Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Tinted...tinted...pening Already

• Please log in to reply

aimanrajak

Posted 06 May 2011 - 06:38 PM

aimanrajak

1st Gear

• Members
  • 1 posts
Hi there...

i just bought a Vios and now still shopping around to look for the best tint within my price range. Really need your help.

My budget is about RM500.00 (all for 4 windows, front n rear windows).

Could you suggest what is the best deal that i can get and the location of the shop.

And if possible, with warranty and JPJ cert...

Thanks wink.gif

KL3223

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:03 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (aimanrajak @ May 6 2011, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if possible, with warranty and JPJ cert...

there is no such thing as JPJ cert. so long as the VLT meets JPJ requirement, you are ok.

vr2turbo

Posted 07 May 2011 - 04:58 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ May 7 2011, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
there is no such thing as JPJ cert. so long as the VLT meets JPJ requirement, you are ok.

Most will issue to you a warranty card, but not JPJ approval as they don't do that.
RM500 for good tint? Maybe RM600 plus for some solar guard....Good tint will be in RM1k plus.... smile_tongue.gif

KL3223

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

KL3223

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 945 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 7 2011, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Most will issue to you a warranty card, but not JPJ approval as they don't do that.
RM500 for good tint? Maybe RM600 plus for some solar guard....Good tint will be in RM1k plus.... smile_tongue.gif

warranty card is for defects and possibly re-tint if kena kopek due to summons/road blocks/puspakom inspection. but if change of ownership, tak boleh re-tint!
there is no such thing as JPJ approved tint. so long as the VLT meets the JPJ requirements, that is the so- called "JPJ approved" tint , but dont forget that the glass in itself comes with some form of heat rejection , so, even if the tint says VLT is 73%, once applied to the glass, don't be surprised it still fail the 70% requirement (for front screen). One of my rides using Vkool elite which says > 70% VLt but once applied to the front screen, actual reading is only 55%

vr2turbo

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (KL3223 @ May 7 2011, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
warranty card is for defects and possibly re-tint if kena kopek due to summons/road blocks/puspakom inspection. but if change of ownership, tak boleh re-tint!
there is no such thing as JPJ approved tint. so long as the VLT meets the JPJ requirements, that is the so- called "JPJ approved" tint , but dont forget that the glass in itself comes with some form of heat rejection , so, even if the tint says VLT is 73%, once applied to the glass, don't be surprised it still fail the 70% requirement (for front screen). One of my rides using Vkool elite which says > 70% VLt but once applied to the front screen, actual reading is only 55%

If you don't need to be checked by Puspakom, probably you will not have any problem, as road block will block you if the tint is too dark visibly...... smile_tongue.gif

br1

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
If your darkest Tint also are pasted paste with some big notes - light will pass through, that what puspacom will say - hahaha!

vr2turbo

Posted 08 May 2011 - 07:40 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ May 8 2011, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If your darkest Tint also are pasted paste with some big notes - light will pass through, that what puspacom will say - hahaha!

kakakakakakaka...... smile_big.gif smile_big.gif

pokemon

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:03 AM

pokemon

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,812 posts
hi..

i'm looking for a reasonable good tint for my mpv. UV, heat n no kacau from jpj priority n security second. how much should I be spending ?

any brand, type and place to recommend in PJ ?

films like vKool costing 2-3K is definately out

Plan for tomorrow but live for today

rallychamp

Posted 09 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

rallychamp

hands on habbit

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,669 posts
i tint 40% all around my car no problem to pass every single roadblocks...

because 30% front+back windscreen and 50% for side window..still within tolerance...

but mine just cheap tint rm250 at brothers....wakakakakakak....

better to get good quality tint...u'll notice the diff during burning hot sun in broad daylight....

cooler ambient temp. without being too dark...

*crazy drifter|| http://img225.images...gilalahlagi.jpg
*Drift King is Back!!|| http://img580.images...ahdkterbaik.jpg
(NFS Underground)

tpl

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
500 budget can even get security tint edy.. smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT President