The 2017 Malaysia Autoshow ended barely five months ago in early November last year, and the staff of the Malaysia Automotive Institute (MAI) have been working since then planning for the 2018 Malaysia Autoshow that will be held from 26 – 29 April. And for the second year, it will be held at the Malaysia Agro Exposition Park Serdang (MAEPS) because of the multiple halls, private roads and outdoor spaces available.
The shifting of the show’s dates to the beginning of the year is to avoid clashes with other international auto shows like Frankfurt, Paris and Tokyo. This gives the automotive brands some breathing space in future editions of the autoshow to provide better displays, concepts and technology showcases.
The 2017 Malaysia Autoshow attracted over 250,000 visitors and MAI is maintaining that expected figure for this year’s show, which promises a more comprehensive and immersive experience.
“The expansive venue facilitated longer test drives routes and allowed many exciting outdoor activities to be carried out by the participating brands, especially to demonstrate the various features in their products to visitors. These first-hand experiences for customers certainly contributed to the record-breaking sales, as well as a better outlook of what Malaysia’s automotive industry can offer to consumers today,” said MAI Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Madani Sahari.
This year’s show is themed ‘360-degree Mobility Experience’ and promises to showcase more than 100 cars comprising some of the latest models in the market as well as Volvo classic cars. Some of the major highlights of the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 include:
- A glimpse into the future of mobility at the Intelligent Mobility Experience (IMEX)
- A Kia Picanto for one lucky winner of the Lucky Draw Contest (Eligible to participants with a paid
ticket to the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 – Terms & Conditions apply)
- The first appearance in Malaysia by the resuscitated legendary German marque Borgward,
brought to you by GO Exim Sdn Bhd
- The opportunity to own a set of personalised legal tender stamps from POS Malaysia. Just snap
a photograph of yourself and your favourite car with a smartphone and pay RM20 for your very own
set of collectible stamps that will be printed on the spot
- Best-ever financing packages by Maybank valid only for cars purchased at the event
- Holiday packages within ASEAN (Flight and accommodation) for 8 lucky customers who book and purchase a car at the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 (Terms & Conditions apply)
Planned activities in the outdoor area include:
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (AEB) demonstration in a Perodua
- Lane departure assist and adaptive cruise control demonstration featuring Honda Sensing
- Free car inspection
- Go-kart racing
- Mitsubishi Obstacle Course
- Toyota 4×4 Experience
- Off-road driving experience by 4×4 clubs
- Music on Wheels showcase of in-car entertainment systems upgrades
- Test drives of latest models
- Specialty themed Culture and Cuisine Pavilion
- Food trucks
Maybank is the official financing partner for the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 and will be offering online submissions for hire purchase applications as well as discounts for entry ticket purchases using its QRPay option.
“As one of Malaysia’s largest automobile financier with a market share of more than 25%, Maybank is supportive of the growth of the Malaysian auto industry and will be having attractive and flexible financing packages on offer at this autoshow,” said Head of Community Financial Services Malaysia, Datuk Hamirullah Boorhan.
“In addition, through this collaboration with auto dealers, customers can enjoy greater convenience as their financing applications can be submitted online through our Maybank Auto Dealer Portal providing a swifter and more seamless experience,” he added.
Entry to the Malaysia Autoshow 2018 costs RM10; no charge for children below 12 years of age. Students also gain free admission on Thursday (26 April 2018).
You can also enjoy discounted ticket prices by purchasing online at www.autoshow.com.my.