Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Group Order - Door Insulation Seal

• Please log in to reply

teerex

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:05 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (rex4585 @ Apr 28 2011, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not install yet. Undecided whether to install in new or old Rex. Wait for more feedback first.

Bro, surely must install in the old rex la! if you install in the new rex, afraid you might hear your own respiration ha ha ha! too quiet.

The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

r3xt0n

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:13 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (teerex @ Apr 28 2011, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro, surely must install in the old rex la! if you install in the new rex, afraid you might hear your own respiration ha ha ha! too quiet.

After adding the rubber insulation (that meant for lower part of the door) at the rear door, it is so much more silent now, especially on bumpy road where the rear door tends to create some sound.

bk4t9

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 28 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro BK4t9, how is your feedback after adding the door insulation? Has the wind sound at door after 140kmh improved? I discussed with our Ipoh panel workshop and he suggested there could be air leaking in from the side mirror, will check this the next time I going to the workshop. I just added the rubber insulator to rear door and window but yet to test on highway to test the difference.

Bro Teerex, Bro Razopower, Bro RX270XDI & Bro Rex4585, have you guys installed yet?

the reason I choosed to install the door insulation rubber is I have the chance to feel the difference of pre install and after install of the insulation rubber seal.
before the installation on the way to Ipoh,I speed about 140km/h,the wind noise is clear and loud I can hear it,and after installation on my way back also travel about the same speed,the noise is less significantly altho cannot say completely none,cos wind noise can always transfer from places like front screen glass when hit with the wind at high speed,anyway I do feel the difference after and before,money well worth spend,only thing that not get use to it is you have to shut the door harder than before,really not get use to it,sometime have to shut twice to get it close,may be it's air tight now inside the cabin.
<P> </P>

r3xt0n

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:43 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Apr 28 2011, 09:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the reason I choosed to install the door insulation rubber is I have the chance to feel the difference of pre install and after install of the insulation rubber seal.
before the installation on the way to Ipoh,I speed about 140km/h,the wind noise is clear and loud I can hear it,and after installation on my way back also travel about the same speed,the noise is less significantly altho cannot say completely none,cos wind noise can always transfer from places like front screen glass when hit with the wind at high speed,anyway I do feel the difference after and before,money well worth spend,only thing that not get use to it is you have to shut the door harder than before,really not get use to it,sometime have to shut twice to get it close,may be it's air tight now inside the cabin.

The one added at the door chassis is Silicone Insulator, that should be more lasting. Yeah right, got to shut door harder and the slamming sound is more solid now. If you added the rubber insulator to your rear door and rear window, you got to shut it harder too and it helps to reduce noise from rear door. It is very easy to stick it around the edge that I showed you the other day.

errierext

Posted 13 May 2011 - 11:43 AM

errierext

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
still got stock for this item?

r3xt0n

Posted 16 May 2011 - 09:03 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (errierext @ May 13 2011, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
still got stock for this item?

This is Group Buy item, got to order from Korea again. Bro Chriss going to order some items from Korea, perhaps you can ask him to order yours together. Try to PM him to work out the arrangement.

errierext

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:06 AM

errierext

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts
i need it.. pls help to order...