Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Depollution System Faulty

• Please log in to reply

Breadman

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:15 AM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (hakimi79 @ Sep 6 2011, 08:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
my depollution faulty last time was caused by the DV koyak. changed the DV under warranty & the problem solved. plan to buy the VW DV next time.

So, the problem didn't return after the change? smile.gif
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

hakimi79

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:40 AM

hakimi79

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Sep 6 2011, 11:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, the problem didn't return after the change? smile.gif

no.

Breadman

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:23 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Got the car back this morning. It was there for 4 days. Not because the work on the car needed so long but there are just too many cars. This is testimony to the growing popularity of the brand. I understand Nasim is building a new and much bigger SC nearby to cope. This should be good news to Peugeot car owners.

From what I can read from the jobsheet it was all diagnostic and rectification work. A cylinder was misfiring. The only part that needed replacing is a hose clip to fix the rocker cover oil leak. My guess is, all in, the job should take only about 2 hours. There is no charge as the car is still under warranty.

Once I jump into the car, start the engine and drive off everything is forgotten. So nice. The 4 days' wait seem so long. With this car the feeling is either euphoria (when it is not acting up) or frustration (when it is sitting in the SC for days). There is no in-between kind of feeling.

biggrin.gif

P/S
They took one week to replace my broken windscreen some time ago.

swinee

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:21 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Sep 9 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got the car back this morning. It was there for 4 days. Not because the work on the car needed so long but there are just too many cars. This is testimony to the growing popularity of the brand. I understand Nasim is building a new and much bigger SC nearby to cope. This should be good news to Peugeot car owners.

From what I can read from the jobsheet it was all diagnostic and rectification work. A cylinder was misfiring. The only part that needed replacing is a hose clip to fix the rocker cover oil leak. My guess is, all in, the job should take only about 2 hours. There is no charge as the car is still under warranty.

Once I jump into the car, start the engine and drive off everything is forgotten. So nice. The 4 days' wait seem so long. With this car the feeling is either euphoria (when it is not acting up) or frustration (when it is sitting in the SC for days). There is no in-between kind of feeling.

biggrin.gif

P/S
They took one week to replace my broken windscreen some time ago.

just replacing a hose clip can fixed the solution? and take 4 days to do it? salute them really:smile_question:

hereticbar

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 9 2011, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just replacing a hose clip can fixed the solution? and take 4 days to do it? salute them really:smile_question:

Diagnostic can take quite a while, they have to remove the turbo unit and some other related parts for checking. That is the time consuming part.

lowpro

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Sep 9 2011, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Diagnostic can take quite a while, they have to remove the turbo unit and some other related parts for checking. That is the time consuming part.

afaik, they have been given a long list of items to check with regards to the issue. so, yeah. it adds to the time taken as well.
Let's talk about driving again!

Breadman

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:21 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 9 2011, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. There is also diagnostic and rectification work. The 4 days include queuing for my car's turn. First come, first served.

You have to read the whole post.

smile.gif

Breadman

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Sep 9 2011, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
afaik, they have been given a long list of items to check with regards to the issue. so, yeah. it adds to the time taken as well.

Hi Lowpro,

Long time no 'see.' smile_big.gif

lowpro

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:30 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Sep 9 2011, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Lowpro,

Long time no 'see.' smile_big.gif

yeah... been some time since i was active. but let's just say, there are various variables to the issue that needs verification. so each variable needs to be tested to determine whether or not it falls under the same fault. but i guess you guys already know that smile.gif

its kinda like this: we feel 'pain' for example. it could be because an ant is biting us, we bumped our head, a bee stung us, a chick left us. so these are the variables to us feeling 'pain'. and each variable needs the 'authority' (not in malaysia) to ascertain... and that takes time.
Let's talk about driving again!

alankkwong

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:49 AM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Sep 9 2011, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah... been some time since i was active. but let's just say, there are various variables to the issue that needs verification. so each variable needs to be tested to determine whether or not it falls under the same fault. but i guess you guys already know that smile.gif

its kinda like this: we feel 'pain' for example. it could be because an ant is biting us, we bumped our head, a bee stung us, a chick left us. so these are the variables to us feeling 'pain'. and each variable needs the 'authority' (not in malaysia) to ascertain... and that takes time.

lowpro... nice to hear from you here again!
Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!