Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf Fuel Consumption

• Please log in to reply

feelfree

Posted 01 March 2011 - 08:02 PM

feelfree

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Jan 27 2011, 12:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KL3223 city driving
10.77L/100km = 9.3km/L

odin cruising at 110km/h
7.7L/100km = 13km/L
city driving if at 14.3L/100km = 7km/L

imirad
9L/100km = 11.1km/L

Seems good to me, quite similar to old Sonata NF. Getting 13km/L at 110km/h is considered very good. Camry 2.0E would have drained its tank if cruising at that speed. Not even C-segment Sylphy 2.0 can do better than that. If Odin gets 7km/L for city driving, need to check with him whether he is very heavy footed. Other owners please post more. I don't really have the chance to try out each and every car to get reading as most of my friends and colleagues already settled down with own ride for long term. I predict the YF city traffic FC if driven normal would get around 9-10km/L range, either similar or just the tiny bit better than the NF 2.0L.

Slyphy cruising at 110km/l can get 17-18km/l lar, too big the gap, how could you simply mislead people. smile_disapprove.gif

kksonata

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:47 PM

kksonata

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
hi there,
i would normally get around 10.2 to 10.4L/100km when driving mostly to anf fro work.a mixture of highway and sub urban driving @ 80 - 100mph. so far can get around 40 - 50km per bar on the fuel scale.cheers!
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking - JC Watts

jayraptor

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:39 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (feelfree @ Mar 1 2011, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Slyphy cruising at 110km/l can get 17-18km/l lar, too big the gap, how could you simply mislead people. smile_disapprove.gif

Sylphy can't get 17-18km/L even on highway unless you crawl, only 12km/L on normal smooth highway, 14km/L on no traffic highway that you can let the car roll. You really are marketing staffs. Still taking the results from that fake lightfoot contest with one special tank for the fuel pump nozzle to get reading? Check the contestants that won the lightfoot, they are related to someone in your organisation. Sylphy's light weight of just 1245kg could only get 8.9/9km/L in city traffic is considered average when compared with other bigger and heavier C-segments. Stick to reality.

If you dare, why not pit the Teana with Sonata in real light foot contest, with just 2L of fuel in the tank, drive till empty. See who win. You won't because you might accidentally promote the brand that you are supposed to bring down. Sonata owners, don't be tricked by this marketing staff's false claims. Challenge his product into real fair knock out competition. Since the Teana 2.5L V6 is your favourite, pit that against smaller engine 2.4L Sonata YF. It could outperform the Teana in almost everything technically and practically. Apply for permission from your superior to get test unit.

To make things fair, both the Sonata & Teana must drain their fuel tank to empty then try to start the car to prevent cheating. Next, get a 2 litre bottle to pour fuel into both cars. Then drive to empty at constant 90km/h for highway FC and for city FC follow a road hogging Kancil. The one that runs out of fuel first lose.

feelfree

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:06 PM

feelfree

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 7 2011, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sylphy can't get 17-18km/L even on highway unless you crawl, only 12km/L on normal smooth highway, 14km/L on no traffic highway that you can let the car roll. You really are marketing staffs. Still taking the results from that fake lightfoot contest with one special tank for the fuel pump nozzle to get reading? Check the contestants that won the lightfoot, they are related to someone in your organisation. Sylphy's light weight of just 1245kg could only get 8.9/9km/L in city traffic is considered average when compared with other bigger and heavier C-segments. Stick to reality.

If you dare, why not pit the Teana with Sonata in real light foot contest, with just 2L of fuel in the tank, drive till empty. See who win. You won't because you might accidentally promote the brand that you are supposed to bring down. Sonata owners, don't be tricked by this marketing staff's false claims. Challenge his product into real fair knock out competition. Since the Teana 2.5L V6 is your favourite, pit that against smaller engine 2.4L Sonata YF. It could outperform the Teana in almost everything technically and practically. Apply for permission from your superior to get test unit.

To make things fair, both the Sonata & Teana must drain their fuel tank to empty then try to start the car to prevent cheating. Next, get a 2 litre bottle to pour fuel into both cars. Then drive to empty at constant 90km/h for highway FC and for city FC follow a road hogging Kancil. The one that runs out of fuel first lose.

Don't bullshit lar, have you tested the Sylphy or not? Always like to simply tembak and bullshit!!!! Around the world people driving the Sylphy already tested and approved it, only you, driving a 4te but seem like a pro. I know you admire and jealous Sylphy a lot, but bcause already get the 4te and stucked by the bank loan, so do all those opposite reaction. Don't bring shame to yourself. You just a mere 4te owner. smile_disapprove.gif

ricprom

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
Hey guys hold your horses........ there are a few things u need to consider about the fuel consumption:

1. most of you get the reading via the car computer average which is not too accurate and differs from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some manufacturer will have the readings thats is more positive while some more true in their reading.

2. Some cars reading don't take into account the stationary time of the car with engine running thus affecting the reading by alot. As for Sonata, it take distance and time to average out the fuel consumption which is quite accurate in the reading as I post below on my car reading.

3. Tyre size, type and air pressure as roll resistances can affect the car consumption.

4. The load in the car, air-cond on or off and the constant speed the reading is taken.

5. I notice Sonata Yf reading is about 0.5 litre in discreprancy for a full tank as I have clocked 16,000km and keep track of the fuel reading via car computer and manual calculations on (fuel in/ mileage clocked) and average it out. Not forgeting that even in stationary with engine running, it affects the reading in Sonata YF. I think it also take into account the time the car is running in calculations of the avearge fule consumption which is more realistic in the reading.

6. I have managed to clocked 6.8l/100km in my Sonata YF which translate to about 14.7km/l in highway mode and to date my average which includes heavy town use, stationary, highway to about 9.5l/100km (10.5km/l). For D segment it is good.

Maybe by doing the control test you can gauge which car is better in the fuel consumption. Every car has its quality....... just enjoy the ride.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

hongkie123

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:46 PM

hongkie123

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
Here's what I heard from my friend who worked in senior mgnt level in N brand coy. The official FC of N car is based on certain driving conditions e.g. no air cond, windows wind up (not full), special tyres, very slow and light footed, no traffic jam, no extra load and many other professional safe fuel drive conditions. He explained this to me when I told him the FC of certain cars (not only N) is ridiculously low that it is impossible to achieve. I have often heard friends bragging about their T's good FC. One fine day I asked a good friend for honest opinion of his brand new 2.0 white T Cam.y, and he admitted it was not as good what so many people's been bragging about.

I do not think N is the only culprit. All car manufacturers are guilty. It's just a matter of how much they misrepresent their car's FC.

MOUSEY

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

MOUSEY

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 355 posts
Sorry guys for chipping in late but have we put into the consideration of the fuel we are using when calculating the FC ?

Ever since I got my car a month ago, I was always on Petronas RON95 as recommended by ricprom. Tried 2 full tanks and today as I was searching for another Petronas station but my "leftover kilometer" went into dashes... So I ended up fueling Shell RON95 instead.

I noticed that Shell gave lesser "knocking" and a smoother pickup after idle compared to Petronas (Maybe placebo ?). That factor however would contribute to the FC as we are consistently stuck in a jam situation. My last reading are as follows:-

Petrol: RON95 Petronas
Odometer: 1900
Refuel: 60 liters
Trip: 575km
=============================
Manual Average: 10.43 liters / 100km
Trip meter average: 10.0liters / 100km
Some drivers drive crazily or drives you crazy

garysak1

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:10 AM

garysak1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (MOUSEY @ Mar 22 2011, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry guys for chipping in late but have we put into the consideration of the fuel we are using when calculating the FC ?

Ever since I got my car a month ago, I was always on Petronas RON95 as recommended by ricprom. Tried 2 full tanks and today as I was searching for another Petronas station but my "leftover kilometer" went into dashes... So I ended up fueling Shell RON95 instead.

I noticed that Shell gave lesser "knocking" and a smoother pickup after idle compared to Petronas (Maybe placebo ?). That factor however would contribute to the FC as we are consistently stuck in a jam situation. My last reading are as follows:-

Petrol: RON95 Petronas
Odometer: 1900
Refuel: 60 liters
Trip: 575km
Manual Average: 10.43 liters / 100km
Trip meter average: 10.0liters / 100km

arrgghhh..great...
i am still using Shell RON97 till now..clocking ODO 6700km...
do you feel any different when using these RON97 and 95?

I was thinking to use RON97 at first, when the engine already run in then only change to RON95...smile.gif

I have already clocked ODO 6600 now...still using Shell RON97 until I run in the engine only I will change to RON95..smile.gif

btw, my reading in the computer is around 8.5-9L/100KM now for 30%highway + 70%city

Once i went to JB last few days. I have done a fantastic FC on my babe..
overall I pump RM150 for Ron97 (full tank) and reset the computer meter start from 0.
From PJ - Melaka (travel around) - JB (travel around) - Melaka (stay a while) - PJ
total KM was 840km spent and refill when nearly reach PJ area. smile.gif
I tried to drive on an average speed of 90-100km/hr in the Plus Highway for the FC testing.

is it consider good?

trijuta

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:07 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
Ron 97 fuel up by 20 sen
http://thestar.com.m...=...&sec=nation
I think it is time for me to change from RON97(new rm2.70) to RON95(rm1.90).. smile_disapprove.gif
different by RM0.80 per liter actually to me quit a lot!!! say fill up 65L already cost extra rm52 every full tank fuel loaded.. smile_disapprove.gif

coolguyz98

Posted 02 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

coolguyz98

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Apr 2 2011, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ron 97 fuel up by 20 sen
http://thestar.com.m...=...&sec=nation
I think it is time for me to change from RON97(new rm2.70) to RON95(rm1.90).. smile_disapprove.gif
different by RM0.80 per liter actually to me quit a lot!!! say fill up 65L already cost extra rm52 every full tank fuel loaded.. smile_disapprove.gif

I do understand why some cars tuned for Ron 95 would want to pump RON 97 fuel for that extra umph or premium. But our Sonatas are tuned for Ron 91 so fueling it with RON 95 fuel is already a premium by itself! I remember reading somewhere in the forum that RON 97 does give a bit of improvement over RON 95 in our Sonatas but I don't think its that great.

Also if the Sonata can withstand the "knock" that comes with using RON 91 fuel then it should benefit greatly for using RON 95 which gives significantly lesser "knock".

Just wanted to share my two cents....

Cheers.