Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Hyundai Sued For Manipulating Fuel Efficiency

• Please log in to reply

kaylcar

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:46 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (stalin @ Mar 2 2013, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can continue to enjoy yourself in your own world of denial smile_tongue.gif
It does not matter whether one or two. Whether you lie once or twice or even hundred times, you are still a liar! Get it! smile_approve.gif

yup, that's what I told the chilli boy! smile_approve.gif
1,463,700 Scoville heat units.....can u feel the burn?

jolokia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
Hey ! Hey ! Hey ! Nissan Light Foot Quest 2013 is back (17th March 2013)

This year Nissan would be using the New Almera, divided into MT & AT Catergory.

Jayraptor would be jumping up & down for sure on the result. smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

kaylcar

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 7 2013, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

snoozefest. The nerds are back. smile_sleepy.gif

why are you posting "latest news" which is on the home page of AW today? Wasting bandwidth with unnecessary repetitive postings!! smile_angry.gif

jolokia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (kaylcar @ Mar 7 2013, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
snoozefest. The nerds are back. smile_sleepy.gif

why are you posting "latest news" which is on the home page of AW today? Wasting bandwidth with unnecessary repetitive postings!! smile_angry.gif

Just in case Jayraptor missed it smile_tongue.gif

Sometime that fellow blur blur one smile_big.gif

jayraptor

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:27 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 7 2013, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This year Nissan would be using the New Almera, divided into MT & AT Catergory.

Jayraptor would be jumping up & down for sure on the result. smile_thumbup.gif smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Very good, please postpone to after May if possible. That time, the automotive consumer rights group authority will slip in few mata-mata to monitor and watch from your angle. You tried something against the business law, they'll be more than happy to jump up and down while you bunch will jump out the building to make way for replacement staffs.

jolokia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 7 2013, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very good, please postpone to after May if possible. That time, the automotive consumer rights group authority will slip in few mata-mata to monitor and watch from your angle. You tried something against the business law, they'll be more than happy to jump up and down while you bunch will jump out the building to make way for replacement staffs.

Can't aleady fix on 17th March 2013. smile_approve.gif

Wow never heard of mata mata for long long time ! smile_tongue.gif my late mum used to tell me mata-mata, rumah pasung, story smile_big.gif

So call light foot quest r merely a form of advertising campaign, just like those blind fold cola/orange test, do you think there r people so free to monitor that ? Business Law ? i doubt you have even study that. happy.gif

TheGunner

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:27 PM

TheGunner

Knight Rider

• Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,953 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Mar 8 2013, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So call light foot quest r merely a form of advertising campaign, just like those blind fold cola/orange test, do you think there r people so free to monitor that ? Business Law ? i doubt you have even study that. happy.gif

At the end of it, there really are advertising motivations behind the Lightfoot Quest, and the objective is to come up with numbers that they can shout at the ad boards.

The previous Lightfoot Quest actually did not achieve this particular objective as the numbers were simply too ridiculous to be taken seriously. They were actually hoping for numbers in the region of 20-25km/l, which would have been perfect for advertising as these were numbers that would have been believable.

So, contrary to the raptor's assertions, it is highly unlikely that the winning cars were outfitted with spare fuel tanks, as it serves no benefit to Nissan to have numbers such as 160km/l circulating the net.
The Gunner

Proud to be a Gunner

stalin

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:41 PM

stalin

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Mar 5 2013, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bringing up the old case again? Hyundai/Kia models involved in the lawsuit only involves difference of 1-2mpg that is just mere 0.43km/L to 0.9km/L difference. The standard FC reading is taken from traffic in city and highway dated back in 1990's. US city and highway today are much more crowded with more bumper to bumper crawl.

If the law is to take into full consideration by taking FC reading based on today's traffic, then Japanese, US and conti brands too must be re-evaluated and if liable to lawsuit, these older carmakers would suffer more serious losses.

When automotive consumer rights group is established here after the big event, more likely your company will be next. The light foot contest is best evidence against you bunch should the owners lodged complain. Sylphy claimed 16km/L city, actual only 9km/L, difference of 16.5mpg = 7km/L. Rather than the company being held responsible, they might divert the attention to you bunch instead. The idea came from you bunch and approved by you bunch, so you will have no choice but to be kicked out of the company. You broke the law, you kena.

Not a very good excuse to convince the market that Hyundai and Kia are not cheating the customers. By the way, it is not really an old story. It involves the latest models!!!! smile_approve.gif smile_big.gif You should try harder.

Hey, I am still waiting for your so-called mata mata to catch me and kick me out smile_tongue.gif Let me tell you one thing, you are really a loser. We are still waiting for you to establish the so-called consumers rights group. You can't even write your own blog lah.

Only LOSERS like you will harp on the word "IF"....... You should post your replies as:
1) What if I have worked harder?
2) What if I have told the truth?
3) What if I don't go around and embarass myself?
4) What if I am a billionaire etc?
There're just too many IFs!!! smile_approve.gif

kaylcar

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

kaylcar

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
QUOTE (stalin @ Mar 8 2013, 02:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not a very good excuse to convince the market that Hyundai and Kia are not cheating the customers. By the way, it is not really an old story. It involves the latest models!!!! smile_approve.gif smile_big.gif You should try harder.

Hey, I am still waiting for your so-called mata mata to catch me and kick me out smile_tongue.gif Let me tell you one thing, you are really a loser. We are still waiting for you to establish the so-called consumers rights group. You can't even write your own blog lah.

Only LOSERS like you will harp on the word "IF"....... You should post your replies as:
1) What if I have worked harder?
2) What if I have told the truth?
3) What if I don't go around and embarass myself?
4) What if I am a billionaire etc?
There're just too many IFs!!! smile_approve.gif

I don't feel cheated in the least! smile_approve.gif You are making a presumptuous statement here, do you even own a Hyundai to feel cheated by, or are you feeling cheated by proxy?

jolokia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Mar 8 2013, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At the end of it, there really are advertising motivations behind the Lightfoot Quest, and the objective is to come up with numbers that they can shout at the ad boards.

The previous Lightfoot Quest actually did not achieve this particular objective as the numbers were simply too ridiculous to be taken seriously. They were actually hoping for numbers in the region of 20-25km/l, which would have been perfect for advertising as these were numbers that would have been believable.

So, contrary to the raptor's assertions, it is highly unlikely that the winning cars were outfitted with spare fuel tanks, as it serves no benefit to Nissan to have numbers such as 160km/l circulating the net.

One of my friend told me he really believe those cheap toy c/w DingDang Chocolate can fly like what shown in the advertisement, but that happen when he is like 5 years old. smile_tongue.gif

At time i really find own Self Proclaimed Hansome matured big eye man Jayraptor to be very "unique" for a adult. smile_wink.gif