Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Looking For Another Xantia

• Please log in to reply

thejacker

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:42 AM

thejacker

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 55 posts
bro, welcoem back to the family, after my care conversion finish maybe we can come out for TT, chekc wilth my forman, car is around 60% completed, really anxious to try on the new engine. smile_big.gif

May the force be with you

v12tubo

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

v12tubo

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE (human @ Jul 9 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everybody,

Just wanna to share that i just bought citroen xantia yesterday. The interior look good except some of the seat already torn but i believe not very expensive to repair it. The exterior also look very good. At the engine part, there is some jerking (might be plug or cable plug having the problem). There is small leaking on hydraulic at one spot. Other than that, this car have some problem with accessories such as side mirror motor not functioning well and small2 item. The link rod also have problem (not so expensive to replace it).

No leaking at the engine bay

Exterior look very good

Bought these car for 8k and currently prepare about 1k-2k for wear and tear. Current milage is about 230k. Tomorrow i plan to change faulty cable and link rod at my home.

congratulation........exterior looks good.......keep us update on the repair so that we can learn together

human

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:08 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (thejacker @ Jul 10 2011, 09:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro, welcoem back to the family, after my care conversion finish maybe we can come out for TT, chekc wilth my forman, car is around 60% completed, really anxious to try on the new engine. smile_big.gif

good news for you.. hope you can get your magic carpet earlier.

human

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:57 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
Dear friends,

Allow me to share with you all on what happen with my new toy.

2 days back,saturday.
I open both front tyre to check front component suspension, find out that link rod is badly worn. After that i check on the coil plug, find out plug no.1 did not provide enough electric compare with the other 3. So i suspect the cable plug also worn out. After satisfy with car problem diagnostic, i go to asli auto to buy cable plug and link rod and plan to do installation on the next day

Today, sunday, i plan to install cable plug and link rod (because this thing is not required long time, i start to work at 5 PM before the disaster come).

Refer image below for the worn link rod, almost tercabut. (cannot use attachment here because of attachment limitation)
old link rod

After bought all the spare part, i'm going back to install new link rod. Below is my new link rod picture after installation.
new link rod

After successful install new link rod, i change cable plug as per image below, new yellow color look fancy.

new cable plug

Unfortunately after cable plug installation completed, i still feel the car still jerking.. try to figure out what happen, finally i borrow my friend compression tester to check my engine condition.. After do some checking, i'm really shock that piston no 3 have very low compression.. it's about 8 bar while the other shown me 12 bar.

Now, this is disaster, i need to do top overhaul to my new toy,... i'm totally wrong during buying the car as thought the thing was a cable plug problem.. here i got very good lesson to share with all of you guys, never think optimistic when buying a car.. nevermind, it's below my budget as i already tell owner the price suppose to 8k because i need another 1 to 2k to repair the car.. original price is 9.5k

Tomorrow i plan to take a leave from my office to buy overhaul repair kit. so this week i'm really busy and maybe need to fix it at night after office hour.

I'll update you guys tomorrow.

Note: The intresting thing happen is, the buying process for this car very fast, only one day to setle everything include change name and puspokom ... and need two days to discover that i need to do top overhaul to my toy.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC00448.JPG

xantiaBFY

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:20 AM

xantiaBFY

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts
Dear human,

Sorry to hear about your engine issues. Before you do a top overhaul maybe you need to check the overall condition of the engine first.A dignostic might help. It can be a blocked injector maybe.

On the other hand if you really intend to proceed with the top overhaul you maybe should consider changing the rings as well...my 2 cents worth... smile_blush.gif

by the way what brand was the link rod that you bought?

human

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
QUOTE (xantiaBFY @ Jul 11 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear human,

Sorry to hear about your engine issues. Before you do a top overhaul maybe you need to check the overall condition of the engine first.A dignostic might help. It can be a blocked injector maybe.

On the other hand if you really intend to proceed with the top overhaul you maybe should consider changing the rings as well...my 2 cents worth... smile_blush.gif

by the way what brand was the link rod that you bought?

I had perform engine compression diagnostic yesterday and it shown my second piston give me reading about 8 bar while the other give me 12 bar. I suspect the valve is leaking or maybe head gasket kaput. We will check today what was happen to my engine.

Agreed to you xantiabfy to change the ring because the operation need plenty of time,so i plan to change all wear and tear part in the engine. This also good time to change timing belt and water pump as well.

I bought the original citroen part which cost me 190 and bought it one pair which cost me 380.00. Spare part shop quote me 140 for italy brand unfortunately my link rod using big screw (dunno what name is as i labeled it as screw) and no italy brand available for that model. Nevermind, it will last long (more than 5 years i believe).

human

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:25 AM

human

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
hi,

Just wanna to sharing what i have done today with my car. Today i bought top overhaul kit from spare part shop. I also bought timing belt and water pump. Actually got another 10K km before due but better change earlier rather waste my time to do timing belt changing next 3 month.

Below is the link of my overhaul job progress, today i just dissamble the engine.. got a lot of thing disturb me today so i start my DIY at evening.

Overhaul My Xantia - Day 1

xantiaBFY

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:31 AM

xantiaBFY

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 967 posts
I think your car will be in very good hands.... smile_thumbup.gif .....keep us posted..

nuggyn

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

nuggyn

Bullit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,799 posts
QUOTE (human @ Jul 12 2011, 02:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

Just wanna to sharing what i have done today with my car. Today i bought top overhaul kit from spare part shop. I also bought timing belt and water pump. Actually got another 10K km before due but better change earlier rather waste my time to do timing belt changing next 3 month.

Below is the link of my overhaul job progress, today i just dissamble the engine.. got a lot of thing disturb me today so i start my DIY at evening.

Overhaul My Xantia - Day 1

Mind sharing how much you paid for the timing belt kit ? Where you bought it? Brand?
And the water pump as well.

Mine is about to due soon.

v12tubo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

v12tubo

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
wow!!! tabik sama u la. Can save a lot of $$$ DIY and most important is that u can see for yourself your car problem.