Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tinted...tinted...pening Already

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:04 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,482 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ May 9 2011, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tint 40% all around my car no problem to pass every single roadblocks...

because 30% front+back windscreen and 50% for side window..still within tolerance...

but mine just cheap tint rm250 at brothers....wakakakakakak....

better to get good quality tint...u'll notice the diff during burning hot sun in broad daylight....

cooler ambient temp. without being too dark...

30% is for front, back can be 50%..... smile_tongue.gif
Recently see a lot of cars tint got polka dot air bubbles. Those must be very cheap tint. I wonder how they drive as really hard to see..... smile_blackeye.gif

rallychamp

Posted 09 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 9 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
500 budget can even get security tint edy.. smile_thumbup.gif

when old tints becomes bad then i'll change into better one smile_shy.gif

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

ain206

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (tpl @ May 9 2011, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
500 budget can even get security tint edy.. smile_thumbup.gif

yup i got a 4mil installed at that that price on my daughters FL as the one given by proton is not up to the mark in and it is only tint w/o security.

vr2turbo

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,482 posts
QUOTE (rallychamp @ May 9 2011, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
when old tints becomes bad then i'll change into better one smile_shy.gif

I changed mine already. Serve me 10 years...... smile_thumbup.gif

yuneh16

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (aimanrajak @ May 6 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there...

i just bought a Vios and now still shopping around to look for the best tint within my price range. Really need your help.

My budget is about RM500.00 (all for 4 windows, front n rear windows).

Could you suggest what is the best deal that i can get and the location of the shop.

And if possible, with warranty and JPJ cert...

Thanks wink.gif

Hi thr,

I would suggest that with this sum, try invest more on your windscreen...the windscreen is a large screen, and plus, if you are on the road alone most the time, the windscreen is the culprit that makes you feel hot. There are myriads of film out there that pass JPJ rules but still give you good heat reflection. Look for this.

For window side, you can then go to install it anywhere at later stage.

This works on my Kancil, where i only have it tint on windscreen, while window and rear window i planned to tint it more than a year ago but....nah, no need la, juz nice. Traffic jam NO PHOBIA!!!

br1

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:21 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ May 9 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi thr,

I would suggest that with this sum, try invest more on your windscreen...the windscreen is a large screen, and plus, if you are on the road alone most the time, the windscreen is the culprit that makes you feel hot. There are myriads of film out there that pass JPJ rules but still give you good heat reflection. Look for this.

This works on my Kancil, where i only have it tint on windscreen, while window and rear window i planned to tint it more than a year ago but....nah, no need la, juz nice. Traffic jam NO PHOBIA!!!

All screen and widows are equally important and I did mine, to my liking tint darkness b4 I take delivery of car (after papacom approval) cos I dont wanna to take tint off later or paste some notes on fro them!!! hahahah

tpl

Posted 10 May 2011 - 08:36 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
the thing is...... TS dunno cabut where liao... smile_disapprove.gif
2012 NMT President

vr2turbo

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:56 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,482 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ May 9 2011, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi thr,

I agree. Front screen sloping so will get direct sun.
For front screen get high heat rejection, not dark screen. Dark does not mean better heat rejection.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:57 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,482 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ May 9 2011, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All screen and widows are equally important and I did mine, to my liking tint darkness b4 I take delivery of car (after papacom approval) cos I dont wanna to take tint off later or paste some notes on fro them!!! hahahah

Bro. br1,
Sure you did not paste the notes earlier. After pass, not need see them already mah!..... smile_big.gif

dinasor84

Posted 11 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

dinasor84

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 10 2011, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Front screen sloping so will get direct sun.
For front screen get high heat rejection, not dark screen. Dark does not mean better heat rejection.

Dark screen with poor heat rejection cause the car to be heated. Black aborb heat ... i learn it from school long time ago.