Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ncd Transfer To New Car?

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Sep 19 2012, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Since Car B market value is lower than Car A, just buy new insurance for Car B.
Keep Car A NCD as it is. No changes.

Exactly, the higher value means higher premium therefore NCD can claim more...... smile_thumbup.gif

wltw87

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

wltw87

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hello sifu's,

I have a car under my dad's name which is 10 years old, maybe insured 5k+ only. I want to transfer the insurance to my name so that in the future when i buy a car i can transfer out the NCD to my new car.

Is this feasible? And also, what is the process if I want to do this?

Thanks alot guys!

vr2turbo

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (wltw87 @ Jan 20 2013, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello sifu's,

I have a car under my dad's name which is 10 years old, maybe insured 5k+ only. I want to transfer the insurance to my name so that in the future when i buy a car i can transfer out the NCD to my new car.

Thanks alot guys!

NCD cannot be transferred.
The thing you can do is to transfer the car ownership to you and you buy the insurance starting new, so in future you have your NCD. Since the car is of low value your premium is low until you get your newer car in future....

cute_boboi

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:30 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (wltw87 @ Jan 20 2013, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello sifu's,

Thanks alot guys!

vr2turbo is correct. NCD follows driver, not follow car.

Just ask your dad to transfer the car to your name (i.e. sell to you). He needs to get another car to retain the NCD @55%, otherwise it will drop one level every year.
Then, you need to slowly build up your NCD from 0% -> 55% in 5 years time.

Just goto JPJ to do transfer, may need puspakom inspection though.
No finance involve, since you settle between father<->son

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

momobear

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

momobear

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
hi all,
i'm going t buy a new car, and let my wife drive my current one (still under loan, 55% NCD), and selling off her old car (under her name with 55% NCD).

we're planning transfer my wife's 55% NCD to the new car (means new car to be registered under her name), and get loan under my name, is this okay? was wondering the relation between NCD and loan....

while my current car will be still under my name, NCD and my loan....

vr2turbo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (momobear @ Feb 24 2013, 11:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all,
i'm going t buy a new car, and let my wife drive my current one (still under loan, 55% NCD), and selling off her old car (under her name with 55% NCD).

we're planning transfer my wife's 55% NCD to the new car (means new car to be registered under her name), and get loan under my name, is this okay? was wondering the relation between NCD and loan....

while my current car will be still under my name, NCD and my loan....

If using her name because of the NCD, then ownership will be in her name.
Loan I think should be under her name also, or maybe you can arrange something with the bank. This is because if loan at fault they claim the car, so if name and loan is different there might be legal issues.....

gsandpeak

Posted 18 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

gsandpeak

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Jan 25 2013, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
vr2turbo is correct. NCD follows driver, not follow car.

Just ask your dad to transfer the car to your name (i.e. sell to you). He needs to get another car to retain the NCD @55%, otherwise it will drop one level every year.
Then, you need to slowly build up your NCD from 0% -> 55% in 5 years time.

Just goto JPJ to do transfer, may need puspakom inspection though.
No finance involve, since you settle between father<->son

What do you mean by NCD will drop one level every year? Does it mean your NCD still alive even after you sell your car and cancel the insurance policy? Let say after a year, can you still apply the old NCD to a new car?

I'm selling my current car to get a new car and I will take the 55%NCD with me. But the problem is my next car will only come after next year because I'm saving money to get it from now. Also I'm selling my current car right now while it has a good value. Can I really hold my NCD like that?

cute_boboi

Posted 18 July 2013 - 01:34 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (gsandpeak @ Jul 18 2013, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean by NCD will drop one level every year? Does it mean your NCD still alive even after you sell your car and cancel the insurance policy? Let say after a year, can you still apply the old NCD to a new car?

I'm selling my current car to get a new car and I will take the 55%NCD with me. But the problem is my next car will only come after next year because I'm saving money to get it from now. Also I'm selling my current car right now while it has a good value. Can I really hold my NCD like that?

Yes. Once you sell your car, goto insurance, inform them you want to cancel your policy. Fill up form.
At the same time, ask them for the NCD transfer-letter.

Few weeks later, you should get your refund on unused premium coverage.
At the same time (or earlier), you should receive your NCD transfer-letter also.

If you buy new car within <12 months after that, you will still get NCD 55%, you need to submit that NCD transfer-letter for the new policy.
If you buy within 12-24 months, with the same letter, you will get 45%
24-36 months, 38.33%
... and so on until it goes to zero.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,469 posts
QUOTE (cute_boboi @ Jul 18 2013, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. Once you sell your car, goto insurance, inform them you want to cancel your policy. Fill up form.
At the same time, ask them for the NCD transfer-letter.

Few weeks later, you should get your refund on unused premium coverage.
At the same time (or earlier), you should receive your NCD transfer-letter also.

If you buy new car within <12 months after that, you will still get NCD 55%, you need to submit that NCD transfer-letter for the new policy.
If you buy within 12-24 months, with the same letter, you will get 45%
24-36 months, 38.33%
... and so on until it goes to zero.

Bro. cute_boboi, Do they still issue the NCD letter, or only for cancellation?Two years back, when I bought new car for my wife, I left everything to the sales adviser so no need run around. The next year I bought the insurance from my existing insurer and they just contact the former insurer on my behalf and got the NCD transferred over, or was they just doing the thing on my behalf?

cute_boboi

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jul 19 2013, 07:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. cute_boboi, Do they still issue the NCD letter, or only for cancellation?Two years back, when I bought new car for my wife, I left everything to the sales adviser so no need run around. The next year I bought the insurance from my existing insurer and they just contact the former insurer on my behalf and got the NCD transferred over, or was they just doing the thing on my behalf?

Your agent help you to transfer the NCD over. Got some paper work / computer entries / tel call involved one.
Not magic show, left hand come right hand or blackout-technique smile_tongue.gif
That is the purpose of the agent, to do the run around for you, and get their commission.