The Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L is now available at all authorised showrooms nationwide. Brought in by Ford distributor, Sime Darby Auto Connexion (SDAC), the Ranger Wildtrak is priced at RM127,888 in Peninsular Malaysia and RM133,888 for Sabah & Sarawak. Prices quoted are on-the-road without insurance.
The more aggressive-looking Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L comes in three colour options i.e. Cool White, Pride Orange and Shadow Black. It also comes with an early bird offer of two years or 40,000 km (whichever comes first) free service and maintenance. The same offer is also available for the Wildtrak 3.2L variant.
Powering the Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L is a turbocharged 2.2L Duratorq four-cylinder TDCi diesel engine with maximum power of 160 PS @ 3,000 rpm and peak torque of 385 Nm @ 1,600 – 2,600 rpm, paired with a six-speed automatic transmission.
The Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L comes with a class-leading 800mm water-wading capability, 235mm ground clearance, exceptional payload capacity and unbeatable towing ability of 3,500 kg.
Key features of the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L are:
- SYNC 3 connectivity system with 8″ touchscreen, voice command, Apple and Android support
- A 240-volt power socket that can be used to power a laptop or tablet computer anywhere
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Aid
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Adjustable Speed Limiter
- Forward Collision Alert & Mitigation by Brakes : lets out a chime and flashes a visual warning on the windscreen when it detects a high probability of a collision. The system also pre-charges the brakes for enhanced stopping power
- 4×4 shift-on-the-fly : allows switching between 2WD and 4WD High or Low mode while on the move
- Electronic locking rear differential : helps lock rear wheels to improve traction
- MyKey system : allows owners to customise car settings including top speed, audio volume and seatbelt reminders
- Electronic Stability Program with traction control, rollover mitigation and trailer sway control
- Hill Launch Assist
- Hill Descent Control
- Adaptive Load Control : calculates the weight and centre of gravity when hauling a load for safer driving
- Rear view camera with front and rear parking sensors
- Emergency Brake Assist
- Six airbags (dual front, side and curtain)
- Volumetric burglar alarm system
- ISOFIX mounting points for child seats
“The Ranger continues to be a Malaysian favourite, and the Wildtrak 2.2L will give Ranger customers even more choice to own the toughest, most capable pickup truck in the market,” said Syed Ahmad Muzri Syed Faiz, Managing Director, Sime Darby Auto Connexion.
To celebrate the launch of the Ranger Wildtrak 2.2L and SDAC’s 10-year anniversary, buyers who register any Ranger model between now and 30 June 2018 will stand a chance to win a Ford Fiesta 1.5L Sport. In addition, there are 15 units of Huawei Mate 10 Pro smartphones up for grabs.
The winners will be determined through monthly lucky draws, with five smartphones to be won each month.
The grand prize winner will be announced after the final draw in June.
Additionally, specially designed ‘Built Tough’ luggage tags are available when you test drive any Ford models during this campaign period.
For more information, visit SDAC’s multilingual website (www.sdacford.com.my), which features a chatbot in English.