Lake Wörth or Wörthersee (sounds like Ver-ther-zee) is the largest lake in the state of Carinthia in Austria, and a popular summer destination. The tranquil town of Reifnitz by Wörthersee is also a popular destination every May for the Wörthersee Treffen which is an annual gathering of Volkswagen Golf GTI and its enthusiasts.
It all began in 1982 as a small gathering of GTI owners and has since turned into a full-fledged festival of modified, classic and vintage Volkswagens, attracting over 100,000 fans from around the globe. This year is the 37th year of the Wörthersee Treffen and Volkswagen Passenger Cars Malaysia (VPCM) is offering you a trip for two to the event.
This trip of a lifetime is an all-expense paid trip for two to join the thousands of other GTI fans from all over the world. The contest is held by VPCM in conjunction with the upcoming launch of the new Golf family.
The contest has two rounds: In Round One, you are required to answer 10 Golf related questions in the fastest time; the top three fastest participants will advance to the Grand Finale. The Grand Finale is where the three finalists will battle it out in a Live Quiz at the Volkswagen Tour which will be held in 1 Utama Shopping Centre on 31 March 2018.
Additional details are as below:
- Participants are required to register and complete their personal details on Volkswagen Malaysia’s website (https://www.volkswagen.com.
- The contest will run from 20 March till 11:59 pm on 27 March 2018
- Participants may take part in a practice round to familiarize themselves with the mechanics as many times, before they begin the Quiz.
- Participants are required to answer a set of 10 multiple choice questions in the fastest amount of time.
- Each participant may submit multiple entries during the contest period.
- Three (3) finalists will be selected to compete in the Grand Finale.
ROUND 2 (GRAND FINALE):
(Live Quiz Round, 1Utama Shopping Centre)
- Three finalists will compete head-to-head in a live quiz hosted at the Volkswagen Tour in 1 Utama Shopping Centre on 31 March 2018.
- The Winner will be selected based on the fastest time, the most number of correct answers, subject to the decision by the panel of judges, and announced at the event.