GoCar Pro Service Now Available In Johor
The GoCar Pro service is now available in Johor. This service is a hybrid of a car sharing and a subscription model. With the GoCar Pro service, you get subscription-level vehicles with shorter lead times.
GoCar Malaysia, a leading on-demand mobility-as-a-service platform, is currently offering this as a pilot service in Johor Bahru. It is available to all registered GoCar members who need a car for commuting in the city, as well as for holiday travels whether in-state or out.
With GoCar Pro, you can also be assured that any car you book will be clean and in good working condition. A dedicated GoCar team will turnaround the vehicles after each use, just as is done with vehicles in the GoCar Subs fleet.
Models available in the GoCar Pro fleet include the Proton Persona, Nissan Almera and Perodua Axia. The daily rates for the GoCar Pro range from RM129 to RM169. Bear in mind that there are limited units available and on a first-come, first-served basis. The booking process for a GoCar Pro car is just like for any GoCar, and payment can be made within the GoCar app.
However, the terms of usage for a GoCar Pro vary slightly. The terms are as follows:
- The GoCar Pro service is currently available for round trips only
- A minimum booking of 3 days is required but as with GoCar Share, customers can book a vehicle for a maximum of 30 days. However, bookings need to be made 1 day in advance to allow time for turnaround
- Similar to subscription, GoCar Pro customers will be provided with a physical key, which can be collected during operating hours at the GoCar hub in Johor Jaya. Users will still be able to lock and unlock the vehicle with the GoCar app
- A security deposit of RM500 is required. This will be refunded within 7 to 14 days upon return of the car, provided it is in good condition
In addition to the usual payment options of credit / debit card, GoPocket Points, online banking and e-wallets, you can also take advantage of GoCar’s GrabPay option to spread your payments across 4 instalments with zero interest. This pay later option is currently available only through GrabPay.
To be able to book a car, you will need to download the GoCar app and register an account to be a member. Membership is open to all Malaysians aged 18 years and above with a valid driving license. This includes P-license holders. Non-Malaysians can also apply but will need a valid international driving license.
The steps to book a GoCar Pro car are:
- Launch the GoCar app, tap on “Sharing” and select the “Round Trip” option.
- Pick your preferred date and time, look for and tap on the pin with the label “Pro” on the map.
- Select your preferred vehicle and other value add-ons listed. For an additional RM5.00, you can opt for the Premium Flex package, which offers a 30-minute extension on car returns, more flexibility with unlimited rescheduling of bookings and refunds without penalties.
- Ensure that the relevant promo code “GOCARPRO” is keyed in before proceeding to check out and complete payment.
- Proceed to collect your physical key at the GoCar Johor Jaya branch. The operating hours for the branch are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm; weekends and public holidays, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
For more information, visit https://hi.gocar.my.