Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ncd Transfer To New Car?

• Please log in to reply

jflcorp

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ May 9 2012, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do not depend too much on SA. Most of them boh-chup on extra work and just want to settle deal, get commission/profit only. Before deal, everyday call you. After deal, you call him everyday also can't get. smile_blackeye.gif

That is why I prefer to deal myself. Do you know if you pay the annual insurance premium yourself over the insurance counter, you can get additional 10% off ?

FYI, I'm getting 55% + 10% NCD. For a 4k premium, I save another rm400 smile_approve.gif
Why would I want the SA/agent to do it for me ? But of course, I have to settle the transfer/NCD stuff, which is not that difficult.

wow i didn't know that. Does all insurance companies offer that? I think it is a savings for the insurance companies rather than paying a say 15% commission to the agent. I wonder whether P&O has that discount?

vr2turbo

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ May 9 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i didn't know that. Does all insurance companies offer that? I think it is a savings for the insurance companies rather than paying a say 15% commission to the agent. I wonder whether P&O has that discount?

Yes, I think all Insurance company does that now. As long as you deal direct with them, you get the extra 10% discount. Probably is a win/win situation as they still have to pay the agent if you deal with him instead.

cute_boboi

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:31 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ May 9 2012, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, all local insurance companies, as it is a directive from BNM.

General insurance commission for car is 10% only for agents. Instead of paying to agent, the insurer pass it to consumer.

Unless the 3rd party agent/company can provide extra post-sales service to me, I don't see a reason to pass my business to them.

But the rule is:
(1) must do at the insurer counter only in HQ/branches. Cannot be post-office or 3rd party.
(2) owner must be present. Cannot be runner, 3rd party, wife/husband/mistress/son/daughter.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ May 9 2012, 04:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, all local insurance companies, as it is a directive from BNM.

General insurance commission for car is 10% only for agents. Instead of paying to agent, the insurer pass it to consumer.

Unless the 3rd party agent/company can provide extra post-sales service to me, I don't see a reason to pass my business to them.

But the rule is:
(1) must do at the insurer counter only in HQ/branches. Cannot be post-office or 3rd party.
(2) owner must be present. Cannot be runner, 3rd party, wife/husband/mistress/son/daughter.

Mine can. I just call up Insurance company to renew. Pay by credit card. Once in the system they call back to inform can go ahead with Road tax renewal. Go to Post Office to renew. Insurance policy they courier to me.... smile_thumbup.gif

MASsenger

Posted 25 May 2012 - 05:34 PM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
Once an NCD claim is made. Is this information made available to all Inc Co.

The REALdeal

cute_boboi

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:09 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (MASsenger @ May 25 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Once an NCD claim is made. Is this information made available to all Inc Co.

It's not shared among different Insurance company. When you want to renew, the existing insurer can check their system if any claim has been made, and let you know NCD %, if any.

If you want to switch insurance company, you need to get a NCD-transfer letter from current insurer, and pass to the new insurer.

Therefore, once a claim has been made and NCD gone, there is no way you can evade around it. Start from zero again.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 28 May 2012 - 01:08 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ May 28 2012, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's not shared among different Insurance company. When you want to renew, the existing insurer can check their system if any claim has been made, and let you know NCD %, if any.

If you want to switch insurance company, you need to get a NCD-transfer letter from current insurer, and pass to the new insurer.

Therefore, once a claim has been made and NCD gone, there is no way you can evade around it. Start from zero again.

Yup, if want to change insurer, current one will check with previous one, cannot escape....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

junbecks

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
hey guys, need some brief help
not that i'm bad with calculation, but just confused at the concept. My situation:

Current Car A 1600cc
Value 28000 - NCD 38.33%
Windscreen value 400
Coverage Jan 2012-Dec 2012
Paid - 658

Want to buy Car B 2nd hand 2000cc
Value 20000

What would be the most convenient way to get insurance for Car B.

a) buy new insurance for B?
B ) transfer A to B. Then buy insurance for A?
Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]

cute_boboi

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (junbecks @ Sep 19 2012, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey guys, need some brief help
not that i'm bad with calculation, but just confused at the concept. My situation:

Current Car A 1600cc
Value 28000 - NCD 38.33%
Windscreen value 400
Coverage Jan 2012-Dec 2012
Paid - 658

Want to buy Car B 2nd hand 2000cc
Value 20000

What would be the most convenient way to get insurance for Car B.

a) buy new insurance for B?
B ) transfer A to B. Then buy insurance for A?

Since Car B market value is lower than Car A, just buy new insurance for Car B.
Keep Car A NCD as it is. No changes.

junbecks

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Sep 19 2012, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Car B market value is lower than Car A, just buy new insurance for Car B.
Keep Car A NCD as it is. No changes.

thanks! appreciate it.

Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]