twice for claim to rectify some issues.
last one for 20k service plus one minor claim.
Here is my 1st experience.
Reach before 730am. claimed about "transmission too hot" that appeared on my driving screen
took nearly 4 hours to get my car back.
Work done : uograde software.
Result : still encounter the same problem on other days. Problem not solved but worst is my car "gruk gruk" a lot on slow drive. Seems like the software update is really useless and create more fuss.
Reach before 730am, claimed on "transmission too hot" and "parking aid malfucntion"
Took nearly 7 days to get back my car. (include the weekend)
Work done : recalibtare and update software (version 22.202), plus change front left sensor and spray job for sensor.
1. love the power after this software upgrade. The pick up power is really damn good. Only encounter "gruk gruk" sound when on uphill crossing the road hump. but the frequency is reduced.
2. transmission too hot issue is gone and didn't appeared again. Great!
3. parking aid malfunction still happen occassionaly. Problem not resolved. But not affecting the driving pleasure i have with the car.
4. bad thing is I didnt get any replacement car from SDAC for that 7 days.
5. good thing is SC advsior contacted me every day before 5pm to update my car status. ....after I insist strongly...
Reach around 815am. I'm the 4th person in the waiting list for 20k service and claimed on "parking aid malfunction"
Took 3 hours to get my car back.
Work done : 20k regular service and service technician claimed my parking sensor connector is loose, and he has fixed it back.
1. The car gear shifting is so smooth on slow drive and uphill. The experience is like driving a CVT car. No gruk gruk sound anymore. GREAT!
2. But... my feeling... the car pick up power has been adjusted....reduced....Something bad. But I still ok with it. software version remain unchanged, 22.202. Something strange.
3. But worst is ...... parking aid malfucntion occured everyday now. That's really make me piss off now. but I haven't log in the complaint to SDAC. Anyone can help here!?
One more point... SDAC will do car wash for your car after service or repair, It took nearly 30 min to 1 hour. If you dont want waste too much time in service center, inform SC advisor...no car wash after service, then you can collect your car earlier.
Frankly speaking,,,, the car wash quality is not really good, but better than nothing if you can spare more time in service center.
Thanks for the information. Certainly useful.
Shucks. The car is left in the service centre for nearly 7 days? That would be very inconvenient if there is no replacement car.
Any idea what has been done during the 3rd service that eliminates the jerkiness in the gear shifting and produces the smoothness of a CVT drive? And also solving the "gruk gruk" sound, presumably from the suspension?
The "gruk gruk" sound, I believe it is from the suspension when going over unnevennes in bad roads or humps. I read a Ford Service Bulletin. Any idea if the "gruk gruk" sound is related to this, and the SC has followed the procedure in this document to troubleshoot the problem?
Ford Service Bulletin : Clunk/Rattle Noise From Front End During Parking Maneuvres And/Or Rough Surfaces At Low Speeds Between 8-32km/h
Currently my Focus Titanium also has a thud sound from the front suspension when going over bumps and bad unneven roads at low speeds. The thud or "gruk gruk" sound, not too sure if it is something normal in the Focus or it's a defect, but the sound of the suspension when going over bumps or bad roads is slightly louder than other vehicles that I own or have owned. In other vehicles, the sound of the suspension is a softer muffled thud, rather than a louder sharp thud, or in the way you have described it, "gruk gruk" sound.
I will bring this up to the service centre once my vehicle is due for the 10,000km service. Personally I feel the sound from the suspension could be quieter.
Not too sure what software is currently on my vehicle. Will check if it's 22.202 or something else. Man, that is a long list of issues you've got there with your vehicle.
Not too sure about the car cleaning at Ford, but when I owned the Nissan Sylphy, I try not to let the guys wash my car, both interior and exterior. Sometimes they will do more harm than good. At one point, there is a slight chip on the leather-wrapped steering wheel of my Sylphy, likely caused by the cleaners when they vacuumed the interior of the vehicle. Luckily no exterior scratches on the body of the vehicle when they wash it.