The Mitsubishi 4Sure Thrill event this weekend will offer free thrills from motorsports personalities. Happening this Saturday and Sunday (9 – 10 March 2019) at the Setia City Convention Centre outdoor carpark (10 am – 8 pm), the event will feature two-time Dakar Rally champion, Hiroshi Masuoka from Japan, and Malaysia’s own motorsports personality, Leona Chin. Admission is free.
Hiroshi Masuoka is the second Japanese driver in history to win the Dakar Rally (in 2002) in a Mitsubishi Pajero / Montero. Masuoka won the rally again in 2003. Incidentally, Mitsubishi Motors is the most successful make in Dakar Rally history, winning the “World’s Toughest Race” a record of 12 times.
Meanwhile, Leona Chin ventured into motorsports when she was 20 and was quickly associated with the title ‘Girl Drifter’. Some of Leona’s recent achievements include Most Promising Female Motorsports Athlete in the Asia Automotive Awards 2019 and Most Inspiring Female Motorsports Athlete in the PETRONAS SIC Motorsports Association of Malaysia (MAM) Awards.
The duo will be leading high speed taxi rides to showcase the new Mitsubishi Triton pickup truck and the four pillars under the 4Sure Handling unique selling points – 4Sure Power; 4Sure Control; 4Sure Agility; 4Sure Safety, that characterises the new Triton.
Besides riding on the high-speed rides with Hiroshi Masuoka and Leona Chin, visitors can test drive the new Triton on an off-road track which is specially designed with with uneven surfaces and muddy terrain to test the Mitsubishi Motors Super-Select 4WD II system and off-road mode. The track also features a descending track to test the Hill Descent Control of the new Triton.
Visitors can also expect:
- Exclusive limited edition Thule Subterra luggage (worth RM2,000) for the first 1,000 customers to own the new Triton
- Petrol vouchers worth RM30 for the first 30 new owners who book any Mitsubishi model
- Exclusive Ralliart umbrella for new owners who book any Mitsubishi model
- FREE Starbucks coffee for the first 100 participants to complete all three courses (high-speed ride, off-road obstacle course and on-road test drive)
- RM800 petrol vouchers, RM500 Touch & Go card and RM300 Tesco vouchers for the first, second and third prize respectively for 4Sure Thrill photo/video contest winners.
- RM5,000 worth of lucky draw prizes
The new Triton is priced from RM100k and available with a choice of five variants and four colours.
Pickup trucks are the foundation of Mitsubishi Motors and the company has been producing pick-ups since 1978. Over 40 years, much experience has been gained not only in engineering reliable and durable vehicles but also understanding the needs of diverse customers.
The new Triton is based on the concept of ‘Engineered Beyond Tough’ and has 40 years of experience in developing pick-up trucks that are durable, reliable and comfortable.