Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Polo Sedan

• Please log in to reply

khlee23

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:16 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (sianglee @ Apr 20 2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well tats the price can actually get passat in US.
Thanks to our NAP.
Long live our GOV

Cannot convert currency. If you live in US and earn US dollars, with US$99.9K you can drive home an E-Class AMG ?! I think still got change !

Life is short. Seize the day!

yeong

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
The car is b segment but VW price it at Mazda 3/Altis 1.6...hmmm..VW can really fetch that premium?
Euro-2 engine sounds obsolete, anybody got more details?
I don mind the 6 speeder not DSG though,provided it is reliable & smooth.

flee

Posted 20 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Well overpriced. In EU, the Polo is an entry level model. Over here, they are trying to sell it in the same segment as premium models. I wonder if they will sell 50 units per month...
Regards,
Flee

amir

Posted 20 April 2012 - 03:09 PM

amir

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 490 posts
RM100k for a bread and butter polo sedan. Top up RM10k can get a TSI engine and DSGed Polo Hatchback 1.2. Add another RM26k, you'll get another Polo Hatchback with a 1.4 TSI engine, DSG, 17" detroit rims, jacky stewart tartan seats, sunroof, bixenon with DRLs. Now which one is the better buy?

jolokia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Apr 20 2012, 09:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Better pricing than Toyota Vios and Altis. Those crappy cars around. Roti kosong rides. Just by opening and closing the doors will tell you a lot of cost cutting from those craps brand. Not happy ?

Better than Elantra & Forte as well ? smile_approve.gif

Wow you determine car quality by opening & closing doors ? such a genius smile_thumbup.gif

Get a Volvo 244 GL sure the door too sound solid too. smile_big.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

retro

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:50 PM

retro

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts
QUOTE (amir @ Apr 20 2012, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
RM100k for a bread and butter polo sedan. Top up RM10k can get a TSI engine and DSGed Polo Hatchback 1.2. Add another RM26k, you'll get another Polo Hatchback with a 1.4 TSI engine, DSG, 17" detroit rims, jacky stewart tartan seats, sunroof, bixenon with DRLs. Now which one is the better buy?

i do think that as a product it is pretty decent. the rear room as i saw earlier today and experienced (just a static show) was much more comfortable as a family car than the hatch due to the hatch's very limited rear legroom as compared to the sedan. perhaps the hatch would be good for very young couples with either very, very young kids or no kids or those looking for a second car that doubles up as a weekend fun car but as a daily driver and if the car is to be the only car in the family, the polo sedan makes a very good account for itself... now, 10k down will make it a lot more palatable.

actually the doors felt and sounded solid when closed. kinda like the older generation volvos instead of today's rubber muted doors found in most other cars.

a point to note though, the sales lady at glenmarie told me that they couldn't offer me a test drive today during lunch time as the car had no road tax yet but when i took a look at the gleaming white demo car parked outside... there was a road tax sticker proudly on the windscreen. plus, there were only a handful of people in the showroom today and not all were looking at the polo sedan. wonder if she didn't like my checked shirt and jeans.

jolokia

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:30 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts
QUOTE (retro @ Apr 20 2012, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i do think that as a product it is pretty decent. the rear room as i saw earlier today and experienced (just a static show) was much more comfortable as a family car than the hatch due to the hatch's very limited rear legroom as compared to the sedan. perhaps the hatch would be good for very young couples with either very, very young kids or no kids or those looking for a second car that doubles up as a weekend fun car but as a daily driver and if the car is to be the only car in the family, the polo sedan makes a very good account for itself... now, 10k down will make it a lot more palatable.

actually the doors felt and sounded solid when closed. kinda like the older generation volvos instead of today's rubber muted doors found in most other cars.

a point to note though, the sales lady at glenmarie told me that they couldn't offer me a test drive today during lunch time as the car had no road tax yet but when i took a look at the gleaming white demo car parked outside... there was a road tax sticker proudly on the windscreen. plus, there were only a handful of people in the showroom today and not all were looking at the polo sedan. wonder if she didn't like my checked shirt and jeans.

The 1.6 MPI 105ps engine should be the same one fiited in 2005 Polo Mark IV.

103K for a B segment 1.6 MPI engine India Made Polo Sedan/Vento is bad deal if you ask me, consider this car target 3rd world country such as Russia & India. smile_blackeye.gif

Maybe one should wait for Pekan made CKD with a price tag of 85K before signing the dotted line. schla01.gif

Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

tiganasfx

Posted 20 April 2012 - 08:47 PM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Apr 20 2012, 07:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The 1.6 MPI 105ps engine should be the same one fiited in 2005 Polo Mark IV.

103K for a B segment 1.6 MPI engine India Made Polo Sedan/Vento is bad deal if you ask me, consider this car target 3rd world country such as Russia & India. smile_blackeye.gif

Maybe one should wait for Pekan made CKD with a price tag of 85K before signing the dotted line. schla01.gif

Ya this car should be $80-85k not more than that.

c8pmw

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:11 PM

c8pmw

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
QUOTE (yeong @ Apr 20 2012, 11:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The car is b segment but VW price it at Mazda 3/Altis 1.6...hmmm..VW can really fetch that premium?
Euro-2 engine sounds obsolete, anybody got more details?
I don mind the 6 speeder not DSG though,provided it is reliable & smooth.

Similar to Jetta, a segment C car but VW price it at sushi 2.0 segment D....well, judging how many Jettas are on road you will know if VW's strategy works or not...

yeong

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (c8pmw @ Apr 20 2012, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Similar to Jetta, a segment C car but VW price it at sushi 2.0 segment D....well, judging how many Jettas are on road you will know if VW's strategy works or not...

+1 smile_thumbup.gif
Can VGM help their Principle to achieve their ultimate goal of becoming global top volume with this kind of pricing strategy? Good luck.

Haven't seen the real car yet but it reminds me of Latio. Both are high-b segment but the Latio sedan spec is awful smile_blackeye.gif .... until need to give heavy discount to move a small number.