Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Volkswagen Golf 1.4 TSI

• Please log in to reply

TheGunner

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:40 AM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
We were at Volkswagen HQ last night for a quick buka puasa gathering, and we were told that this weekend, the Golf 1.4 TSI will be available for viewing at all VW showrooms nationwide.

VW will be lending out test cars to a number of online publications this weekend, and AW is among those getting it. Watch out for our test drive report and driving impressions to come soon!
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

alldisc

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:10 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
check the specs out

1.4 engine, FSI, a supercharger and a turbocharger, 160hp, 240N/m torque, 7 speed DSG... RM150K! superb!! will people buy? just look around and we can see many and many VW are into our roads!

i am in luv with sciroco... wub.gif

TheGunner

Posted 03 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Sep 3 2010, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
check the specs out

1.4 engine, FSI, a supercharger and a turbocharger, 160hp, 240N/m torque, 7 speed DSG... RM150K! superb!! will people buy? just look around and we can see many and many VW are into our roads!

i am in luv with sciroco... wub.gif

Specs and pricing are attractive to be sure. Alright, I'm off to collect the car, stay tuned here and if you have Twitter, AW's official twitter account @autoworld_my.

The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

TheGunner

Posted 03 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
Collected the Golf from VW HQ earlier this afternoon. Only drove it in urban traffic thus far, here are my initial impressions
- DSG is quick and smooth shifting
- Engine pulls strongly despite 1.4-litre capacity thanks to turbo and supercharger.
- Build quality is top notch, and better than equivalent-priced Japanese makes.

I'll be taking the car out tonight when traffic clears and also over the weekend for more extensive testing, for now, impressions are excellent.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

ongwc5

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:36 PM

ongwc5

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Sep 3 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Collected the Golf from VW HQ earlier this afternoon. Only drove it in urban traffic thus far, here are my initial impressions
- Engine pulls strongly despite 1.4-litre capacity thanks to turbo and supercharger.

I'll be taking the car out tonight when traffic clears and also over the weekend for more extensive testing, for now, impressions are excellent.

smile_thumbup.gif

Don't know 2.0 ET civic (7th gen) can track-in how much? Really excited for this good review! laugh.gif

Kevin

Posted 03 September 2010 - 08:38 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Sep 3 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Any electic seats for the driver? Footwell lamps for all 4 seats?

TheGunner

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ Sep 3 2010, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any electic seats for the driver? Footwell lamps for all 4 seats?

Seats are manual adjusting, though I noticed footwell lamps for the front seats only.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

tpl

Posted 03 September 2010 - 10:36 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
-deleted-
2012 NMT President

beamer28

Posted 03 September 2010 - 11:58 PM

beamer28

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 322 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Sep 3 2010, 09:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VW will be lending out test cars to a number of online publications this weekend, and AW is among those getting it. Watch out for our test drive report and driving impressions to come soon!

No wonder I tot I saw Chips on the road in a blue one today .... it looks good except the Atlanta rims
-------------

Step aside Beemers and Mercs , Veedub is coming

pat1988

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:08 AM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ Sep 3 2010, 10:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bought the polo 1.2tsi.. nice to drive... small interior tho...

Let us know more about this car when you take delivery. I am more likely to buy this one. smile_big.gif