Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf - Problem

• Please log in to reply

ricprom

Posted 16 January 2011 - 09:08 AM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (shah1661 @ Jan 14 2011, 11:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, they have this lamp adjuster machine? Does yours perfectly balance?

most big service centre should have this machine and I think Glenmarie should have as well. Mine is running ok so i did not get it fix. from past experience, alignment with the head lamp adjustment machine will give u the best result without causing glare to other motorist. I will check it out when i am in Glenmarie the next time.
FYI, I have a Skoda that I gotta the headlamp alignment fixed with this type of machine at Glenmarie Bermaz service centre. Happy with the result after that.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

batman72

Posted 17 January 2011 - 11:35 PM

batman72

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
Hmm I never realized it. I will try it tomorrow. I always on the music n enjoy the ride, hence I don't really notice such small details, thanks for sharing.

wheeLSpin

Posted 19 January 2011 - 11:01 AM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
based on sa feedback, the car they tested does not have this sound. I also recently sat in a 2.0 hs and the gear console does not produce this sound when applying brake. So it seems not all 2.0 hs have this minor prob.

hdsm suggest to leave the car for 2 day for them to diagnose but due to my tight schedule I am not able to. I guess if anyone else who also got this soft "clicking" sound on stop-go-stop situation or even when stationary to let your sc know about it.

garysak1

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:12 PM

garysak1

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi all,

I also found this sound in my 2.0hs...tick tick sound when press release brake. This sounds normal but need to have a check on my first service. One side of my side mirror got a bit minor problem, can adjust up down but couldnt adjust left right..smile.gif but overall performance and others - perfect!

trijuta

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:49 PM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
Only clock 800km..Encountered something tht don't know is Normal or Un-normal..

1) Shift to 'P'..engine stop.. foot brake fully apply, while i step onto the rear wheel to wipe water mark on sun/moonroof, i can feel the wheel still can move.. unsure.gif ..why? grip not enough? don't tell me i gotto press the foot brake kaw kaw..some more already in 'P' possition ahh..i use normal force to step it..step about 6"-7" deep.. still can move? blink.gif

2) Regarding the "tuk" sound, i can feel&hear it when shift to 'P'..foot brake fully apply..i slowly release my brake..then the car will move a litter bit backward then can hear the "tuk" sound and the whole car stop..(the feeling it some kind like using gear to lock/hook the car until stop..or something like manual car use 1st gear to lock/hook the car while off engine..)..why? anyone come across this?

jie103

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:49 PM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Feb 6 2011, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Only clock 800km..Encountered something tht don't know is Normal or Un-normal..

1) Shift to 'P'..engine stop.. foot brake fully apply, while i step onto the rear wheel to wipe water mark on sun/moonroof, i can feel the wheel still can move.. unsure.gif ..why? grip not enough? don't tell me i gotto press the foot brake kaw kaw..some more already in 'P' possition ahh..i use normal force to step it..step about 6"-7" deep.. still can move? blink.gif

2) Regarding the "tuk" sound, i can feel&hear it when shift to 'P'..foot brake fully apply..i slowly release my brake..then the car will move a litter bit backward then can hear the "tuk" sound and the whole car stop..(the feeling it some kind like using gear to lock/hook the car until stop..or something like manual car use 1st gear to lock/hook the car while off engine..)..why? anyone come across this?

I got the same problem as u. When i stop the car and put it to P, the car will move forward abit then i can hear the ''tik'' sound, i think it is to lock the gear..

trijuta

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:02 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Feb 6 2011, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got the same problem as u. When i stop the car and put it to P, the car will move forward abit then i can hear the ''tik'' sound, i think it is to lock the gear..

Kanasai! while i push to 'N'..foot brake apply (already repeated few time)..park on flat ground..car still can move! 689.gif why like that?!

odin80515

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:33 AM

odin80515

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Feb 8 2011, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kanasai! while i push to 'N'..foot brake apply (already repeated few time)..park on flat ground..car still can move! 689.gif why like that?!

Same here, while at traffic light and slope, i put N + footbrake.. the car still slide. Have to put into P only can "lock" the car in place.

Sometimes its quite dangerous because the car takes some time to lock into position.
I have a son, and when i stop the car, my wife will naturally get out asap with my son.
But she always forget the car will still move and for several occasion she almost slip as she is carrying my son and has no free hand to hold onto anything to prevent from falling.

SO FELLOW SONATARIANS PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN OR ELDERLY IN YOUR CAR

1) Before parking please let everyone know that they can only go out after you unlock the car.
2) Then after parking, apply foot brake, then set gear to P and let go of the brake.
3) Wait for the car to lock into position then only stop the engine.
4) Unlock all doors and tell your passengers they can go out now.
5) Remember to lock your car before leaving lol biggrin.gif

trijuta

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
QUOTE (odin80515 @ Feb 8 2011, 10:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same here, while at traffic light and slope, i put N + footbrake.. the car still slide. Have to put into P only can "lock" the car in place.

Sometimes its quite dangerous because the car takes some time to lock into position.
I have a son, and when i stop the car, my wife will naturally get out asap with my son.
But she always forget the car will still move and for several occasion she almost slip as she is carrying my son and has no free hand to hold onto anything to prevent from falling.

SO FELLOW SONATARIANS PLEASE DO THE FOLLOWING IF YOU HAVE CHILDREN OR ELDERLY IN YOUR CAR

1) Before parking please let everyone know that they can only go out after you unlock the car.
2) Then after parking, apply foot brake, then set gear to P and let go of the brake.
3) Wait for the car to lock into position then only stop the engine.
4) Unlock all doors and tell your passengers they can go out now.
5) Remember to lock your car before leaving lol biggrin.gif

Beside yr proposal..i don't think this is normal. we must claim this as a FAULT! Foot brake grip not enough..if apply foot brake still can slide, i can't terima this!.. comp26.gif .. Then what use of the foot brake?! I believe SC can do something while i bring it for 1000km service.. guys, no worry..we got long warranty.. smile_approve.gif

odin80515

Posted 08 February 2011 - 11:23 AM

odin80515

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Feb 8 2011, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Beside yr proposal..i don't think this is normal. we must claim this as a FAULT! Foot brake grip not enough..if apply foot brake still can slide, i can't terima this!.. comp26.gif .. Then what use of the foot brake?! I believe SC can do something while i bring it for 1000km service.. guys, no worry..we got long warranty.. smile_approve.gif

Actually I find it quite weird also, but my 1st experience with this type of foot brake is my dad's mercedez.
It also slides after applying foot brake. Then comes my sonata, so i tot its "Normal"
But when you drive so many years with hand brake which locks the car instantly....it sure feels awkward or insecure with this type of "hand brake" lol smile_blackeye.gif

Hope someone PRO can elaborate more on this type of foot brake system.