Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Engine Noise

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

ridt

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:32 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
do u consider ure 206 engine noisy?
i drove other cars recently ( citroen picasso, same gearbox as 206 AL4 ) and i think the 206 engine noise is quite loud.. sometimes have to turn up radio hehe * excuse for sound system lol*

especially if drag the rpm but not change gear..the sound so unhealthy...like whee whee haha ohmy.gif

u can feel the engine revving under ure accel pedal . and im talking about slow speeds ohmy.gif

anyone know if this is a problem? how to overcome it? it perhaps?

p/s

i asked razak at volcare n he said its normal . kinda sad by this. reduce

http://www.facebook.com/thepadangs

My sweet peugeot 206 1.6 16v

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims
Max BHP & torque : 127 bhp @ 6,00rpm , 173 nm @ 4,000rpm (tuned for torque)

stevie8

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:15 AM

stevie8

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (ridt @ Mar 23 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i drove other cars recently ( citroen picasso, same gearbox as 206 AL4 ) and i think the 206 engine noise is quite loud.. sometimes have to turn up radio hehe * excuse for sound system lol*

especially if drag the rpm but not change gear..the sound so unhealthy...like whee whee haha ohmy.gif

u can feel the engine revving under ure accel pedal . and im talking about slow speeds ohmy.gif

p/s

The rev tell you to change gear ma. Driving is feeling not watching the rpm. Trust your feelings... Your eyes are suppose to be on the road. Feel the force...and May the force be with you always hahahahahaha

Try kancil, myV and you know how loud they are. Try honda, volvo unbelievably quite. If you are new to it and try the first time with aircond off on the road you dont even know if the engine has started. Little noise and vibration. If you want superb quiet go for electric car and next time we will have maglev car hahaha...

ridt

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:41 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (stevie8 @ Mar 24 2010, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The rev tell you to change gear ma. Driving is feeling not watching the rpm. Trust your feelings... Your eyes are suppose to be on the road. Feel the force...and May the force be with you always hahahahahaha

Try kancil, myV and you know how loud they are. Try honda, volvo unbelievably quite. If you are new to it and try the first time with aircond off on the road you dont even know if the engine has started. Little noise and vibration. If you want superb quiet go for electric car and next time we will have maglev car hahaha...

bro i drived myvi also . myvi engine in my opinion quiter then the 206... im not talking bt road noise or whatever. engine noise... kuat semacam la biggrin.gif thats why asking u guys if feel normal or could be a problem

Mod list : k & n typhoon air filter , 4-2-1 mandrel bent custom extractor , full piping s-flow brand topcat 1.6", denso iridium spark plugs, Unichip Q tuned by RS Impressive, 16" OZ rims

kgc

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

kgc

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (ridt @ Mar 23 2010, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

p/s

Are you having same problem as me? when i drive 50km-70km per hour will coming won won sound and it could be the gear problem according to volcare, kheng soon mechanic.

I made a complaint again about my problem to shah alam blue box and they want me to send back my car for checking (have checked one on last year June) but they claimed that is normal for 206.

KGC

ridt

Posted 24 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (kgc @ Mar 24 2010, 09:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you having same problem as me? when i drive 50km-70km per hour will coming won won sound and it could be the gear problem according to volcare, kheng soon mechanic.

I made a complaint again about my problem to shah alam blue box and they want me to send back my car for checking (have checked one on last year June) but they claimed that is normal for 206.

KGC

hey bro. the problem is noticable at low speeds... at 50km+ quite quiet and smooth. ...so i dont think its the won won ting biggrin.gif

is ure car ok yet?

maybe the engine is loud at low speed coz struggling to accelerate the car.
1.4 onli.

just wanna ask if anyone else has this noisy engine or is it normal

Andy214

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:23 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (ridt @ Mar 24 2010, 09:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro i drived myvi also . myvi engine in my opinion quiter then the 206... im not talking bt road noise or whatever. engine noise... kuat semacam la biggrin.gif thats why asking u guys if feel normal or could be a problem

I'm not sure during driving, but if during idling, DEFINITELY Myvi is worst; If you said yours is worst, then I think you need to send your lion for medical checkup smile_tongue.gif
Myvi has very bad idling noise "Brrrr.... BRRRRRR... Brrrrr... BRRRRR..." non-stop, it's so darn annoying, and it's LOUD. Even Vios have this too, but at least Vios ain't so bad inside the cabin. It's so loud even outside, sometimes I'm washing my car and someone visit the neighbour, be it a Myvi or Vios or some other car, it's just so annoying the sound keeps "Brrrr... BRRRR.... Brrrr... BRRRRR...".

If during driving, possibly because the RPM, when you notice it's loud, check if the RPM already hit over 3 ~ 3.5K which is normal for any engine to have louder noise; Besides, the stock Bestari does not come with hood insulator. Try installing a good hood insulator. The CBU 206 by default comes with one and the material is not those rubbery type sold in NZ Galaxy. Check the 308 THP version then you'll know.

Finally, for the engine noise; I can't remember exactly Bestari's engine noise, but Wira's engine noise I'm very familiar, when you hit very high rpm, the noise is SHARP, but for my 206 and the Prince engine (308 VTi, 207 VTi) the engine sound is more bassy/boomy, MANLY! I like! smile_tongue.gif
Perhaps you can try differentiate with your brother's Myvi at high RPM (if he allows it smile_tongue.gif )

ridt

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Mar 24 2010, 11:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not sure during driving, but if during idling, DEFINITELY Myvi is worst; If you said yours is worst, then I think you need to send your lion for medical checkup smile_tongue.gif
Myvi has very bad idling noise "Brrrr.... BRRRRRR... Brrrrr... BRRRRR..." non-stop, it's so darn annoying, and it's LOUD. Even Vios have this too, but at least Vios ain't so bad inside the cabin. It's so loud even outside, sometimes I'm washing my car and someone visit the neighbour, be it a Myvi or Vios or some other car, it's just so annoying the sound keeps "Brrrr... BRRRR.... Brrrr... BRRRRR...".

If during driving, possibly because the RPM, when you notice it's loud, check if the RPM already hit over 3 ~ 3.5K which is normal for any engine to have louder noise; Besides, the stock Bestari does not come with hood insulator. Try installing a good hood insulator. The CBU 206 by default comes with one and the material is not those rubbery type sold in NZ Galaxy. Check the 308 THP version then you'll know.

Finally, for the engine noise; I can't remember exactly Bestari's engine noise, but Wira's engine noise I'm very familiar, when you hit very high rpm, the noise is SHARP, but for my 206 and the Prince engine (308 VTi, 207 VTi) the engine sound is more bassy/boomy, MANLY! I like! smile_tongue.gif
Perhaps you can try differentiate with your brother's Myvi at high RPM (if he allows it smile_tongue.gif )

hi andy !

idling no noise . 206 is quiet smile.gif it only happens when u start moving the car / accelerating from stationary point..the engine goes whee whee... haha like the engine push so hard ohmy.gif
oh and i feel it noisy only in the 1 st gear... once shift to 2nd gear its ok..

n if im not mistaken if over 3 k engine loud is normal, but this is before 3k.. its like the engine struggling.
ive got the nz hood insulator already . maybe i should soundproof my car .?
or perhaps get a K & N open pod hahahaha tongue.gif ure using one right andy

p/s

i have no bro, myvi my gf one tongue.gif will try again. no confidence to push the myvi . scary

ridt

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:42 AM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts

hi andy !

idling no noise . 206 is quiet smile.gif it only happens when u start moving the car / accelerating from stationary point..the engine goes whee whee... haha like the engine push so hard ohmy.gif
oh and i feel it noisy only in the 1 st gear... once shift to 2nd gear its ok..

n if im not mistaken if over 3 k engine loud is normal, but this is before 3k.. its like the engine struggling.
ive got the nz hood insulator already . maybe i should soundproof my car .?
or perhaps get a K & N open pod hahahaha tongue.gif ure using one right andy

p/s

i have no bro, myvi my gf one.will try again. no confidence to push the myvi . scary

poex

Posted 24 March 2010 - 11:51 AM

poex

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

sorry off topic for a while smile_big.gif
anyone knows where to get this insulator?
1 year ago i saw sum1 selling this thing...
poex

ridt

Posted 24 March 2010 - 12:03 PM

ridt

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 628 posts
QUOTE (poex @ Mar 24 2010, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sorry off topic for a while smile_big.gif
anyone knows where to get this insulator?
1 year ago i saw sum1 selling this thing...

i got mine at NZ galaxy bro... i wanna go there soon to see how much for the leather steering wheel