Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Looking For Another Xantia

• Please log in to reply

human

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:53 PM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (v12tubo @ Jul 12 2011, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow!!! tabik sama u la. Can save a lot of $$$ DIY and most important is that u can see for yourself your car problem.

hobby saje, suka2 bikin DIY.

human

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:05 PM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (nuggyn @ Jul 12 2011, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Mind sharing how much you paid for the timing belt kit ? Where you bought it? Brand?
And the water pump as well.

Mine is about to due soon.

I bought it from Asli auto located at batu cave, below is the details
1. Timing belt - RM 50.00
2. Timing bearing - RM 60.00
3. Timing oil seal - RM 33.00
4. Camshaft oil seal - RM 37.00
5. Water pump - RM 130.00

Timing belt and water pump is italy made while other than that are original citroen. Total cost = RM 310.00

Currently asli can provide me cheapest price compare with other, anybody know where else to buy cheap citroen spare part?

human

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
Dear Citroneer

Today i've completely dismantle head and put in my toilet. I also have clean up all the piston. Please refer picture below

Overhaul Xantia - Day 2

v12tubo

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

v12tubo

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE (human @ Jul 13 2011, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Citroneer

Today i've completely dismantle head and put in my toilet. I also have clean up all the piston. Please refer picture below

Overhaul Xantia - Day 2

the head OK? the low compression from one of your piston chamber could also be from a crack head

human

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:34 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (v12tubo @ Jul 13 2011, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the head OK? the low compression from one of your piston chamber could also be from a crack head

the head look fine, no sign of crack (using naked eye), try to find out the spray which can detect crack which is not v, but seem very hard to find it from normal hardware shop. No problem, just believe my naked eye and pray there is no tiny crack at all.

Today i just perform grind valve to all my valve, seem one of my exhaust valve already bengkok. need to change with new one. Seem my progress very slow lately because not very well for the last few days.

After this plan to skimp engine head before fitting it to my car.

Please take a look my DIY picture today.
Day 3 - After pause a few days

xantiaBFY

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:05 PM

xantiaBFY

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts
why do you want to skim your head if its not warp? They say its not a good idea to skim if it still flat/straight..

still good photos...keep us updated.

human

Posted 20 July 2011 - 05:35 PM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (xantiaBFY @ Jul 20 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why do you want to skim your head if its not warp? They say its not a good idea to skim if it still flat/straight..

still good photos...keep us updated.

i'm skim it because the head no longer flat, there's a sloop in the middle area (i'm using stainless ruler & torch light to check on the head part).

They are correct by saying skim head is not good idea if the head still flat, the reason is we need to do recalculation between head and valve clearance.

xantiaBFY

Posted 21 July 2011 - 07:58 AM

xantiaBFY

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts
smile_thumbup.gif

do you also need to relook at the ignition timing as the compression ratio has changed? smile_blush.gif

human

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:14 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (xantiaBFY @ Jul 21 2011, 07:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif

do you also need to relook at the ignition timing as the compression ratio has changed? smile_blush.gif

i don't think it necessary as skim head only reduce the engine capacity.. maybe it could change engine capacity from 1998cc to 1990cc (need mathematician to do this kind of calculation). Based on theory the performance slightly reduce compare with original but i dun't have dyno machine to proof it.

human

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
hi all forummer,

I have completed my engine overhaul last week but forgot to post the image here. Please click the link below for my diy job

Overhaul - Day 4

On the compression part, there is no changes on that because i had skimmed the engine about 0.4mm and use oversize gasket which is 1.7mm (after compressed it will become 0.425mm less or more).So the compression ratio still remain and no overheat issue will occur because of potong head.