Setia Alam, 6 February 2018 – Honda Malaysia has launched the 2018 Honda Odyssey facelift to complement its model line-up that is equipped with the advanced Honda SENSING technology. The other models with Honda SENSING were launched last year and they were the Accord and CR-V.
In the new Odyssey, the Honda SENSING consists of six features, which are divided into the categories of (1) Safety, and (2) Convenience & Comfort:
• Forward Collision Warning (FCW) will trigger a visual warning and audible alert for the driver when the monocular camera and a millimetre wave radar detect that there is a risk of collision with the front vehicle.
• Collision Mitigation Braking System (CMBS) assists in applying brake force progressively when it senses an increasing risk of collision.
• Lane Departure Warning (LDW) monitors vehicle lane position using cameras, and alerts the driver if he/she strays out of the lane.
• Road Departure Mitigation (RDM) provides alerts, applies brakes and assists the driver’s steering to prevent driving off the road.
2. Features for Convenience & Comfort:
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) sets a desired speed and following distance from the vehicle detected ahead.
• Lane Keep Assist System (LKAS) uses camera to read lane markings and assists the driver’s steering to keep the vehicle in the centre of its lane.
Other driving assistance features include Rear Cross Traffic Alert, Blind Spot Information and Parking Assistance. But like the Honda Accord with Honda SENSING, the Odyssey also does not include the Low Speed Follow function as this function requires an electronic parking brake.
As a deluxe MPV, the interior of the new Odyssey features new bigger armrest for the driver’s seat, 4-Way Passenger Power Seat, bigger headrests for its Premium Captain Cradle Seats with Ottoman in the second row for added comfort during long journeys, and more storage. The Ultra-Low Floor Platform of the new Odyssey makes it easier for passenger ingress and egress while at the same time enable a more spacious cabin. The seating is placed in a 2-2-3 layout and the third row folds flat into the floor.
The Odyssey is powered by a 2.4L DOHC i-VTEC Earth Dreams Technology engine with Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) and available power is 175 PS and 225 Nm.
Honda Malaysia Group Vice President, Mr. Akkbar Danial said, “In addition to Honda SENSING, the New Odyssey is expected to elevate the safety benchmark in Malaysia’s MPV segment with its unrivalled premium safety features. These include Multi-view Camera System, Smart Parking Assist System, Blind Spot Information that alerts on oncoming vehicle in the blind spot when the driver is switching lanes and Cross Traffic Monitoring that gives off a warning whistle when a collision with a cross-approaching vehicle is predicted when backing up the MPV. On top of all these features which are exclusively found only in the Odyssey, the New Odyssey is also equipped with six airbags.”
Honda Malaysia has set the sales target of 130 units per year for this Odyssey and since it will not be a volume seller for Honda Malaysia, the Odyssey is offered in only one variant which is the 2.4L EXV with Honda SENSING and it is priced at RM254,800 without insurance. It is covered by a 5-year warranty with unlimited mileage and a service interval of 10,000km.
It will be available in a choice of three colours, two of which are the first for a Honda model. The two new colours are Platinum White Pearl and Premium Twinkle Black Pearl, while the popular Super Platinum Metallic is carried over from the previous.
The Odyssey with Honda SENSING is now open for booking at all 93 Honda dealers nationwide.