With all of Honda Malaysia’s authorised dealerships having commenced full operations, the company wishes to highlight to the public the preventive protocols that are put in place and strictly implemented. Honda Malaysia continues to emphasise the importance of safety and hygiene measures with its “Our Dealers Are Ready For You” initiative. All facilities at the dealership premises are sanitised according to the prescribed schedule to provide customers with peace of mind. Further, Honda Malaysia’s sales office and manufacturing plant are also resuming operations in stages during the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO) period.
“Honda Malaysia highly appreciates the hard work of all frontliners and cooperation of Malaysians that have helped flattened the curve. Most of the business sectors are allowed to open with conditions including the automotive industry are also coming back into operation and we look forward to contribute to the nation’s economy. However, we cannot rest on our laurels and need to continue to be attentive and adhere to the rules and regulations announced by the government during CMCO period. Even as our dealers commence operations in full, we will continue to emphasise customers and associates’ safety by practising social distancing as well as following the safety practices and guidelines. We have implemented strict precautions for everyone’s wellbeing, as we would like the customers to continue to experience the Joy of Buying at our dealerships with peace of mind. All Honda sales and service advisors are required to adhere to the new Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) and at the same time, we hope all our customers will follow the guidelines announced by Ministry of Health (MOH) and accept the new normal as the nation cautiously kick start the economy “Together As One”,” said Honda Malaysia Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer Mr. Toichi Ishiyama.
Honda’s Precautionary Measures for its dealerships are:
- Showroom Visit (Car Viewing)
- Upon arrival at a Honda dealership nationwide, you will undergo temperature screening and are required to use the hand sanitiser provided at the entrance, before entering the showroom. Individuals recording temperature of 37.5°C and above or are exhibiting symptoms of fever, cough and shortness of breath will be advised to leave the premises to immediately seek medical attention.
- The customer flow at all dealerships has been restructured to have only one entrance and one exit for a more effective check-and-control measure. High traffic or frequently used areas such as the door handles and washrooms are sanitized and disinfected on a regular basis every day.
- Upon entrance into the showroom, face masks will be provided to the customers. Both customers and Honda sales advisors are required to wear face masks before engaging in any discussion.
- All display cars in the Honda dealerships are cleaned using certified sanitisers regularly every day.
- Sales advisors are required to adhere to the recommended social distance of 1 metre from customers during the explanation on the exterior of the Honda models. During the demonstration and explanation of interior features of the car, the sales advisors will sit in the rear seat to maintain social distancing at all times.
- Customer Test Drive
- All test drive cars also are sanitised using certified sanitisers before and after each test drive session with particular attention to the areas and accessories that are frequently touched such as the steering wheel, switches, dashboard, door handles and car keys.
- To provide assurance and maintain hygiene at all times during a test drive, gloves are provided, and both customers and sales advisors must wear their face masks and gloves throughout the test drive.
- To continue social distancing, the sales advisor will sit in the rear seat at all times while the customer is conducting a test drive.
- Booking a Honda car
- In terms of car booking, Honda Malaysia encourages customers to make payment directly into respective dealership’s accounts via e-transaction to minimise contact with common items such as table, stationery and also Point-of-Sale (POS) Terminal. Honda Malaysia has also enabled online renewal for car insurance, making it more convenient and safer at the same time.
- New Car Delivery
- Honda Malaysia understands that the receiving of a new car delivery is a celebration for both dealers and customers.
- In view of the current situation and with safety being of utmost importance, the company advises customers to limit guests present during the new car delivery occasion to ONE person to avoid having a large crowd in the showroom.
- Every new car will be thoroughly sanitised before the customer takes possession of it.
- Honda After-Sales Services and Honda Cars Warranty Extension
- It is compulsory for customers to make appointments for their car service at the dealerships as Honda Malaysia is enforcing stringent measures including crowd control and social distancing.
- The number of customers present at any one time for car service in the dealership is limited at minimum capacity.
- Advance appointments will ensure that the customers are able to enjoy a smoother aftersales service experience. For the warranty extension, Honda Malaysia has made special considerations as follows:
General Precautionary Measures At Dealerships
Honda Malaysia is also taking extra precautions to ensure the highest safety and good personal hygiene of its sales and service advisors. The precautions include:
- Temperature checking is implemented on all employees. They are also reminded to wash their hands regularly.
- All Honda sales and service advisors are required to practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of 1 metre from one another at all areas.
- Honda dealers has also set up hand sanitising stations at key areas in all dealerships, such as the showroom entrance, customer lounge, discussion area, reception counter, workshop entrance, service advisor counter, cashier counter and washrooms.
- The windows or doors of the dealerships are opened every 30 – 60 minutes to ensure good ventilation
- The Kids Zone and Café remain closed for the time being.
- Educational materials on prevention guidelines are available at the reception counters and every discussion table as a reminder for all associates and customers.
Honda Malaysia is continually monitoring the development of the situation in the nation closely and working hard to ensure a safe environment in all its operations, including dealerships to provide customers with peace of mind when visiting a Honda dealership.