Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf - Problem

• Please log in to reply

maelfx

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:57 PM

maelfx

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Jan 4 2011, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiya, that one is handbrake ler. On our case is the leg-brake.
once it is deploy and u make any move then will have noise. any other car also got mar..

try puttin in p or n. But without using the hand(leg)brake. sure no noise liao...

ya kaaa....haiya, i tought my suspension got problem already. My 1st car with foot-brake lorr... smile_blush.gif

toughff

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:00 AM

toughff

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 790 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Jan 4 2011, 12:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
aiya, that one is handbrake ler. On our case is the leg-brake.
once it is deploy and u make any move then will have noise. any other car also got mar..

try puttin in p or n. But without using the hand(leg)brake. sure no noise liao...

ooooooo.. ook!! smile_tongue.gif

no need to worry then.. hehehe

lptan6628

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:31 PM

lptan6628

6th Gear

• Members
  • 8 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Dec 28 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, need to start a tread on this issue that I encounter that even hsdm not sure.

I notice that some batches of 2.0hs have gearbox shiftlock, and some don't. Have a look at your gearbox console and there should be a "shiftlock release" button above the "P" on gearbox console.. Only newer batches have these features.

If you do have shiftlock, can you perform the test as below to hear if got some ticking sound from the gearbox console.

1. start engine, while gearbox in "p" or "n".
2. let the cabin be quiet. close your door. off the radio and a/c . Press brake and release. repeat.
3. everytime u release the brake, you will hear a "tik" sound from the console.

The tik sound is very soft but noticeable. HSDM say it is shiftlock sound. Too bad no 2.0hs available today for test when i service my car.

Pls provide your feedback if this is normal.
Thanks in advance!

lp tan

adrwoon

Posted 07 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (wheeLSpin @ Dec 28 2010, 12:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, need to start a tread on this issue that I encounter that even hsdm not sure.

I notice that some batches of 2.0hs have gearbox shiftlock, and some don't. Have a look at your gearbox console and there should be a "shiftlock release" button above the "P" on gearbox console.. Only newer batches have these features.

If you do have shiftlock, can you perform the test as below to hear if got some ticking sound from the gearbox console.

1. start engine, while gearbox in "p" or "n".
2. let the cabin be quiet. close your door. off the radio and a/c . Press brake and release. repeat.
3. everytime u release the brake, you will hear a "tik" sound from the console.

The tik sound is very soft but noticeable. HSDM say it is shiftlock sound. Too bad no 2.0hs available today for test when i service my car.

Pls provide your feedback if this is normal.
Thanks in advance!

hi wheeLSpin... aiseh man... i never noticed the shiftlock sounds until I read it here.. now i'm super-conscious about the sound hahaha smile_big.gif...

actually, i get the sound whenever i press the brake pedal, irregardless of whether the gear is in P, R, N or D... haven't noticed whether the sound is present in manual shift slot though...
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

shah1661

Posted 08 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

shah1661

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
Hi there... Can someone shed some light here n help me. Those who already done engine oil/filter change to sonata YF, actually how many liter of engine oil need to be poured into the engine? Mine is 2.0 & according to owner's manual, we need to put 4.1 liter of engine oil when perform oil change. But when i sent my car for 1st service 2 days ago, the workshop (authorised service centre) put only 4 liter of oil (castrol GTX Professional 15W/40). 1st i thought it is OK, but along the way, i hear the engine sound like diesel engine when idling. This morning, i went to Hyundai Sime Darby (HSD) service centre to get their comment about the diesel sound of my Sonata YF. The mechanic there told me that they never use Castrol to service Hyundai, instead using Shell as recommended lubricant.

Now, HSD mechanic told me that the engine oil volume needed for Theta II engine is 4.7 litre which is contradict to the owner's manual suggested. So, which of these 'engine oil volume' u guys follow??

P/s: after i met that HSD mechanic, i straight away went to Shell station to get an extra 1 litre bottle of engine oil & done the top up!.. Sigh

ricprom

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:26 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (shah1661 @ Jan 8 2011, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there... Can someone shed some light here n help me. Those who already done engine oil/filter change to sonata YF, actually how many liter of engine oil need to be poured into the engine? Mine is 2.0 & according to owner's manual, we need to put 4.1 liter of engine oil when perform oil change. But when i sent my car for 1st service 2 days ago, the workshop (authorised service centre) put only 4 liter of oil (castrol GTX Professional 15W/40). 1st i thought it is OK, but along the way, i hear the engine sound like diesel engine when idling. This morning, i went to Hyundai Sime Darby (HSD) service centre to get their comment about the diesel sound of my Sonata YF. The mechanic there told me that they never use Castrol to service Hyundai, instead using Shell as recommended lubricant.

Now, HSD mechanic told me that the engine oil volume needed for Theta II engine is 4.7 litre which is contradict to the owner's manual suggested. So, which of these 'engine oil volume' u guys follow??

P/s: after i met that HSD mechanic, i straight away went to Shell station to get an extra 1 litre bottle of engine oil & done the top up!.. Sigh

I have done the 1k, 10k service and I have change about 4.3l of oil. Yes, the reccomended oil change will be Shell and I used Shell Ultra full syn and can prolong the service interval to 10k instead of 5k.
I suggest that u go to bigger Hundai service centre as they have to abide to the Hyundai reccomended service requirements.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

htan7

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:38 PM

htan7

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
QUOTE (shah1661 @ Jan 8 2011, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The mechanic there told me that they never use Castrol to service Hyundai, instead using Shell as recommended lubricant.

I believe there are 'deals' between the franchise and the oil company. When Hyundai sedan cars (accent/elantra/sonata) were under Kah Bintang, Kah Bintang was using Castrol while Sime Darby (Hyundai MPV/SUV) uses Shell. Now that everything is under Sime Darby, Kah Bintang (as authorized service center for Hyundai now) is instructed not to use Castrol anymore and switch to Shell.

shah1661

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:20 PM

shah1661

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
Notice my sonata YF headlight (low beam/projector right side) is more glaring than left side projector beam. It is factory setting, btw. My friend thought i did something to the headlight, when i followed his car from behind the other night. A quick check with 'switch on' headlight proved my friend comment. The right projector beam is more glaring than left. Anyone facing the same situation?

ricprom

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:35 PM

ricprom

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
QUOTE (shah1661 @ Jan 14 2011, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Notice my sonata YF headlight (low beam/projector right side) is more glaring than left side projector beam. It is factory setting, btw. My friend thought i did something to the headlight, when i followed his car from behind the other night. A quick check with 'switch on' headlight proved my friend comment. The right projector beam is more glaring than left. Anyone facing the same situation?

get it aligned at the service centre. preferably at big service centre like Glenmarie where they have the lamp adjuster machine. Another area to look at will be to make sure the bullb is seated correctly inside the lamp housing.
RickPeugeot5008
ricprom@hotmail.com

shah1661

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:31 PM

shah1661

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
QUOTE (ricprom @ Jan 14 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get it aligned at the service centre. preferably at big service centre like Glenmarie where they have the lamp adjuster machine. Another area to look at will be to make sure the bullb is seated correctly inside the lamp housing.

wow, they have this lamp adjuster machine? Does yours perfectly balance?