 and 407. Hmm..........

Some of you have the same problem before. What did they do? And was the problem fixed satisfactorily? Did the problem return?

Cheers smile.gif

hi, depollution systen faulty can be a lot of things. you need the detail diagnostic report from PP2000 in order to pin point what went wrong and recorded in ECU.

Dream It, Buy It, Drive It !!!

My Blog

Breadman

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Thanks, sengseng.

They just towed the car to Glenmarie. I'll post again after I get the car back. smile.gif

enduser

Posted 05 September 2011 - 04:59 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
etuners.gr has released 'lionheart'
http://forum.etuners...wforum.php?f=39

Using Lionheart to monitor ignition parameters
http://forum.etuners...a6436a3a1765e96

what is lionheart
"... Lionheart is a diagnostic program that works with the ELM327-USB interface that we have
developed to make our work easier with THP engines. ..."

enduser

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:02 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
http://en.wikipedia....i/Prince_engine

-------------quote--------------

Common Problems

Often an error is produced the car will switch to "limp mode" in which case it opens up the wastegate and no turbo pressure is sent to the intake manifold.

Common problems which will cause this:

* The blow-off valve (or diverter valve) is manufactured to withstand 1 bar (14 psi) of pressure. On a stock setup this is the pressure that the turbo supplies. However, the blow-off valve still fails. Inside it has a rubber membrane which at some point will tear. The company that makes the blow-off valve is called Piersburg, and they make blow off valves for VAG (Volkwagen Audi Group) and these blow-off valves can be found in a range of VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat models. The blow-off valve in the VAG cars are manufactured to withstand pressure of up to 2 bar (28 psi) which makes it perfect for the Prince unit's problem. The entire VAG unit will not fit on the original turbo, but the internals will. All that is required is to exchange the original valve's internal parts with that of the VAG unit's.

* There is another valve called a "Depollution Canister Valve". The purpose of this valve is to control the burning of petrol fumes. Because petrol is a volatile substance it will evaporate easily. This means that there will be some sort of pressure building up in the fuel tank. To release this pressure, a valve is fitted on the intake manifold pipe. However, this valve only opens when coasting; i.e. when turbo boost is not needed. But, when turbo boost is produced, this valve needs to close. Failure to do so will mean that the turbo boost will be sent to the fuel tank and not reach the intake manifold side of the engine. When this happens the ECU will automatically read this as a problem with the turbo. These valves sometimes do become a bit dirty resulting in the valve's piston becoming stuck. Unfortunately, there is no way of testing this valve and so the only way to figure out whether or not this part is faulty is by replacing it. In other cases, this valve can be reset by disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes immediately after switching the car off. But if the valve is really stuck, this will not fix the issue.

* Yet another valve can cause major problems. The Boost control valve sometimes also stops working, which will cause excessive boost, or no boost at all. Replacing this part is also far cheaper than replacing the entire turbo unit.

* The car's computer controls the actuator, and the actuator control the wastegate. Sometimes, the nuts holding the actuator's arm in place comes loose, resulting in a fully opened wastegate, meaning no boost will be produced. Solution, tighten the nuts; or, if they are missing, simply purchase new nuts and tighten the arm.

Also, if the "Depollution Error" fault is produced it can be cleared by disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes immediately after switching the car off. If the error returns the car will have to be checked out by a service center.

--------------------end quote----------------------------

Breadman

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Thanks, enduser. All that technical stuff is pretty hard to digest. smile_big.gif

Ya, I read that wikipedia article too. smile_thumbup.gif

Meanwhile my car is still at the SC. Don't know how long it will take them to fix it.

sengseng

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

sengseng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (enduser @ Sep 5 2011, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
etuners.gr has released 'lionheart'
http://forum.etuners...wforum.php?f=39

Using Lionheart to monitor ignition parameters

what is lionheart
"... Lionheart is a diagnostic program that works with the ELM327-USB interface that we have
developed to make our work easier with THP engines. ..."

Hi enduser,
Nice info. I installed and pending testing with my ELM327 interface cable. Gotta find 308T to test it. smile_tongue.gif

My Blog

enduser

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

enduser

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (sengseng @ Sep 5 2011, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi enduser,
Nice info. I installed and pending testing with my ELM327 interface cable. Gotta find 308T to test it. smile_tongue.gif

pls report, ive yet to test it smile_big.gif
& stelios mention its for 4 speeder only at the moment.
6speeder is work in progress.

sengseng

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:01 PM

sengseng

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts
QUOTE (enduser @ Sep 5 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
pls report, ive yet to test it smile_big.gif
& stelios mention its for 4 speeder only at the moment.
6speeder is work in progress.

bro, you already have the cable and car.....just plug and click connect.....hehe.

My Blog

hakimi79

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:45 AM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
my depollution faulty last time was caused by the DV koyak. changed the DV under warranty & the problem solved. plan to buy the VW DV next time.