Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Noise

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ain206

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:31 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (mankarat @ Jun 21 2010, 08:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My advise is do service that will affect the warranty of your car. Other than that you can source for outside PUG workshop which is cheaper that Pug SC. Have to follow schedule to maintain the warranty. But other things like tensioner,bearing,you can source outside with slightly cheaper price.

yup agreed.

tensioner bearing at WH auto is less than rm500. had mine replace with them. the roller bearing if i am not mistaken is less than rm180.

as for GB oil Geot auto is giving 15% discount i.e abt rm205 but WH auto is doing it for abt rm180. Check them out. Call Zull at 012-278 7802. EX MBF, C&C and Nasim mechanic. nice guy with experience in PUG & Citreon.

mankarat

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:15 PM

mankarat

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 547 posts
I heard from my Kuantan mechanic that this guy is well experienced guys.. Maybe one day i will visit them.. their price is cheaper as to compare with Kuantan price.

bising

Posted 05 May 2012 - 12:50 AM

bising

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Hi all, long time no post.

My little lion has weird sound emitting from engine recently. I can't describe it precisely but I shall relate it to "humming sound" and it only started about a month ago. This sound is audible from outside or inside of car. (This humming sound is similar to the noise in some audio system if filtering cap is not installed.) I cannot pin point where it came from although very carefully "trying" to listen with hood up.

This humming sound "party" with engine speed, meaning it correlate with engine RPM. I am quite sure it has nothing to do with GB because while moving, I engaged into N and glide, it sounded as if engine is idling. Once in gear and RPM increases. it start singing along.....

What could be the source of this humming noise? Please help..... Thank you very much.

lowpro

Posted 05 May 2012 - 06:14 PM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (bising @ May 5 2012, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, long time no post.

My little lion has weird sound emitting from engine recently. I can't describe it precisely but I shall relate it to "humming sound" and it only started about a month ago. This sound is audible from outside or inside of car. (This humming sound is similar to the noise in some audio system if filtering cap is not installed.) I cannot pin point where it came from although very carefully "trying" to listen with hood up.

This humming sound "party" with engine speed, meaning it correlate with engine RPM. I am quite sure it has nothing to do with GB because while moving, I engaged into N and glide, it sounded as if engine is idling. Once in gear and RPM increases. it start singing along.....

What could be the source of this humming noise? Please help..... Thank you very much.

you get the sound even when stationary?
Let's talk about driving again!

bising

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:30 AM

bising

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ May 5 2012, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
you get the sound even when stationary?

Yes and No, Sir !!

Yes: when revving engine to higher rev than idling, perhaps 1300 onwards, regardless of stationary or moving.
No: No such humming sound at idle.

Update: one "smart" mechanic took my money, yet did not solve my problem and has taken me for a ride !!!
Replaced Aircond compressor bearing....doesn't solve the problem.
Flush and replace new power steering fluid....doesn't solve the problem.
Replaced belt tensioner....doesn't solve the problem.
He said final suspect is the steering pump......I don't know and not willing to waste my hard earned $ on him to trial and error....

I have once, perhaps a year ago, while standing by a roadside, heard the same noise coming from a moving 206. It's irritating and audible.

kgc

Posted 08 May 2012 - 03:54 PM

kgc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (bising @ May 8 2012, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and No, Sir !!

Yes: when revving engine to higher rev than idling, perhaps 1300 onwards, regardless of stationary or moving.
No: No such humming sound at idle.

Update: one "smart" mechanic took my money, yet did not solve my problem and has taken me for a ride !!!
Replaced Aircond compressor bearing....doesn't solve the problem.
Flush and replace new power steering fluid....doesn't solve the problem.
Replaced belt tensioner....doesn't solve the problem.
He said final suspect is the steering pump......I don't know and not willing to waste my hard earned $ on him to trial and error....

I have once, perhaps a year ago, while standing by a roadside, heard the same noise coming from a moving 206. It's irritating and audible.

Hi friend,

I also have humming sound when i drive at speed 50-70kmh. how about u?

bising

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:45 PM

bising

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
The mistery is solved !!!

It is one of the many bearings around the belt, called either idle bearing or idling bearing. After the wasted 1k spent without solving this problem, I decided to go to Juru blue box last Saturday and begged to look into my problem since I did not make any appointment. One of their mechanics came, took just a glance while I manually rev the engine to make the sound audible, and told me it's the stationary bearing.

At under RM200 in total spent (labor and part, RM193.60 to be exact), I drove home HAPPILY..... that bearing, is still rotating smoothly when off the mounting. So, it make me realize that when it is spinning at higher speed, it's performance has dropped signifcantly, emitting the humming sound.

Hi kgc: whether stationary or moving, in my case, as long as the engine rev is above certain rpm(1300 perhaps), the sound is audible.....I can tell you, it is very irritating.