Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Proton Persona Or Toyota Vios/honda City 2009

• Please log in to reply

imbaalex

Posted 17 June 2011 - 02:50 AM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
I am consider buying a car.It may be between new proton persona or used toyota vios 2009.
toyota mileage is around 16k.price rm68k.
i saw new honda city too.mileage around 25k.price rm75k.2009 too.but i heard my friend told me that honda city 2009/10 have some engine problem.
So im hope all the sifu-sifu here give some opinion for newbie lke me.new persona or 2nd hand vios/city.
vios and city are still under warranty.
Any opinion will be appreciate.

thank you.

slushmatic

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:53 AM

slushmatic

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts
QUOTE (imbaalex @ Jun 17 2011, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am consider buying a car.It may be between new proton persona or used toyota vios 2009.
toyota mileage is around 16k.price rm68k.
i saw new honda city too.mileage around 25k.price rm75k.2009 too.but i heard my friend told me that honda city 2009/10 have some engine problem.
So im hope all the sifu-sifu here give some opinion for newbie lke me.new persona or 2nd hand vios/city.
vios and city are still under warranty.
Any opinion will be appreciate.

thank you.

I'm happy with my Persona - but for your dilema on what to buy, my solution would be quick and simple.

All 3 cars are sound enough choices, so I suggest this....

Just imagine all 3 cars sitting in a showroom together, their keys on a nearby table.
Salesperson says you can take any one of them.
The one you most want to try is the one you should choose to buy.... wink.gif

'Do average things - get average results'

imbaalex

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:22 AM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
QUOTE (slushmatic @ Jun 17 2011, 03:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm happy with my Persona - but for your dilema on what to buy, my solution would be quick and simple.

All 3 cars are sound enough choices, so I suggest this....

Just imagine all 3 cars sitting in a showroom together, their keys on a nearby table.
Salesperson says you can take any one of them.
The one you most want to try is the one you should choose to buy.... wink.gif

hmmmm...may b vios.. rolleyes.gif

mosh

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:00 AM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
do compare each car spec and what they give and compare them against the budget you will to fork out..

if you talk about resale value or selling your car in a very near future like 2-3 years. not sure national car is for you. but for long term, something you can think...

i think if you are paying full 68K cash, you choose proton as you can get extra few k back as the H-line persona is just 59.4K and with discount you can get more saving. if you doing loans.. which ever suit your monthly payment lah..

its up to your choice, new car or 2nd hand car.. you might heard lot of people claim about proton problem..but can you guarantee yourself you can get a 2nd hand car that have no problem what so ever ? or worst, hidden problem ? do you feel yourself very lucky in buying cars ? smile_approve.gif

imbaalex

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
ok now..between new saga 1.6 and persona..both have same engine..and i no need very spacious car like persona..so i just go with saga 1.6 since it is cheaper?? blink.gif
saga 1.6 more worth for money right?
i still have 1 month to make up my mind..i might appreciate any of yours advice/opinion..
now im leaning toward saga 1.6 since i can use extra money for other purpose..
Any saga fl 1.6 owner here???

Dewi

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

Dewi

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
IMHO, it's quite hard to choose between NEW Proton Persona vs. USED TOYOTA Vios & HONDA City. I mean, a NEW Proton Car (Has New Car Warranty) vs. USED Cars, still with Warranty.

Although all of them are warrantied / still under warranty, it does involve some RISKS.

Btw, I'm always suspicious and wonder why quite a number of such a relatively new @claimed to be good cars (only +/- 3 years of usage, low mileage, & still under manufacturer's warranty) are being sold off by their hirers ?.

- Accident / Re-possed vehicles ?, <--- This is not a good sign; they may have been trashed b'4 being re-possed by financer.
- Hirers' upgrading to new vehicles ?, <--- This is quite a bargain, but check-out the car thoroughly for any hidden problems.
- Engine & electrical gremlims ?. <--- Check with SC on previous servicing records.

mosh

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:48 PM

mosh

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,557 posts
QUOTE (imbaalex @ Jun 17 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok now..between new saga 1.6 and persona..both have same engine..and i no need very spacious car like persona..so i just go with saga 1.6 since it is cheaper?? blink.gif
i still have 1 month to make up my mind..i might appreciate any of yours advice/opinion..

white fl blm 1.6 is currently new.. but i been once inside a blm 1.6 manual taxi and ask the driver hows the driving was - he says that the car is really powerful in term of fast acceleration & top speed from his prev waja campro taxi.

KL3223

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
Can check out cars like Peugeot 207 and Kia Forte EX

ntc2000

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:30 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (imbaalex @ Jun 17 2011, 09:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if saga 1.6 vs persona 1.6

go for persona 1.6 in term of better NVH, good looking... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

imbaalex

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

imbaalex

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ Jun 17 2011, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can check out cars like Peugeot 207 and Kia Forte EX

thanks for the suggestion..but peugeot will have high maintenance fee and fc i guess..correct me if im wrong..kia forte ex will have bigger size than vios/city?