Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Continental Comfort Contact CC5

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (limbt @ Jun 16 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Managed to get a set of 4 for my Smart For Four; 195/50 R15 for RM210 a piece. It was an improvement over the Yokohama DNA in terms of ride and noise. Smart is known to have a hard ride but with the CC5, it is an improvement. Original Bridgestones that came with the car is the worst. rolleyes.gif

Let us have more feedback later on as it wears..... smile_thumbup.gif

mubull

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:59 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 15 2010, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Manage to get the pic of CC5

Look quiet with fine pattern. Grooves quite wide for water clearance..... smile_thumbup.gif

looks like a better design than the cc1 woR
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

swinee

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:21 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
VR2 recently must be visiting tyre shops often..always provide us wit great photos..
CC5 looks good..wit wide longkang and aysm pattern smile_tongue.gif

pop3

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
Just browsed through Continental Malaysia webpage. Couldn't understand the tyre marking. Can someone explain please.

1) 205/60/R16 92H TL FR, speed index only H rating kah? That means the maximum speed safety zone is 210 kn/h only.What is the meaning TL FR?
2) 215/60/R16 98H XL TL, What is the meaning of XL TL?

Speed Rating Miles/Hour Kilometers/Hour
H 130 210

Also, for Michelin, 225/55/ZR16, what is the meaning of ZR16??

Also, I sent my car for alignment, the tyre sifu turned over my Primacy LC "outside" surface to inside, on the right front and left rear. The left front and right rear is normal, which the "outside" is facing outside. According to him, the car alignment is hopeless to do, following all "outside" facing outside. With his special turn over, the car could only be aligned. I asked, whether this would affect the traction in wet and dry. He told me, no matter how the tyre is turn over, it would still perform perfectly. Strange!!!! Then why should the tyre maker specify which side must face out???

May the bright sifu please advise

vr2turbo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 06:49 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Jun 16 2010, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like a better design than the cc1 woR

Yup, I agree looks better than CC1

QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 16 2010, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
VR2 recently must be visiting tyre shops often..always provide us wit great photos..
CC5 looks good..wit wide longkang and aysm pattern smile_tongue.gif

Happen to be there. As I know, visuals helps a lot so take and post for the members...... smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:20 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,472 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ Jun 16 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just browsed through Continental Malaysia webpage. Couldn't understand the tyre marking. Can someone explain please.

1) 205/60/R16 92H TL FR, speed index only H rating kah? That means the maximum speed safety zone is 210 kn/h only.What is the meaning TL FR?
2) 215/60/R16 98H XL TL, What is the meaning of XL TL?

Speed Rating Miles/Hour Kilometers/Hour
H 130 210

Also, for Michelin, 225/55/ZR16, what is the meaning of ZR16??

Also, I sent my car for alignment, the tyre sifu turned over my Primacy LC "outside" surface to inside, on the right front and left rear. The left front and right rear is normal, which the "outside" is facing outside. According to him, the car alignment is hopeless to do, following all "outside" facing outside. With his special turn over, the car could only be aligned. I asked, whether this would affect the traction in wet and dry. He told me, no matter how the tyre is turn over, it would still perform perfectly. Strange!!!! Then why should the tyre maker specify which side must face out???

May the bright sifu please advise

TL FR is not commonly used. If not mistaken TL is tubeless. Cannot remember for FR. Sure it is not RF?
RF as in 225/55/RF16 will mean Runflats, and if 225/55/R16 RF is Reinforced.
XL is Extra Load. H Rating maximum speed in 210km/h
Any tyres with speed rating above V for 240km/h will have ZR. Your figure is not complete. Should be 225/55/ZR16 98W or something. Speed above V will have ZR and rating are W for 270 and Y for 300, Y(XL) for above 300.
The tyre shop who did your alignment should be shot if they flip Asymmetric tyres around. Even though may not have very great difference by they are built for a purpose. At extreme, the grip is not as good as when they are fitted correctly.

pop3

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

pop3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 16 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TL FR is not commonly used. If not mistaken TL is tubeless. Cannot remember for FR. Sure it is not RF?
Any tyres with speed rating above V for 240km/h will have ZR. Your figure is not complete. Should be 225/55/ZR16 98W or something. Speed above V will have ZR and rating are W for 270 and Y for 300, Y(XL) for above 300.
The tyre shop who did your alignment should be shot if they flip Asymmetric tyres around. Even though may not have very great difference by they are built for a purpose. At extreme, the grip is not as good as when they are fitted correctly.

The Michelin 225/55/ZR16 95W. maximum speed 270.
The tyre marking for CC5 is FR.
http://www.conti-onl...-5,tabNr=1.html

Now considering CC5 or PS3. If not mistaken CC5 is comfort tyre. PS3 is UHP tyre. Not a fair comparison.....

onetree710

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:42 AM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (pop3 @ Jun 16 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Michelin 225/55/ZR16 95W. maximum speed 270.
The tyre marking for CC5 is FR.
http://www.conti-onl...-5,tabNr=1.html

Now considering CC5 or PS3. If not mistaken CC5 is comfort tyre. PS3 is UHP tyre. Not a fair comparison.....

FR stands for protection rib or rim protector:

http://www.conti-onl...en,tabNr=4.html

limbt

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

limbt

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 16 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The tyre engineers in the R&D team has put in a lot of effort in designing tires, so outside means outside and inside means inside. Sometimes, the shop personnel try to be smart. If he has done so, suggest that you better get it corrected ASAP. Lucky these guys don't work for the airline change tyre department!

onetree710

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (limbt @ Jun 17 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The tyre engineers in the R&D team has put in a lot of effort in designing tires, so outside means outside and inside means inside. Sometimes, the shop personnel try to be smart. If he has done so, suggest that you better get it corrected ASAP. Lucky these guys don't work for the airline change tyre department!

Apart from mixed up the inside and outside of tyres, I have also seen cars fitted with directional tyres fitted with the opposite rotation of the car travel direction. For sure these cars wiill have bad aquaplanning and are road hazard to other users especially in the wet condition.