Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ford Focus 2012

• Please log in to reply

Breadman

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:18 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Aug 12 2013, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks. That is good to hear.

Another question if you don't mind. For the Extended Service Plan (ESP) offered by Ford, do you know how much does it cost to have the Focus Titanium covered under this plan, and does this cover only the warranty or on maintenance cost as well? The ESP only covers the Focus for another 2 years on top of the standard 3 years/60,000km isn't it?

I don't know about any Extended Service Plan.

If it is the Extended Warranty (+2) then it is included in the price of the car. The Extended Warranty booklet will tell you what is covered and what is not.
"Behind every great fortune there is a crime." ~ Mario Puzo (The Godfather)

ryder

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Aug 12 2013, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't know about any Extended Service Plan.

If it is the Extended Warranty (+2) then it is included in the price of the car. The Extended Warranty booklet will tell you what is covered and what is not.

Okay, never mind. I'll find out this coming weekend. The Ford showroom branch at my place does not have any Focus Titanium in the showroom yet. The Titanium Focus will only arrive this Wednesday. Will go over probably on Saturday to view and also test drive.

ryder

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
The jerking in Ford Focus at low speeds 0-30km/h, will it reduce considerably with time, or we need to get the software update in the service centre to eliminate the jerking? The acceleration is so powerful that the car jerks forward strongly when accelerating in the range of 0 to 30km/h.

Mileage is currently about 250km.

Breadman

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Just did the second service yesterday. My Focus Sport is exactly one year old. Mileage: 14k.

Was advise that software update is only for cars with certain chasis numbers. My unit is not one of them, but somehow the engine feels more torquey now. Perhaps the fuel flow is now unimpeded due to the fuel filter change. This second service also involve a change of the odour filter, but all no charge.

After a year of usage the car has collected plenty of paint chips on the front bumper and bonnet due to small pieces of stones and sand thrown up by the tyres and other cars on the road. I also send the car for SierraGlow grooming last month due to the unavoidable water marks. :-)

ryder

Posted 18 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Oct 18 2013, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just did the second service yesterday. My Focus Sport is exactly one year old. Mileage: 14k.

Was advise that software update is only for cars with certain chasis numbers. My unit is not one of them, but somehow the engine feels more torquey now. Perhaps the fuel flow is now unimpeded due to the fuel filter change. This second service also involve a change of the odour filter, but all no charge.

After a year of usage the car has collected plenty of paint chips on the front bumper and bonnet due to small pieces of stones and sand thrown up by the tyres and other cars on the road. I also send the car for SierraGlow grooming last month due to the unavoidable water marks. :-)

May I ask what is the mileage of your vehicle during the first service? Your second service is done at 14,000km mileage?

Breadman

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Oct 18 2013, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
May I ask what is the mileage of your vehicle during the first service? Your second service is done at 14,000km mileage?

6000+ km. Service interval is 10k or 6 months. smile.gif

Breadman

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
Here is a tip. If you are sendng your car to Ford, Federal Highway for service please check your car in at 8.00 am if you want to get back the car early.

I checked my car in at 10 am on the appointed date and I was one of the last to get the car back, after 5.00 pm. Blardy waste of time. smile_angry.gif

ryder

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:55 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
QUOTE (Breadman @ Oct 18 2013, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is a tip. If you are sendng your car to Ford, Federal Highway for service please check your car in at 8.00 am if you want to get back the car early.

I checked my car in at 10 am on the appointed date and I was one of the last to get the car back, after 5.00 pm. Blardy waste of time. smile_angry.gif

Thanks for the information. After 5.00pm only ready? Man I would be kicking myself. Perhaps there are a lot of things to do or check with the Focus. Yes, I always try to be the earliest at 7.30am to 8.00am everytime when a service is due.

So you sent your car to the one at the federal highway. Do you have any experience with the one at KL along Jalan Ipoh? My service advisor advised that any major service the one at KL would be a better choice than the one along the federal highway. He mentioned better service or something.

Do we really need to follow 6 months exactly? Think I will not reach 10,000km even after 6 months.

Breadman

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Breadman

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,172 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Oct 18 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the information. After 5.00pm only ready? Man I would be kicking myself. Perhaps there are a lot of things to do or check with the Focus. Yes, I always try to be the earliest at 7.30am to 8.00am everytime when a service is due.

So you sent your car to the one at the federal highway. Do you have any experience with the one at KL along Jalan Ipoh? My service advisor advised that any major service the one at KL would be a better choice than the one along the federal highway. He mentioned better service or something.

Do we really need to follow 6 months exactly? Think I will not reach 10,000km even after 6 months.

I only go to Ford Federal Highway because it is the most convenient for me.

You need not send the car in at exactly 6 months. They give you an allowance of 1 month or 1000 km to keep the warranty intact.

jameshy

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

jameshy

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Oct 18 2013, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been in SDAC Jalan Ipoh 3x.
twice for claim to rectify some issues.
last one for 20k service plus one minor claim.

Here is my 1st experience.
Reach before 730am. claimed about "transmission too hot" that appeared on my driving screen
took nearly 4 hours to get my car back.
Work done : uograde software.
Result : still encounter the same problem on other days. Problem not solved but worst is my car "gruk gruk" a lot on slow drive. Seems like the software update is really useless and create more fuss.

2nd experience
Reach before 730am, claimed on "transmission too hot" and "parking aid malfucntion"
Took nearly 7 days to get back my car. (include the weekend)
Work done : recalibtare and update software (version 22.202), plus change front left sensor and spray job for sensor.
Result :
1. love the power after this software upgrade. The pick up power is really damn good. Only encounter "gruk gruk" sound when on uphill crossing the road hump. but the frequency is reduced.
2. transmission too hot issue is gone and didn't appeared again. Great!
3. parking aid malfunction still happen occassionaly. Problem not resolved. But not affecting the driving pleasure i have with the car.
4. bad thing is I didnt get any replacement car from SDAC for that 7 days.
5. good thing is SC advsior contacted me every day before 5pm to update my car status. ....after I insist strongly...

3rd experience
Reach around 815am. I'm the 4th person in the waiting list for 20k service and claimed on "parking aid malfunction"
Took 3 hours to get my car back.
Work done : 20k regular service and service technician claimed my parking sensor connector is loose, and he has fixed it back.
Result :
1. The car gear shifting is so smooth on slow drive and uphill. The experience is like driving a CVT car. No gruk gruk sound anymore. GREAT!
2. But... my feeling... the car pick up power has been adjusted....reduced....Something bad. But I still ok with it. software version remain unchanged, 22.202. Something strange.
3. But worst is ...... parking aid malfucntion occured everyday now. That's really make me piss off now. but I haven't log in the complaint to SDAC. Anyone can help here!?

One more point... SDAC will do car wash for your car after service or repair, It took nearly 30 min to 1 hour. If you dont want waste too much time in service center, inform SC advisor...no car wash after service, then you can collect your car earlier.
Frankly speaking,,,, the car wash quality is not really good, but better than nothing if you can spare more time in service center.