As Malaysia enters its next phase of the Movement Control Order (MCO) in several states, Grab Malaysia has notified that its services remain operational. The Grab services for Food, Mart, Express and Transport will continue to serve Malaysians. There could however, be adjustments on the services and its operating hours so it is best to check in the Grab app for better clarity.
Grab remains focused on safeguarding the income of its drivers, delivery partners and merchants, and at the same time on protecting its customers’ health and safety. Since the first MCO in 2020, the company has taken steps to fasttrack the adoption of digital technology to help safeguard the livelihoods of its community. To adapt to the situation, Grab has initiated the following for:
Driver & Delivery Partners
- Boosting delivery network: With new services launched and the growing demand for delivery services, Grab is once again deploying drivers to boost its delivery network and also supplement the drivers’ income due to the possible decline in transport needs. This will ensure customers will continue to have seamless access to the Grab Food, Mart and Express services.
- Grab ‘Partner Protection Fund’: A Grab driver or delivery partner will receive up to RM1,000 to help with their medical needs if they are tested positive, or up to RM350 if they are required to self-isolate for precautionary purposes.
- Highest safety and hygiene standards via GrabProtect: To keep its community safe, the Grab driver and delivery network will have easy access to masks, sanitisers, cleaners and disinfectant sprays via the GrabBenefits platform. The Grab driver and delivery network are also required to voluntarily submit daily health declarations through the Grab Driver App.
- “Food Courts by GrabFood” and expanded “Pasar by GrabMart”: Grab had introduced these services in 2020 to help digitalise more traditional merchants whilst providing access to affordable essentials such as food and daily needs to its customers. It has plans to continue to expand this nationwide.
- Instant retail: With a general decline in foot-fall for retailers, Grab is extending to support growing retailers such as convenience stores, independent grocers, and pharmacies on its Mart section with its instant delivery service.
- Contactless & Cashless deliveries: To ensure safer and more hygienic practices and to protect its delivery community, Grab is encouraging everyone to practice and use contactless deliveries and cashless payments with GrabPay to minimise the risks of physical contact.
- Carefully sealed packages: Grab is also working with its merchants to ensure that all orders are carefully and appropriately sealed for hygiene purposes.