Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Vw Polo -1.2 Tsi

• Please log in to reply

onetree710

Posted 25 May 2011 - 03:55 PM

onetree710

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
QUOTE (ktf @ May 24 2011, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, All Sifu, Might I know what is the FC for this car, car maintenance , any problem for this car, resales value, because I want to search a car for my wife. please give some comment on this car.

I cannot answer for others but for maintenance, the frequency is every 15,000km which is one of the longest I ever know.
So the cost of maintenance will be much lower than other makes even though the spare parts may be more expensive.
Warranty is 5 years of unlimited mileage.

rabpaul

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

rabpaul

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ May 25 2011, 07:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What makes you say ktf isn't a young rich man, thereby qualifying him to purchase this car? Simply because of him asking about resale value?

Asking about resale value is a dead give away that he is not some twenty something. smile_big.gif
Sorry I don't know of anyone in their twenties short of a Pilot/Flight attendant who can afford a 110K car.

kenso

Posted 25 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (teeaseye @ May 25 2011, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it is 4 airbags only for our local Polo TSI. Not sure why there was this perception that it has 6 airbags. Maybe if we count the 'Airbag' emblem in the cabin, it is 6 ??

Well, I can only quote from Paultan.org which states "Not much frills perhaps, but the vitals are there. The 5-star Euro NCAP rated Polo comes with ABS plus front, curtain and side airbags." You can read about it here:-

http://paultan.org/2...st-impressions/

kenso

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (rabpaul @ May 25 2011, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Asking about resale value is a dead give away that he is not some twenty something. smile_big.gif

Ah, your definition of young = twenty something .... my definition is more of a mental mindset. smile_clown.gif

tpl

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:09 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ May 25 2011, 08:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, only 4 airbags. I didn't choose the Polo because:-

1. Rear space very small. Ok if you have no kids.
2. Build quality not as good as Golf. Perhaps because it is made in South Africa (I was told).
3. Equipment level a bit low/sparse for the price.
4. Maintenance cost same as Golf.
5. For that price, I was comparing with Altis 1.8E (almost same price) and Pug 308T6 (slightly more ex).

If my max budget is around RM110k, I would go for the Altis (also best resale value). Another good value for money car would be the Fiesta 1.6. Flawed as it is, but good value for the RM82k asking price nonetheless (with free servicing I believe). The Pug is also good value but troublesome to maintain if you are unlucky. smile_approve.gif

ur golf sudah sampai ar??
2012 NMT President

tpl

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:16 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (onetree710 @ May 25 2011, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I cannot answer for others but for maintenance, the frequency is every 15,000km which is one of the longest I ever know.
So the cost of maintenance will be much lower than other makes even though the spare parts may be more expensive.
Warranty is 5 years of unlimited mileage.

i think volvo 20k km le..
2012 NMT President

arbageddon

Posted 27 May 2011 - 12:49 AM

arbageddon

5th Gear

• Members
  • 5 posts
Hi all, can anyone tell me whats the difference in terms of interior space between polo tsi and honda city? Particularly rear seat leg room. Thanks!

tpl

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:41 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (arbageddon @ May 27 2011, 12:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all, can anyone tell me whats the difference in terms of interior space between polo tsi and honda city? Particularly rear seat leg room. Thanks!

go try urself ma... city sure better leg room than polo...
2012 NMT President

pat1988

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:46 AM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 26 2011, 08:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ur golf sudah sampai ar??

Yup, one month already and it's brilliant. It's no GTI but still faster than E200 CGI. I measured accelerating from traffic lights to turn off to my house, this TSI got up to 143 whereas CGI got to 135 before having to apply the brakes to turn. If I have to complain, there is still a slight lag before the power comes in. But it's less lag than the CGI. Ideally, full acceleration should be available from 1,000 rpm but I suppose you need a diesel or 5 litre car for that to happen. smile_big.gif

All in, this is a brilliant car. However, it is a bit expensive, so I cannot say it is value for money in Malaysia. In my eyes, that title still goes to the 308T6. I would buy this over the Polo in Malaysia I'm afraid. smile_shock.gif

teeaseye

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

teeaseye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ May 27 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup, one month already and it's brilliant. It's no GTI but still faster than E200 CGI. I measured accelerating from traffic lights to turn off to my house, this TSI got up to 143 whereas CGI got to 135 before having to apply the brakes to turn. If I have to complain, there is still a slight lag before the power comes in. But it's less lag than the CGI. Ideally, full acceleration should be available from 1,000 rpm but I suppose you need a diesel or 5 litre car for that to happen. smile_big.gif

All in, this is a brilliant car. However, it is a bit expensive, so I cannot say it is value for money in Malaysia. In my eyes, that title still goes to the 308T6. I would buy this over the Polo in Malaysia I'm afraid. smile_shock.gif

Yup, Golf TSI is a 'bit' expensive... but in Msia this is the price to pay based on our bolehland's price structure and also for the VW (german) brand. Well, if can afford it, why not.... after all life is short. smile_tongue.gif