Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Group Order - Door Insulation Seal

• Please log in to reply

r3xt0n

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:16 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Collected the Item but got charged for RM250+ for duty and tax. After neg, reduced the amount to RM187. So each order will have to bear extra RM30.

Here is the custom receipt

Will pass the following order to Bro Teerex on Sun when he return from his camping.

2. RX270XDI - Item 1 = RM180 - Paid RM270
4. Razopower - Item 1 & Item 2 = RM270 - Paid RM270
5. Teerex - Item 1 & Item 2 = RM270 - Paid RM270

Bro BK, how do you like to collect your order? Coming down to Ipoh to install or wait for Bro Razopower to bring it along when he go Pg or Post Laju to you?

razopower

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:57 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 14 2011, 06:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Collected the Item but got charged for RM250+ for duty and tax. After neg, reduced the amount to RM187. So each order will have to bear extra RM30.

Here is the custom receipt

Will pass the following order to Bro Teerex on Sun when he return from his camping.

2. RX270XDI - Item 1 = RM180 - Paid RM270
4. Razopower - Item 1 & Item 2 = RM270 - Paid RM270
5. Teerex - Item 1 & Item 2 = RM270 - Paid RM270

Bro BK, how do you like to collect your order? Coming down to Ipoh to install or wait for Bro Razopower to bring it along when he go Pg or Post Laju to you?

Probably bro bk4t9 can pick up from Ipoh will be faster, however it would be cheaper if u pos laju to him.

Bro teerex, pls pay on my behalf to bro r3xt0n the extra RM30, I will kira with you when you come back from Grik trip ok.

Thanks in advance.

teerex

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

teerex

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 632 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Apr 14 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably bro bk4t9 can pick up from Ipoh will be faster, however it would be cheaper if u pos laju to him.

Bro teerex, pls pay on my behalf to bro r3xt0n the extra RM30, I will kira with you when you come back from Grik trip ok.

Thanks in advance.

No problem bro, your are welcome.
The ultimate measure of man is not what he stands for in moments of comfort or convenience, but where he stands at times of challenges and controversy.

bk4t9

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

bk4t9

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 349 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Apr 14 2011, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks in advance.

no problem can install in Ipoh,but will arrange my time first.
<P> </P>

r3xt0n

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Let me know early, occupied with my project testing, so got to plan time better.

r3xt0n

Posted 16 April 2011 - 03:24 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (bk4t9 @ Apr 14 2011, 11:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The workshop is off 2 days, Tues & Wed. So should schedule after Thurs.

Just back from the workshop installing the Silicone Door Insulator. Quite difficult and time consuming, got to dismantle the plastic casing and the original rubber insulator. Then fit in the Sillicone Insulator and follow by the Original Rubber Insulator. Took about 4~5 hours but probably faster now after wasting much time trying to get both insulator fitted right.

Door slamming sound is more solid now. The air pressure level increased to at least the same level of Rexton II. Have not tested it on highway yet, will report back when got chance to test on high speed.

r3xt0n

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Bro Teerex collected for Bro Razopower and Bro RX270XDI too, get it installed quickly to experience the space shutter vacuum feeling. Just tested a short drive around my estate with Bro Teerex and he can felt the difference instantly.

Now because of totally concealed door, the engine from engine compartment seems more obvious that should be the next sound proofing target. Bros, any suggestions and info on this?

r3xt0n

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Bro BK4t9, how is your feedback after adding the door insulation? Has the wind sound at door after 140kmh improved? I discussed with our Ipoh panel workshop and he suggested there could be air leaking in from the side mirror, will check this the next time I going to the workshop. I just added the rubber insulator to rear door and window but yet to test on highway to test the difference.

Bro Teerex, Bro Razopower, Bro RX270XDI & Bro Rex4585, have you guys installed yet?

razopower

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

razopower

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Apr 28 2011, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro BK4t9, how is your feedback after adding the door insulation? Has the wind sound at door after 140kmh improved? I discussed with our Ipoh panel workshop and he suggested there could be air leaking in from the side mirror, will check this the next time I going to the workshop. I just added the rubber insulator to rear door and window but yet to test on highway to test the difference.

Bro Teerex, Bro Razopower, Bro RX270XDI & Bro Rex4585, have you guys installed yet?

My order is still with bro Teerex, and we will plan for under the tree workshop to install together.

I am waiting for bro Teerex to suggest a suitable time to meet up. will feedback once it is done.

Cheers.

rex4585

Posted 28 April 2011 - 08:49 PM

rex4585

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
QUOTE (razopower @ Apr 28 2011, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My order is still with bro Teerex, and we will plan for under the tree workshop to install together.

I am waiting for bro Teerex to suggest a suitable time to meet up. will feedback once it is done.

Cheers.

Not install yet. Undecided whether to install in new or old Rex. Wait for more feedback first.