Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Proton Persona Or Toyota Vios/honda City 2009

• Please log in to reply

imbaalex

Posted 27 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
there is news say that savvy have been stop production..because too unsafe for users..and proton say that they produce 700 car a day..n no time to check the car..and they didnt check the car before sale...too disappointed with this..i might change my mind..

http://www.facebook....1...4689&type=1

"Please do not blame Proton, Proton, one day produce 700 cars, production of a new car every 98 seconds, we have no time to check the Proton parts.Proton itself admitted auto parts production is not checked."

From: Proton group managing director Datuk Seri Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir

moors

Posted 27 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (imbaalex @ Jun 27 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is news say that savvy have been stop production..because too unsafe for users..and proton say that they produce 700 car a day..n no time to check the car..and they didnt check the car before sale...too disappointed with this..i might change my mind..

http://www.facebook....1...4689&type=1

"Please do not blame Proton, Proton, one day produce 700 cars, production of a new car every 98 seconds, we have no time to check the Proton parts.Proton itself admitted auto parts production is not checked."

From: Proton group managing director Datuk Seri Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir

I think what he is trying to say is that foreign imported parts can be of INFERIOR quality since those big names can sell cars based on past reputations. He is blaming on RENAULT (saying that Proton regrets with the collaboration with renault and he said Proton paid painful experience with the collaboration probably refering to the recall. The defect on the part was found during random checks by Proton and probably not identified by RENAULT (whom we think knows better than our local engineers).

imbaalex

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
proton is going to replace persona..not sure when is it going to replace..most probably next year..it is already in process..

moors

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:02 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (imbaalex @ Jun 28 2011, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
proton is going to replace persona..not sure when is it going to replace..most probably next year..it is already in process..

I hope Proton would change its image in producing safer car.. "affordable" cars is very subjective. Cheap does not always translate to good in peoples' minds.. normally cheap is translated as a "rip off".

As quoted by Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear : What is the difference between Proton and another car company?

Proton is a company created entirely to make money, where all the engineers and workers keep developing new ways to cut cost and safety features off their cars in order to keep the production cost down and ask poor Malaysians to pay more.

mosh

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:59 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Jun 28 2011, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope Proton would change its image in producing safer car.. "affordable" cars is very subjective. Cheap does not always translate to good in peoples' minds.. normally cheap is translated as a "rip off".

As quoted by Jeremy Clarkson in Top Gear : What is the difference between Proton and another car company?

Proton is a company created entirely to make money, where all the engineers and workers keep developing new ways to cut cost and safety features off their cars in order to keep the production cost down and ask poor Malaysians to pay more.

which episode eh ? i wanna see....

moors

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:32 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (mosh @ Jun 28 2011, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
which episode eh ? i wanna see....

Old episode.. shouldn't be concerned what he says.. he already made up his mind in other episode "cheap cars miserable, and expensive cars cheerful to drive".

slushmatic

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:51 AM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (moors @ Jun 28 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Old episode.. shouldn't be concerned what he says.. he already made up his mind in other episode "cheap cars miserable, and expensive cars cheerful to drive".

Very True. Much as I like Top Gear as an entertainment programme, Clarkson and the other 2 are mostly playing defined character parts in the show and they only rarely come-out with a genuine pearl of wisdom in regards to their verdicts on a particular car. His perceived image of a car is almost everything to Clarkson, regardless of it's merits or faults.

Just for the record, the slightly more serious Top Gear magazine gives quite a good and positive review of the GEN-2/Persona - only really slating the budget image of Proton, but not the car itself.

Even if Proton's engineers are partly employed to make the cars quicker/cheaper to build - they're in good company, as nearly all car makers do this as a matter of course.
Most obvious example recently is of the current Mk6 VW Golf - it's launch was brought forward by over a year by VAG because it's simpler/cheaper to build than the Mk5 was...
'Do average things - get average results'

avionics

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:29 AM

avionics

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 376 posts
My Persona Elegance 2010 ,not even 1 year , have changed:
1.Air con middle vent
2.Coil
3.regulator power window
4.rubber hose
5.boot lock rosak
6.hon replace new
7.water leaking into the car
8.16k km change spark plug
9.Carriage problem
10.Radio steering button kookoo
11.Engine tuning due to car hard to start
12.Now bearing problem
13.More to come
Best car award?..I dun think so.
I know its not BMW,but its not FREE either. What makes u think u wont have this problem?
Hai m so naive.

imbaalex

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
QUOTE (avionics @ Jul 1 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Air con middle vent
2.Coil
3.regulator power window
4.rubber hose
5.boot lock rosak
6.hon replace new
9.Carriage problem
12.Now bearing problem
13.More to come
I know its not BMW,but its not FREE either. What makes u think u wont have this problem?

thanks avionics for sharing..1 malaysia's car 1 month 1 problem..

moors

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

moors

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
QUOTE (avionics @ Jul 1 2011, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1.Air con middle vent
2.Coil
3.regulator power window
4.rubber hose
5.boot lock rosak
6.hon replace new
9.Carriage problem
12.Now bearing problem
13.More to come

As Persona 2008/9 is better built.. maybe those in Persona assembly lines may have resigned or move on. Best car if everything works accordingly. smile_tongue.gif