Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Questions and answers on CVT Saga, Exora, P3

• Please log in to reply

rewlz

Posted 03 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

rewlz

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Apr 3 2012, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1) door alignment should be easy to adjust, just use screwdriver to adjust the contact part.
2) u mean no sound after 3mins after both channel frequency alr sync?

Yes, no sound after 3 to 4 minutes after both channel frequencyalready sync
Still puzzle me till this day. Already tried change frequency and still same problem.
One forumer said it has something to do with the FM transmitter. Not sure though.
Changed CD also same problem.

Got bottom of my front bumper paint chipped off due to underestimating a curve. Darn..brand new car..Eyesore..
So got use to old Wira size.

kristof

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
The low speed noise when descelerating is CVT related however, as your SA told you also engine makes similar noise. If you drive very slowly, little throttle you have this whoewhoeeee noise, this is the Airco compressor. You can see if you switch of aircon during the noise. Those two are very similar. But as you say, it's not that bad, all gears make noise, some just isolate it better than other. For me it's not bothering. We take in into consideration however and it is one of the action point to further improve on this matter.

Kristof

kristof

Posted 03 April 2012 - 08:32 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (rewlz @ Apr 3 2012, 07:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, no sound after 3 to 4 minutes after both channel frequencyalready sync
Still puzzle me till this day. Already tried change frequency and still same problem.
One forumer said it has something to do with the FM transmitter. Not sure though.
Changed CD also same problem.

Got bottom of my front bumper paint chipped off due to underestimating a curve. Darn..brand new car..Eyesore..
So got use to old Wira size.

Please concentrate on CVT only,

Thanks

pgkia

Posted 03 April 2012 - 10:19 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Apr 3 2012, 08:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The low speed noise when descelerating is CVT related however, as your SA told you also engine makes similar noise. If you drive very slowly, little throttle you have this whoewhoeeee noise, this is the Airco compressor. You can see if you switch of aircon during the noise. Those two are very similar. But as you say, it's not that bad, all gears make noise, some just isolate it better than other. For me it's not bothering. We take in into consideration however and it is one of the action point to further improve on this matter.

Kristof

thanks...at least, it is not something abnormal. i will try other methods to insulate the noises from the engine bay.

for the second time, i felt the "jerking" issue. both incidents were during cold engine. i started the engine, and straight switched to "D" and drove forward. Seconds later when reached a turning, slow down, and without a full stop, i pressed the pedal and continue turning and driving forward. that was the time when i felt the car moved a bit, then a sudden loss of power(like the gear could not hold well, or the cluth open?) for a second, then the power came back (like the gear hold back, or cluth close?) and this caused the jerk. Normal?

ntc2000

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (pgkia @ Apr 3 2012, 10:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks...at least, it is not something abnormal. i will try other methods to insulate the noises from the engine bay.

for the second time, i felt the "jerking" issue. both incidents were during cold engine. i started the engine, and straight switched to "D" and drove forward. Seconds later when reached a turning, slow down, and without a full stop, i pressed the pedal and continue turning and driving forward. that was the time when i felt the car moved a bit, then a sudden loss of power(like the gear could not hold well, or the cluth open?) for a second, then the power came back (like the gear hold back, or cluth close?) and this caused the jerk. Normal?

is this call rubberband syndrome?

morfy

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:20 PM

morfy

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Kristof, wonderful forum thread and thank you for the informative replies.

You mentioned that there is a cooling effect on the clutch when shifting to N. I'm also interested in maximising the longevity of my Exora Bold's CVT.

When in a traffic jam (even on a level road), should we shift to N at every available opportunity? Or does frequent shifting back and forth from D to N and back affect the lifespan of the CVT gearbox?

Thanks.

kcng

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:58 PM

kcng

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
If doing hard-high rpm driving for long period of time...

will the CVT throw this warning up?

yeongcl

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

yeongcl

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
My car stop in the middle of the road today with CVT warning light. My car only have 1030 km on its odometer when it occur. Have email Kristof and waiting for his reply.

I hate to say this but proton is the worst company I come across. The Proton centre of excellence do not pick up the phone and email to I care (or should I say it is I don't care) is not reply. Even if it has very good product, or will not success with such lousy service.
Proton? Can or not?

ntc2000

Posted 05 April 2012 - 09:31 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (yeongcl @ Apr 5 2012, 05:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My car stop in the middle of the road today with CVT warning light. My car only have 1030 km on its odometer when it occur. Have email Kristof and waiting for his reply.

I hate to say this but proton is the worst company I come across. The Proton centre of excellence do not pick up the phone and email to I care (or should I say it is I don't care) is not reply. Even if it has very good product, or will not success with such lousy service.

smile_question.gif smile_question.gif

exora bold?? exora bold, our member tested with 190km/h all the way, also wont overheat woh...

mine personally all the way 150-160 from jb to kl , also no overheat. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

yeongcl

Posted 06 April 2012 - 09:14 AM

yeongcl

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Apr 5 2012, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_question.gif smile_question.gif

exora bold?? exora bold, our member tested with 190km/h all the way, also wont overheat woh...

mine personally all the way 150-160 from jb to kl , also no overheat. smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Yes, bold. Now waiting at COE. I was just driving slow, 5 min in the journey.then it happen.

Kristof say it might be engine problem.
Proton? Can or not?