Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply

wheeLSpin

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:07 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
actually if compared to my another honda city, fuel consumption for sonata is quite bad.
but 1.5 vs 2.0 not fair la. smile_tongue.gif

my full tank for sonata can go 620km +- for mix highway, jam, city. I fill petrol around 60 litre when the warning light is "on"

for city... damn good. full tank each fill is 36 litre. And can go till 530km. smile_thumbup.gif

ccc628

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:11 AM

ccc628

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 24 2011, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi adrwoon,

Can't deny that V6 engine is always more quiet than inline-4 engine due to the arrangement of cylinders. FC and pulling power (torque) wise, inline4 is better for below 2.5L engine. I am facing dirt and debris issue in my Forte's black interior, just too visible when contra with black. I just ignore it. Getting 7.8km/L for 2.4L in city driving FC is better than current Camry 2.4V at 7km/L.

My Nf 2.4 gave me 12ltr/100km or 8.3km/Ltr even I drove crazily in town 100%. I tried 100% highway and it could be as low as 7ltr/100km or 14.3km/Ltr @ 120kmh cruising; during mixed driving, normally the readings fall somewhere in between 9 - 10 ltr/100km depends on my 'right foot'. smile_tongue.gif

Who says Korean cars are 'drunken master'? 059.gif

By the way, my oil filter costs around RM18~ I don't know about other brands' segment D servicing charges but I think RM18 is really a good deal since I serviced at Hyunmal and not any 'tepi jalan' shops.

scann69

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:57 AM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Hi guys.....i'm probably posting in the wrong thread but i'm about to put a down payment for a Sonata 2.0FS today and was wondering if anyone here came from driving a Nissan Sylphy or Toyota Camry? Reason i ask is if there are any sort of regrets in terms of build quality, stability & control, fuel consumption, service cost.....

I was confident i was going to get the Teana since i'm currently driving the Sylphy.....until i test drive the Sonata. IMO, it feels great but since it's only a test drive, still kinda hard to tell for sure so i'm hoping i can get some honest feedback on the Sonata. Just a simple short impression/feeling you've gotten for the time with your Sonata smile.gif

Thanks and have a great weekend

ricprom

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (scann69 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys.....i'm probably posting in the wrong thread but i'm about to put a down payment for a Sonata 2.0FS today and was wondering if anyone here came from driving a Nissan Sylphy or Toyota Camry? Reason i ask is if there are any sort of regrets in terms of build quality, stability & control, fuel consumption, service cost.....

I was confident i was going to get the Teana since i'm currently driving the Sylphy.....until i test drive the Sonata. IMO, it feels great but since it's only a test drive, still kinda hard to tell for sure so i'm hoping i can get some honest feedback on the Sonata. Just a simple short impression/feeling you've gotten for the time with your Sonata smile.gif

Try to get a more elaborate test drive. Last week, a soon to be owner came visit me in puchong and we met up for a test drive in my car for him to get a good feel over a longer stretch. I think he is going to book the car now just that his concern of 2.0 or 2.4. Mine is a 2.0. FYI, Teana will be a quiter drive due to the engine, a V6 and the seat comfort might be better as it is more family orientated; but the exterior look a bit more mature and sedate. In terms of handling and fuel consumption, Sonata YF beats it and the feature such as roof, 17" rims etc.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

trijuta

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (scann69 @ Feb 25 2011, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u can read 'sonata YF-problem' thread. and sure u had read about teana at nissan forum..then u get the pro & con 1st b4 test drive..this will help u to have a early warning/awareness during test drive that funny thing mention there.. now ur upgrade from C to D seg. follow yr budget and compare apple to apple..u can find out tht how many stuff can u get while u plan to spend around say rm150k..and which one is cost cutting..u also will find out that this hot babe YF really a chick magnet... 059.gif
now camry also add on some features like navi..can check it out..but only thing is design is dated..

jayraptor

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:34 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ccc628 @ Feb 25 2011, 02:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Nf 2.4 gave me 12ltr/100km or 8.3km/Ltr even I drove crazily in town 100%. I tried 100% highway and it could be as low as 7ltr/100km or 14.3km/Ltr @ 120kmh cruising; during mixed driving, normally the readings fall somewhere in between 9 - 10 ltr/100km depends on my 'right foot'. smile_tongue.gif

Who says Korean cars are 'drunken master'? 059.gif

By the way, my oil filter costs around RM18~ I don't know about other brands' segment D servicing charges but I think RM18 is really a good deal since I serviced at Hyunmal and not any 'tepi jalan' shops.

Hi ccc,

The NF's FC is already confirmed good for 2.0 and 2.4. The new YF, need more owners to post for us to view.

Hi scann69,

Get as much test drive as possible, bring few more friends to take turn to try out different thing. If possible, check for any friend who owned them. Make sure they are not working for any car company or related to prevent inaccurate and biased information.

From my tested and proven evaluation and from owners that are my colleagues and friends, just remove the Sylphy from your shortlist. Teana vs Sonata YF, I gave higher score to YF for overall score though Teana scores better in interior width, interior height and soft panels, it is inferior on other aspects.

Anyway, do bring group of friends to get more of the test drive, ask salesman to allow take turns. You'll need 3 batches of 4 men to get test drive until you'll feel boring and tried everything. That time is when you can feel and tell which is better. You get to cramp all available space, load with max cargo, bring friends who are very heavy in 1 of 3 batches to overload the car. Good car with good pulling power will not deteriorate much in performance when overloaded. Try with low end, mid end and high end power, don't just try to floor the car all time, won't prove anything.

scann69

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:44 PM

scann69

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Thanks for the reply guys. I just came from from a test drive with my wife. First off....the interior does feel plastic as compared to the Teana. Also the colour of the interior....feels kinda boring cos it's all black. That is just my opinion. As for responsiveness, Almost the same but in terms of features, the Teana is very lacking. Pretty much decided on the Sonata as of now. Will be going for another test drive tomorrow morning at another showroom as the one that served me today does not seem very knowledgeable.

Anybody got the Red colour Sonata smile_tongue.gif

Again thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

P/s: I did not hear any tick sound when i press the breaks as mentioned in another thread. FYI

trijuta

Posted 25 February 2011 - 11:31 PM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (scann69 @ Feb 25 2011, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply guys. I just came from from a test drive with my wife. First off....the interior does feel plastic as compared to the Teana. Also the colour of the interior....feels kinda boring cos it's all black. That is just my opinion. As for responsiveness, Almost the same but in terms of features, the Teana is very lacking. Pretty much decided on the Sonata as of now. Will be going for another test drive tomorrow morning at another showroom as the one that served me today does not seem very knowledgeable.

Anybody got the Red colour Sonata smile_tongue.gif

Again thanks for the feedback guys. Much appreciated.

P/s: I did not hear any tick sound when i press the breaks as mentioned in another thread. FYI

walaney..!so fast got ppl let go his brand new teana post on AW ads (Nissan forum)..i can't believe..bro scann69, maybe u can check it out..
it is good that u not hear the tick sound which mean only few ppl cars has it including mine..will get it fix soon.
so far my FC able to mantain below 10l/100km mix drive..2.0 biggrin.gif

adisonata

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
Mileage: 1800km, fuel: Ron95, engine oil : Shell HX7, F & R Wheel : 35 & 34 psi.
Time: 2245, Weather: Clear, Traffic: Middle Busy.
Distance: Penang Island E-gate Tesco thru Penang Bridge to Juru AutoCity.
Reset Average Mileage Meter.
Result: 6.6~7.4L/100km, Speed: 65~110km/h, RPM: 1500~2500.
This is first time I manage to make Sonata YF hit the 6.6L/100km at the end point. Wow! Sonata YF Excellent FC!

I found out when it move on 80km/h @ 1800rpm it bring FC down a lot.
Bro & Sis please try & see can we get better FC.

adisonata

Posted 28 February 2011 - 06:20 PM

adisonata

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
More better with cruise control ON, 6.0L/100KM with 80km/h @ 1700rpm
cid:83BFB13E-A417-4925-B6E9-6DD199BDBBAD/photo.JPG