Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wheel Cleaning With Brush

• Please log in to reply

irony

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie when it comes into detailing.. I plan to buy mr clean's wheel brush: http://www.apbabrand...iling-brush.jpg

It is safe to use on painted aftermarket wheels? it's factory painted in gunmetal, not painted at paint workshops smile_tongue.gif
But I'm afraid the brush's bristles will cause scratches to the paint.. any sifus could give comments?

and where to buy cheap claybar?

Thanks! smile_thumbup.gif

junbecks

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

junbecks

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 471 posts
hi there, welcome!

1. yes it will scratch
2. but can minimise scratches
3. thoroughly rinse the rim front and back first before you start
4. put your hand inside the rim to remove any stones or mud first before using the brush
5. rinse your brush very often
6. hope for the best.

cheap clay bar? Not sure, but PG to me is cheap, Carefour, tesco got. Should not mix 2 questions in 1 thread.
Washing a car should be an artform, not a chore.

WTB Any acidic wheel cleaner
[PM me if you want Iso-propyl Alcohol, IPA.]

tpl

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:35 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
use ur finger/palm to clean..
2012 NMT President

jonlsl

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:37 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (irony @ May 12 2011, 10:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi folks,

I'm a newbie when it comes into detailing.. I plan to buy mr clean's wheel brush: http://www.apbabrand...iling-brush.jpg

It is safe to use on painted aftermarket wheels? it's factory painted in gunmetal, not painted at paint workshops smile_tongue.gif
But I'm afraid the brush's bristles will cause scratches to the paint.. any sifus could give comments?

and where to buy cheap claybar?

Thanks! smile_thumbup.gif

What about using a separate sponge to clean the wheels. This would be a better option if you are afraid of the brush scratching the painted rim. There are so many shape and sizes. If you cant find the right size just buy a big one and cut to your preferred shape.

I use a separate sponge to clean my rims.

irony

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

irony

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
Thanks all.. wow, so fast response in the auto detailing section! smile_thumbup.gif

I wanted to use brush to clean the parts where normal sponge cannot reach.. but if the bristles will scratch, might as well not use it smile_blackeye.gif or probably use baby bottle brush which have softer bristle smile_blush.gif

I've watched some videos online where they use ONR and brush the rims profusely.. so ganas! smile_shock.gif

jonlsl

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (irony @ May 12 2011, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks all.. wow, so fast response in the auto detailing section! smile_thumbup.gif

I wanted to use brush to clean the parts where normal sponge cannot reach.. but if the bristles will scratch, might as well not use it smile_blackeye.gif or probably use baby bottle brush which have softer bristle smile_blush.gif

I've watched some videos online where they use ONR and brush the rims profusely.. so ganas! smile_shock.gif

You can try using the baby bottle brush and try to wrap a cotton polishing cloth or MF cloth then clean the wheel.

vr2turbo

Posted 12 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Try look for these brushes......

Bristles are longer, so less chances of scratching, but back fling is more.... smile_tongue.gif

jackson

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

jackson

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts
and remember, u must use special 100plus like vr2 uses smile_tongue.gif but that 100plus is for tyre and rims to drink not for human consumption.
It's easy when you know how...

tpl

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
like toilet bowl brush... laugh.gif
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 12 May 2011 - 01:30 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jackson @ May 12 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and remember, u must use special 100plus like vr2 uses smile_tongue.gif but that 100plus is for tyre and rims to drink not for human consumption.

Nabeh, you are very sharp leh..... This is new cherry flavor...... smile_tongue.gif hahahahaha smile_big.gif

ps. 100 plus bottle is used because more rigid and better then mineral water bottles and is mixed of car shampoo..... smile_wink.gif