Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Sonata Yf - Problem

• Please log in to reply

adrwoon

Posted 21 February 2011 - 05:46 PM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
hi all!

here's a little thing which i happened to notice when i was poking my head around to check for noises..

when does your glovebox light turn on? if you just unlocked your car and open the glovebox, does your the glovebox light remain off? when does your glovebox light turn on? does it only come on if the car is started or on ACC?

after the glovebox light has come on, has anybody noticed that their glovebox light is always on even when the glovebox is closed? i noticed my glovebox light was still on even though i had shut off my engine and had everything turned off (door lights, etc).. it only went off when i locked my car..

cheers.. smile_question.gif
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

ccc628

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:14 AM

ccc628

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (adrwoon @ Feb 21 2011, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all!

here's a little thing which i happened to notice when i was poking my head around to check for noises..

when does your glovebox light turn on? if you just unlocked your car and open the glovebox, does your the glovebox light remain off? when does your glovebox light turn on? does it only come on if the car is started or on ACC?

after the glovebox light has come on, has anybody noticed that their glovebox light is always on even when the glovebox is closed? i noticed my glovebox light was still on even though i had shut off my engine and had everything turned off (door lights, etc).. it only went off when i locked my car..

cheers.. smile_question.gif

wow you are so meticulous~ smile_tongue.gif but how did you find out that the glovebox light still on if you have closed the cover?? smile_shock.gif

jayraptor

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ccc628 @ Feb 22 2011, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow you are so meticulous~ smile_tongue.gif but how did you find out that the glovebox light still on if you have closed the cover?? smile_shock.gif

He could place his handphone with video camera switched on in his glovebox. Best way to find out.

adrwoon

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:45 AM

adrwoon

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 931 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 22 2011, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He could place his handphone with video camera switched on in his glovebox. Best way to find out.

actually, i should have thought of doing that... smile_blush.gif

i tested it in a basement that was a bit dark and there was a very small gap between the lid of the glovebox and the dashboard..

anyway, i just found out that if i pressed harder on the glovebox against the dashboard when it was closed, the light goes off.. so it just means that the back of the glovebox wasn't making full contact against the pressure switch behind the glovebox.. a small square of 3M double-sided tape made sure the light goes off when the glovebox is closed... smile_big.gif
I don't want to be a genius - I have enough problems just trying to be a man.
Albert Camus

trijuta

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:28 PM

trijuta

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 726 posts
heay guys, it is not normal to have the "tuk" sound come from the gearshift EVERYTIME i brake & release (it is soooo annoying).. juz been to Glenmerie to show to one of the technician..brought him have a spin, but supricing there are no sound at 1st..! i tried hard brake & realese wanted to show him...Ahhhhhh..finally "tuk" sound can hear already.. tongue.gif .. he suspect something call "pangy..?! smile_question.gif (don't know wht's it call..)" at gearshift cause this sound.. need time to fix it.. smile_disapprove.gif ..

Also check through the counter whether any owner complain this before they said Nop!.. blink.gif ..

ccc628

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:39 AM

ccc628

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 22 2011, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow Jayraptor you are such a genius!!! smile_wink.gif

coolguyz98

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:05 AM

coolguyz98

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (shah1661 @ Feb 11 2011, 03:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, i did it because my engine sound lil' bit harsh for 4L of EO. The sound reduced a bit when i top it up.

hmmm...I did my first service and the Service Centre only put in 4L of oil. It is working ok, no harsh sound. Technically, 4L should be enough. Any Mechanical Engineer here that cares to elaborate?

coolguyz98

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:07 AM

coolguyz98

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
QUOTE (trijuta @ Feb 19 2011, 01:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
like what coolguyz98 experience about the strong burn smell. i having too. smile_disapprove.gif and the 2nd thing is every time press brake & release got the 'tik' sound too from the automatic transaxle..anyone solved this?thx

My "burn" smell is still there!!! Thought it would go away after my 1st service, in fact I told them about it! Will go and check it again!!!!

kksonata

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:39 PM

kksonata

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
a big hello to all,
just a short and quick question. has anyone experienced 'damp' smell inside the car? the smell isnt that BAD but enough to be noticed.cheap floor carpet smell or cos its raining season?appreciate your feedback.thanks and cheers!
Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking - JC Watts

KL3223

Posted 01 March 2011 - 11:57 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (kksonata @ Mar 1 2011, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a big hello to all,
just a short and quick question. has anyone experienced 'damp' smell inside the car? the smell isnt that BAD but enough to be noticed.cheap floor carpet smell or cos its raining season?appreciate your feedback.thanks and cheers!

is that from your a/c when you first switch it on?

or leak in your car? For the latter, can try checking underneath the carpets if water soak there.