The Subaru Connex telematics system is now available for new and current Subaru owners to enjoy greater safety and peace of mind. TC Subaru Sdn Bhd, the exclusive distributor of Subaru vehicles in Malaysia, had recently rolled out this complementary system after the successfully completing a two-year long trial.
“Subaru Connex has come at the right time when safety has become more important than ever. The device further enhances our continuous commitment to safety, giving Subaru drivers something more that they can rely on should they require emergency assistance,” said Mr Eugene Tay, Country Manager, TC Subaru Sdn Bhd.
Always keeping safety as a top priority, the Subaru Connex security system comes with the support of a 24/7 call centre. Some of the features of the Connex system are:
Automatic Accident Alert & Response
When a collision / accident happens, vehicles equipped with Subaru Connex will provide information such as the location of the vehicle, severity of the impact and crash speed to the call centre. An impact force as low as 2G will trigger the device will register the crash and send the necessary information to the call centre. Simultaneously, the on-board system will automatically connect with the call centre so that it can determine if medical or roadside assistance is required.
If assistance is required, the call centre will then connect with MERS 999 and provide the Subaru’s location. On the other hand, if there is no reply from the driver or occupants via the in-car voice box, and the on-board system detected a high severity impact, the call centre will also call MERS 999 to request for an ambulance to the accident site.
Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Subaru Connex can also assist with vehicle breakdown. By pressing the bCall button on the device, you can contact Subaru Roadside Assist which will then send the necessary help to your vehicle’s location. Roadside Assistance can help should you encounter an accident, flash flood or even a tyre puncture.
Enhanced Emergency Assistance
Subaru Connex users can also use the on-board system to notify the call centre to request for medical assistance. There is also an SOS service that allows you to call for help when you witness an accident or to assist someone else who needs it. Ambulance services will then be dispatched to the requested location.
For ultimate Confidence, Care and Convenience, VIP Assist is offered exclusively for Subaru Connex customers via the bCall button. This includes:
- Unlimited towing to a preferred authorised Subaru workshop, in case of flood, breakdown or accident.
- On-site repair service, up to RM300 (labour charge only) per incident.
- Transport reimbursement in case of an accident repair, up to RM2,000* (when serviced at authorised Subaru workshop). *Terms & Conditions apply.
Additional Security Features
- Smart Alarm – Upon setting up the alarm, you will be notified (via the Subaru Connex app and registered email) if your Subaru’s ignition has been switched on or if your vehicle is being towed.
- Car Status – You can conveniently check your Subaru’s battery voltage, device battery voltage, ignition On or Off status, driving history or last parked location.
- Pro-active Battery Status Management – The system will constantly monitor the vehicle battery’s health and you will be notified if the battery’s voltage runs low (via the Subaru Connex app as well as registered email) anytime and anywhere. This is convenient for situations where your car remains unused for a long time.
- Service Maintenance Reminder – Setting and turning on this feature will remind you when your car is due for servicing.
- Driving Score – By applying a profiling score for each of your driving trips, this is meant to train and encourage more efficient driving practices.
- Trip Review – This allows for quick checks on previous trips and informs you where the car has been. This is useful especially when you lend your Subaru to family members or friends, or if you are managing a fleet.
- Automatic Vehicle Location – In case you don’t remember where you last parked, Subaru Connex can help locate your vehicle.
- Speed Alert – You will receive via a push notification on the mobile app and the registered email when the car had exceeded the speed limit set. This may be useful in instances when you let someone else drive it, or for fleet management.
- Stolen Vehicle Recovery – If your Subaru has been stolen, you can contact the call centre via the mobile app. Upon verification, the call centre will activate the ‘stolen vehicle recovery’ process and liaise with the police for vehicle recovery.
Subaru Connex Usage-Based Insurance – (UBI)
Subaru Connex is Usage-Based Insurance (UBI) ready. More information will be provided when the programme is launched by early 2022.
You can download the Subaru Connex mobile app from Google Play store and Apple App Store to receive notifications and reports from the device.
From September 10 2021, Subaru Connex – priced at RM1,900 (exclusive of prevailing taxes) – will be available as an option for new Subaru XV and Forester customers at all authorised Subaru showrooms. In addition, existing XV and Forester owners can also purchase and install this device at any authorised Subaru Service Centres nationwide.
For more information visit https://www.subaru.asia/my/en/home/