Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wheel Cleaning With Brush

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:00 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 13 2011, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not huge.. only 17inch but the the design lobang big... so normally i use hand oni..

Even though the lobang is big, big brushes cannot go in because either have disc rotor/caliper or the drum there blocking the space.... smile_blackeye.gif

dschia

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:01 AM

dschia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
This is my favourite brush system. The brush on the far left is my failed effort trying to imitate the woolie brush by using MF material.

The flat MF brush is my favourite inner wheel brush at the moment. I would prefer it over any of the bristle brushes in my arsenal. The brushes that I almost always reach out to are the flat MF brush, round head brush and the MF glove. The rest of the brushes including some not shown are 'situational' brushes.

vr2turbo

Posted 14 May 2011 - 12:34 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (dschia @ May 14 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is my favourite brush system. The brush on the far left is my failed effort trying to imitate the woolie brush by using MF material.

Before I got my brushes, I tried that also but failed too..... smile_wink.gif

tpl

Posted 16 May 2011 - 07:00 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 13 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Even though the lobang is big, big brushes cannot go in because either have disc rotor/caliper or the drum there blocking the space.... smile_blackeye.gif

as i mentioned i use hand onli... kekekekke
2012 NMT President

y32kit

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

y32kit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
QUOTE (dschia @ May 14 2011, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmmm...the MF glove looks good. Bro Chia, may I know where u bought it? Really interested to get 1 or 2... smile_wink.gif

irony

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:31 PM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
After touching the mr. clean's brush again, I end up buying it.. bristles not so hard so I think it is safe for mild brushings smile_thumbup.gif softer than CarPlan's brush.. Haven't test it though.. now I have to find smaller brush for the lugnuts..

vr2turbo

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (irony @ May 16 2011, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After touching the mr. clean's brush again, I end up buying it.. bristles not so hard so I think it is safe for mild brushings smile_thumbup.gif softer than CarPlan's brush.. Haven't test it though.. now I have to find smaller brush for the lugnuts..

For lugnuts, Get the middle two brushes in the pic.

QUOTE (y32kit @ May 16 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmm...the MF glove looks good. Bro Chia, may I know where u bought it? Really interested to get 1 or 2... smile_wink.gif

Just use micro fiber cloth. Works the same for me..... smile_tongue.gif

dschia

Posted 16 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

dschia

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 498 posts
QUOTE (y32kit @ May 16 2011, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, you wont find one on the market, its the MR J Limited Edition Series, LOL. I have been searching for a solid MF glove for ages but couldnt find one so I googled, read some guides, and sew myself! Kind of crazy especially I am someone do know nuts about sewing. After a couple of hrs, I manage to make myself a glove with lots of lobangs, but heck la, as long as it gets the job done. It is super useful especially for cleaning the back of the wheel. Not ideal for the face of wheel though. Some pics of the glove in action;

junbecks

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
QUOTE (dschia @ May 16 2011, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now this is what I call a warrior

Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]

y32kit

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:43 PM

y32kit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts
Wah...like this have to engage Home Minister help liao... smile_blackeye.gif